Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
momsquad
DisneyDiva

Favorite Family Photo Spots?

Anyone have that favorite family photo shot? spot? they treasure at DLR or DCA? Some kind of picture you try to take every trip into the park? Please share.

Being an (almost) 30 year veteran of WDW (Honeymoon'83), we have those favorite shots that we take everytime we visit the Florida parks. (In front of Poseidon in Italy for instance) Over the years it is fun to line them up and enjoy the differences in us and the parks around us. Of course this isn't something we planned on from the beginning, it just kind of happened at first - then became tradition.

Anticipating our first visit to Walt's Park may not be our last. . .I'm wondering where some of those "fun" shots may be for the west coast veterans. Any suggestions that could provide magic memories through the years?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Rubygoose
Everybody's got a laughing place

One of my favourite pics from our trip last year was with Minnie at the entrance to her house (if I can figure out how to post pics, I'll put it up.) the doorway of her house framed the shot perfectly. There's me and DH standing behind minnie, and the two kids (2 and 4 at the time) standing in front of her.

I really like your idea of doing the same picture over the years. We'll have to try to get a similar shot this year (be there in two weeks!)
Rubygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

We always take one of ourselves on Dumbo! Of course, that's easy since it's just me, DH and DD3, so we all fit in one Dumbo. But it's fun!

Others I like are looking over Paradise Pier with Mickey's Fun Wheel in the background, in Town Square with Main Street and the castle in the background, in front of TSMM (DD's favorite ride), on the Mark Twain riverboat, eating Dole Whips in the Tiki Room waiting area, on the boat during the jungle cruise, and with Grizzly Peak in the background. Any on-ride photos are always great! For example, we often ask another family to take a pic of us on the tea cups before the ride gets started.

DD3 just told me "by the Haunted Mansion" as that is her other favorite...
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
LVdisneyChick
Mouseketeer

our pictures on paradise pier always come out nice. I even have a picture of when it was the sunwheel.
[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/vegas*****02/Disney%20vacation%202008/image442.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
momsquad
DisneyDiva

Oh fun! I like the Dole Whip idea! Other good ideas too!
Sun Wheel is a good icon shot!

Herein is a quickly put together collage of one of my favorite locations from Epcot. Our 1st pic is from our honeymoon in 1983 through last year 2011. Although we have visited over the years with all 3 of our children, I have yet to visit with all 3 AT THE SAME TIME! Hopefully we will all be together next year for our 30th anniversary land/sea holiday.

Anyone else out there have "through the years" similar photos at DLR?

Thanks DISNEY TOURIST BLOG for the layout design!

Last edited by momsquad; 09-09-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Trying again. . .
momsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
momsquad
DisneyDiva

Well drats, I know I've posted from my Flickr account before. Apparently my collage photo doesn't want to post. Not sure what I'm doing wrong this time. I admit, I don't have a complete understanding of how all this works. . .

Maybe I'll try to post again later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: