Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
disneymom2003
DIS Veteran

Best Pool/Resort for 3 Year Old

Hi everyone. Well we are trying to plan another trip to the World. This time we will have our 3 year old grandson. The first time we went our kids were teens so looking for advice for little ones. We are going to take him just before he turns 3. My hubby loves the deluxe resorts and wants to stay at Beach Club. He thinks the pool there will be great for the GS. Since you all have insight, I am wondering what do you think will be the best hotel and pool for a 3 year old boy. TIA
Old 09-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I remember taking my youngest sibling when she was 3. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and it was wonderful being able to make the decision to leave the park and be back to our room in 15 minutes. This was invaluable. I don't think you have to be at the Grand Floridian, but definitely think in terms of accessibility. Since all of the deluxe resorts have great pools, I would consider:

1) The Contemporary (you can walk to and from the MK for very easy access...especially at night when the buses, monorails, etc are mobbed)

2) The GF or the Poly (easy access to the MK)

3) Any of the Epcot resorts (easy access to Epcot and the Studios and great pools)

Have a wonderful trip with your grandson
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Just got back from the YC, and I might be in the minority here, but I think SAB would be hard to keep track of young ones, it's so huge. I saw lots of parents trying to keep tabs on their little ones, keeping them out of the deeper end and saying that they couldn't go on the huge slide.

We have teens and they loved it, the deep lazy river, the large slide and the huge size of it all.

For a toddler, I would rather go for a pool that is more contained with a zero entry.

Volcano pool at the Poly is perfect for young ones. The Poly is a monorail hotel, so strollers on the monorail make an easy trip. Young ones love the theme, beach and huge rooms with bedrails on the daybed if you need them.

AKL's pool at Jambo house, we really liked AKL's pool and thought it was perfect for our younger kids at the time. There is a zero entry area and a nice playground. AKL animals, lobby and decor fascinate kids of all ages. AKL is more remote than other hotels, but we did not mind the bus ride (just plan for extra time). Our bus to MK from AKL took less time than the YC bus did, as we had multiple resort stops at YC before heading out to MK.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

If you are looking solely for the pure enjoyment of your 3 year old grandson, I would suggest Art Of Animation Resort. If he is a Cars fan he will LOVE it there. I know it's not a deluxe but they have family suites which are really nice. The theming is awesome, the Nemo pool is really cool and if I remember correctly it's zero degree entry. I think it's the perfect resort for a 3 year old!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

I do hear from some that SAB at YC/BC may be large for a 3 year old, but there is a play area for little ones, and there is also a small slide. Parents are going to be keeping track no matter what pool you're at, might as well be the nicest on the property!
disneydee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I would recommend Caribbean Beach Resort. The children's play area at the pool is a pirate theme, my almost 2 year old loved it! Pool has cannons shooting, it is really cool! Prior to DS#2 arrival, we stayed at BC with a 9 year old who could swim. Pool there is awesome, BUT I would wait not enjoy it with a younger child. Just too big, too many people. Also small child MIGHT be able to do slide at CBR, but not at BC, IMO.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We don't have little ones, but I think the volcano pool at the Poly or the Uzima pool at AKL are great for little ones. SAB is nice, but it can be a little overwhelming with little ones, IMO. Good luck deciding and have a great trip with your grandson .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We own at BCV and stayed there for our grandson's first visit when he was 3. We hated SAB with him. The children's beach area is good for little ones but at 3, ours thought he was big enough for other parts of the pool, which he was not. It's hard to keep up with kids there.

I have stayed at all of the deludes except Poly and for young swimmers, I like AKL.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

my favorite pool is BC respectively. But for a 3yo that might not be the best choice. For the best resort maybe a monorail resort or AoA? AoA seems really great for younger children, but it does not have a pool w/ slide. The monorail resorts are great for MK and also have great pools, with slides for all ages.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

I vote for Beach Club. I love Stormalong Bay and our youngest daughter was able to enjoy that pool at age 2 and 3. The sandy bottom pool is great for little ones in my opinion and not so stressful for me to watch them.

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
disneymom2003
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the replies. It is going to be a while before we go but I love to plan. Thanks again for the help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: