Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

windsor hills and visitors and deliveries

How does WH handle people visiting you or any deliveries you have coming? We have an owners locker that is going to be delivered prior to us arriving and also have people coming to visit one day. The owner of the house is acting like none of this is possible without jumping through a lot of hoops. How hard is this?
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
nyfinfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
How does WH handle people visiting you or any deliveries you have coming? We have an owners locker that is going to be delivered prior to us arriving and also have people coming to visit one day. The owner of the house is acting like none of this is possible without jumping through a lot of hoops. How hard is this?
Deliveries are not a problem. You just need to call down to the guard shack and tell them who is coming and give an approximate time. There is a short list of places they don't let in anymore (I guess they had problems with those businesses). We found that list by our phone. I think it was only 4 food places.

We didn't have visitors but I think it works about the same way. The visitor should have your address and number so the guard shack can call you when they get there to verify.

Best Western/Cruise - June 1994
POR/Calabay Parc - Sep 2004
Formosa Gardens - Nov 2005
Windsor Hills - May 2007
HRH - Aug 2007
CSR - Aug 2009
Vista Cay - Oct 2011
nyfinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

We had some visitors last time we were there. We just called down to the guard gate and gave their name. They were given a pass for the day. Easy peasy!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
LILJAN59
Mouseketeer

Angry

Call the guard house for visitors in advance with their names and arrival time, and no problem. HORRIBLE PROBLEMS with food deliveries from restaurants not on their preferred list. Or if you use a non preferred restaurant, plan on DRIVING to the other side of the guard shack to pick up your food!

ALSI! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE THAT COVER FLOOD FROM ANY CAUSE AND FIRE!!! WE learned the hard way and ate our losses!!!
LILJAN59 is offline   Reply With Quote