DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
scout68
We dig the Duck

Finally scratched our small add-on itch

We have been looking for a small (really small 30 point) VWL contract that we could use for a split stay or bank and borrow for a week or so. We received a call Saturday morning from Jamie at The Timeshare Store letting us know she had a contract that would soon be offered via email and was giving us first crack at it.

It has an April use year and has 2 2012 points left and all 2013 ($67.00 per).
It might be a touch high but with such a small contract it didn't bother us. We currently own at AKL and are hoping this will pass ROFR.

We are sending in our paperwork and deposit Monday.....Any predictions?

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
scout68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

good luck to you!! but you know what happens, sometimes that itch doesn't go away with one scratch. addonitis returns. hope you can call VWL home soon!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
scout68
We dig the Duck

Thanks, What part of Ct. are you from? We are in Wallingford.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 09-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Shelton. Hope your contract works out. VWL is really nice.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout68 View Post
We have been looking for a small (really small 30 point) VWL contract that we could use for a split stay or bank and borrow for a week or so. We received a call Saturday morning from Jamie at The Timeshare Store letting us know she had a contract that would soon be offered via email and was giving us first crack at it.

It has an April use year and has 2 2012 points left and all 2013 ($67.00 per).
It might be a touch high but with such a small contract it didn't bother us. We currently own at AKL and are hoping this will pass ROFR.

We are sending in our paperwork and deposit Monday.....Any predictions?

Congrats on finding the perfect resale contract. I would predict that you won't have any problems passing ROFR. Price doesn't seem unreasonable at all considering these small contracts command a higher price. Still better than the direct price from Disney ($102?).

I would love to find a 30 or 40 point contract at BCV. Maybe next year.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
scout68
We dig the Duck

Thanks,

Have you put your request in with the TTS? I had called on a posting via their email blast similar to our recent one about two months ago. I responded within 30 seconds of receiving the email only to be told the offer was pending a half an hour before the email. The gentleman who took my call asked if i wanted to put in a request for future offerings and of course I said yes. We actually had forgotten about it, then the call came in yesterday morning.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 09-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
sechelt
Mouseketeer

Isn't Jamie great? She helped with our resale too.
sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Caren90
DIS Veteran

I predict you will be the future owner of 30 VWL points within the next 45 days.

Stephen
Old 09-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
jrpeterson5
Earning My Ears

I'm a complete newbie here. Still in the process of buying a 230 to 250 point contract. Our first OKW contract was ROFR'd by Disney.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread but just hoping someone can give me a quick explanation of the benefit of these small add on contracts. I don't think I understand them. Thanks!!
jrpeterson5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpeterson5 View Post
I'm a complete newbie here. Still in the process of buying a 230 to 250 point contract. Our first OKW contract was ROFR'd by Disney.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread but just hoping someone can give me a quick explanation of the benefit of these small add on contracts. I don't think I understand them. Thanks!!
For many owners, they will find they need another x number of points per year, so they will look for a small add-on to boost their yearly total. The OP in this thread fell into that category.

Others may want a small contract to be able to bank/borrow their way to stays at another resort. If you buy a 50-point contract, it will give you 150 points to use every three years.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
scout68
We dig the Duck

Occasionally I come across a thread with a title that asks if you could do it over again would you change anything. My knee jerk answer is no, we would be hard pressed to find anything we don't like about our DVC purchase. That being said, If I were to buy again I would buy multiple smaller contracts rather than the one big one we first dove into (big to us is 170 points).

A couple of benefits as we see them:

On the resale side (not that we plan on selling EVER!) they are very hard to find and seem to be sought after by a number of potential buyers. Having multiple smaller contracts gives you the flexibility to change your home resorts as you lifestyle and travel plans evolve. By evolve I mean kiddies grow up, move out, become ridiculously successful and get their own DVC life and my awesome bride and I can visit WDW as the true children that we are.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
scout68
We dig the Duck

Well, we faxed our paperwork yesterday and received an email shortly afterwards stating our paperwork has been forwarded to Disney.

Let the 30 day clock start...........

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1
Old 09-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #13
rklives
Earning My Ears

Good Luck!! I just added on 60 points at VWL, it's by far our favorite resort, especially during the holidays
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #14
tkd27
Earning My Ears

That's really cool - have you heard anything yet?

When you were trying to find this, did you give the timeshare store an idea of what you wanted to pay, per point, or is it more of a take-what-you-get kind of thing? I'm starting to think about trying to convince my wife to do something like this

Also, hi to a fellow nutmegger I'm just a stone's throw from you in Meriden We were in Disney (our first ever trip there) last year during the October snow storm that knocked out power to most of the state. I posted this photo to my facebook wall during the height of the storm, with the caption:

"Life is good. The view from our table on the Disney Boardwalk. Meanwhile, as I understand it, life will be less good when I get home Sunday at midnight. Anyone feel like shoveling a pathway to my door for me?"

Not surprisingly, I got no takers (and one friend threatened to go add snow to my driveway for posting it )

Last edited by tkd27; 09-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
scout68
We dig the Duck

I don't know if you can give TTS specific dollar limits per point but I only gave them the request for a certain number of points and the resorts that we were interested in.

Doofenshmirtz

Headed home 11-1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: