Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
lvvacation
Mouseketeer

Poly or BWI-help me decide!

Planning a trip for DH and I (both in our 40s) for marathon weekend. I think I've narrowed it down to Poly and BWI (although WL is still somewhat in the running), but am completely torn. I haven't stayed at either one. We'll probably spend more time at Epcot than MK so that makes me think BWI should be our choice, but we'll have a car too, so transportation isn't that big of a deal. What would you chose for two adults who probably will not use the pool?
lvvacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvvacation View Post
Planning a trip for DH and I (both in our 40s) for marathon weekend. I think I've narrowed it down to Poly and BWI (although WL is still somewhat in the running), but am completely torn. I haven't stayed at either one. We'll probably spend more time at Epcot than MK so that makes me think BWI should be our choice, but we'll have a car too, so transportation isn't that big of a deal. What would you chose for two adults who probably will not use the pool?
If you plan on spending more time at EPCOT, I would go with BWI.

If I had to choose between the two, I would pick POLY bc of monorail and just the resort in itself.

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both and BOTH are GREAT! The themes are just completely different. BWI is VERY convenient to 2 parks but we also have stayed at the POLY in the Tahiti Longhouse which is a close walk to the direct monorail to Epcot too. The Poly has a more "laid-back" feel and BWI is more "classic".

We do love eating at KONA and Ohana at the POLY though and it's romantic to watch the fireworks from the POLY beach, even if your in your 50s.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) BLT with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Alabama Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvvacation View Post
We've stayed at both and have stayed at the Polynesian during Marathon Weekend and will again for this year's Marathon Weekend as well.
I love both resorts, but considering you have a car for transportation and you will spend more time at Epcot, I would go with BWI. You still will have bus transportation to and from any of the events. The other major reason I suggest it is because the Polynesian is just nuts on Saturday and Sunday with the 1/2 and full marathons. The Polynesian is right there next to a great spectator viewing area, so many people congregate at the Poly for the bathroom, coffee, etc. The lines for the lobby bathrooms and Captain Cooks get crazy. There is just lots of hustle and bustle.

The only reason I would suggest the Polynesian over BWI for that weekend is if you want to watch people run as a spectator along certain stops, there is one right in front of the Polynesian and several others very close by easily accessible by a short monorail trip if you time it right. I think you'd be able to see the runners at one point close to BWI, but I have no personal experience with it.

We are staying at the Polynesian with a group that we are running with, and we do love it, but I also very much love BWI, especially for an adults only trip.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: