Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #46
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Was the ice cream machine broken when you were there? They usually have soft serve ice cream available for dessert.
I thought I remembered soft serve from the past, but when we were there a few weeks ago, I don't remember seeing it. Did I just miss it, or is it gone now?
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #47
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I don't even see chicken legs on the menu ... chicken nuggets on the child's menu, but not chicken legs.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #48
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

we were there in Jan and had no problems. We thought the food was good..we were more disappointed the step sisters were not there.. we saw Fairy Godmother instead.

as for Chef mickeys.. we were there last weekend for dinner... I actually thought is was better than it has ever been.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #49
p44nmun
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic3forme
we were there in Jan and had no problems. We thought the food was good..we were more disappointed the step sisters were not there.. we saw Fairy Godmother instead.

as for Chef mickeys.. we were there last weekend for dinner... I actually thought is was better than it has ever been.
Oh no! No stepsisters? Does that happen often, does anyone know? It's the whole reason we are going to that dinner.
p44nmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #50
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p44nmun View Post
Oh no! No stepsisters? Does that happen often, does anyone know? It's the whole reason we are going to that dinner.
We were there on Aug 29 and the stepsisters were the characters with Cinderella and Prince Charming. As for the food, I agree, not good and NO kids choices that were of norm. My DS 8 wouldn't eat anything but fruit and I was not exactly pleased with adult choices. But it was for the characters and sometimes I just blow off the bad meal and wipe that restaurant off the list for another visit

juliehoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #51
juliehoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingrollercoaster View Post
Who serves a bowl of chicken legs on a buffet for kids? Chicken bones and kids don't mix! Sushi, not even close. Desserts literally a joke. Pizza gross and macaroni and cheese dry and cheap. Peel and eat shrimp was horrible.......Kids can't even get ice cream... I was shocked at the quality.......literally shocked. People save ur money. I've never posted a bad dining review .......TREX actually had wonderful food, surprised with quality and presentation
Were you in my head at that meal?? I had all the same thoughts.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #52
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
I don't even see chicken legs on the menu ... chicken nuggets on the child's menu, but not chicken legs.
Once in a while something odd will turn up that is unexpected. My all-time favorite dish at Disney was a potato pancake with mushrooms and artichoke at the CP back in 2001. Repeated trips since then have struck out ever finding it again.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #53
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We did enjoy breakfast here.

Dinner was not our style of food. We did not enjoy the strawberry soup everyone raves about. I would not call it a bad dinner. We will not return for dinner because the picky eaters in the family would not like it. I want them to be happy on our holiday.

We did enjoy the characters at both breakfast & dinner.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #54
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
We were there on Aug 29 and the stepsisters were the characters with Cinderella and Prince Charming. As for the food, I agree, not good and NO kids choices that were of norm. My DS 8 wouldn't eat anything but fruit and I was not exactly pleased with adult choices. But it was for the characters and sometimes I just blow off the bad meal and wipe that restaurant off the list for another visit
No kids meals that were of the norm? While I didn't pay close attention to the kids buffet, I know for sure there was basic cheese pizza. Plus there were chicken drumsticks - which IS basic for most kids. Plus there's make your own pasta - another easy food for kids. My DS likes pretty plain pasta so that's what he went up to make. There was also chicken noodle soup. If you mean there were no chicken nuggets....well, there wasn't that I recall. But if all your kid will eat is chicken nuggets, then you need to spend a bit more effort ensuring your restaurant of choice serves it.

To say there was NO normal kids food....is a little of an exaggeration.

As for the strawberry soup - it was basically a smoothie served as a soup. I tried it, liked it, but didn't waste stomach room on it as I get smoothies at lots of places. My DD liked it too but was too busy chowing down on the cheese pizza, which she liked much better than regular WDW pizza.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #55
juliehoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
No kids meals that were of the norm? While I didn't pay close attention to the kids buffet, I know for sure there was basic cheese pizza. Plus there were chicken drumsticks - which IS basic for most kids. Plus there's make your own pasta - another easy food for kids. My DS likes pretty plain pasta so that's what he went up to make. There was also chicken noodle soup. If you mean there were no chicken nuggets....well, there wasn't that I recall. But if all your kid will eat is chicken nuggets, then you need to spend a bit more effort ensuring your restaurant of choice serves it.

To say there was NO normal kids food....is a little of an exaggeration.

As for the strawberry soup - it was basically a smoothie served as a soup. I tried it, liked it, but didn't waste stomach room on it as I get smoothies at lots of places. My DD liked it too but was too busy chowing down on the cheese pizza, which she liked much better than regular WDW pizza.
I'm not exaggerating. There was a plate of greasy drumsticks, some frozen-not fresh-broccoli concoction, and a soggy 'dollar store' looking pizza(not typical Disney pizza which isn't so bad at times). That was all for kids choices. Please don't judge what how I chose for menus. I review all menus carefully and print them for my kids prior to my selection of a restaurant. The food was not up to par for a Disney buffet and that is what the discussion is here.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #56
carlaewalter
Earning My Ears

We have ADR's for November 7 dinner. While I'm reasonable enough to realize that this won't be the best food ever, I'm hoping that the character interactions make up for it. We are not picky eaters either, so we are more than happy filling up on standard buffet fare.

Reading through the menu, I don't think we'll have a problem finding enough to fill our stomachs, shoot, we'll just hit the dessert table first if that's the case

carlaewalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #57
p44nmun
Earning My Ears

We have dinner reservations in November too. I've always wanted to try it because I heard character interactions were so good, but we will be paying oop, so it is the one TS that I might cancel due to all these reviews. And what if there r no stepsisters that night like a previous poster mentioned? Then I'll be really disappointed. Decisions, decisions.
p44nmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #58
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Our previous visit to 1900 Park Fare two years ago was not very memorable. However, we were quite happy with both the food and the characters when we went for supper this August.
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #59
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

We were at 1900 for dinner this past July. We hadn't been in years and wanted to try it again. My hubby always like it. Well, we were very disappointed in the meal. Not at all how we remembered. The food was okay, not great and no more soft serve, which we loved. The characters were awesome though, very good with pictures, etc. The servers, well.... in a word horrible. We had two different servers. I think one went off duty and another picked up. No problem I understand that. The problem was that both of them took our credits off our dining plan!! We don';t know how this happened, but we didn't realize it (I know our fault for not really looking) until the next night. We had to go to the desk at our resort. It took a long time to get it all straighten out, but thankfully they did. We will not go back there again. Not because of the error in the dining plan, that could happen, but the food wasn't good and the servers weren't that nice. Hopefully you will have a better experience.

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #60
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

agreed

we ate there for dinner last september and it was undoubtedly the worst meal we had. the service was awful the food was cold the place felt like a cafeteria BUT the characters were hilarious. i would not go back, but if you have a cinderella fan it may be worth it...

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: