Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #196
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Whew, all caught up!

SO glad to hear that you all made it through the storm safely and hoping your power does come back on soon!! I couldn't imagine going for so long without it! I think I would have melted down by the second or third day, if not sooner!! But still good to hear that other than the power, things are okay.

Loved reading about Disneyland and the pumpkin carvings were fantastic! Also the Owl mugs are adorable!

You all are getting SO close to your trip! That's just so exciting!!

I know I've missed commenting on some things that I wanted to, but I'll reread a bit later to refresh my memory!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #197
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

oh no.. Bob knows the drill lol! Hes quite cool with it! I always wonder what husbands think though!

Praying for 11pm!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #198
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Hey Patricia!

My apologies for being away from your TR for so long. I’m here now though and am all caught up!

Great owl mugs your family gave you and love the goth toes Amazing pumpkin carvings, quite a lot of talent in your area – nice B&tB teapot.

Can you believe we’re under 30 days now??? I’m liking the ADRs, nice mix of B/L/D reses. I like that you’re trying some new places in there – always great to expand those dining horizons. Congrats on getting your luggage tags, it feels so much more real with them. Makes you want to pack a bag now doesn’t it?

So sorry to hear that your power got taken out. Your neighbors with the tree should have at least offered an extension cord to run over to your place. It is strange all of the electronic things that you take for granted. We were without power for a mere two days here a couple of winters ago (always happens when it’s cold doesn’t it?) and I remember what a pain it was. I was just thankful that we had a gas stove. I don’t blame you for the Donald Duck tantrum – hope it did some good

I’m glad you were able to keep to your trios with Lilo & Stitch Day 2 is looking good at DHS, maybe we’ll see you at Sci-Fi Dine-In! Day 3 looks good too with some great AK favorites. Hope you can fit in that adult libation and that it is warm enough for your pool time

I hope by now your power is on!!!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #199
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Whew, all caught up!

SO glad to hear that you all made it through the storm safely and hoping your power does come back on soon!! I couldn't imagine going for so long without it! I think I would have melted down by the second or third day, if not sooner!! But still good to hear that other than the power, things are okay.

Yes well we were pretty lucky although our power is still out... but now today is the promised day... we'll see...

Loved reading about Disneyland and the pumpkin carvings were fantastic! Also the Owl mugs are adorable!

You all are getting SO close to your trip! That's just so exciting!!

Yes that thought has been a great pick me up this past week...

I know I've missed commenting on some things that I wanted to, but I'll reread a bit later to refresh my memory!
I do that all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
oh no.. Bob knows the drill lol! Hes quite cool with it! I always wonder what husbands think though!

Ok next time we have a crazy Frankenstorm...if you have power... we will show up at your house like a roaming band of gypsies... possessions in tow... Bob will love us... Yes I wonder what they think too... I sometimes mention ideas/ suggestions I've gotten on Disboards... and he just usually goes with it...

Praying for 11pm!
Me too but I think God was on another phone call... but that's ok- He has some pretty important stuff to deal with ... we'll be fine another day...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #200
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Hey Patricia!

My apologies for being away from your TR for so long. I’m here now though and am all caught up!

That's quite ok... it isn't like you haven't had anything on your plate... I'm glad things are calming for you...

Great owl mugs your family gave you and love the goth toes Amazing pumpkin carvings, quite a lot of talent in your area – nice B&tB teapot.

Yes that teapot pumpkin was a sentimental favorite of mine... Belle is DD's favorite princess...

Can you believe we’re under 30 days now??? I’m liking the ADRs, nice mix of B/L/D reses. I like that you’re trying some new places in there – always great to expand those dining horizons. Congrats on getting your luggage tags, it feels so much more real with them. Makes you want to pack a bag now doesn’t it?

No I can't believe it but it's really exciting... Love love when the luggage tags come...

So sorry to hear that your power got taken out. Your neighbors with the tree should have at least offered an extension cord to run over to your place. It is strange all of the electronic things that you take for granted. We were without power for a mere two days here a couple of winters ago (always happens when it’s cold doesn’t it?) and I remember what a pain it was. I was just thankful that we had a gas stove. I don’t blame you for the Donald Duck tantrum – hope it did some good

Yes... I know it's not his fault that his tree fell on our power line... but after a week... I'm really working on feeling the love... Eric wants to get a gas stove for our family room now....

I’m glad you were able to keep to your trios with Lilo & Stitch Day 2 is looking good at DHS, maybe we’ll see you at Sci-Fi Dine-In! Day 3 looks good too with some great AK favorites. Hope you can fit in that adult libation and that it is warm enough for your pool time

Hey that's right... what time are your Sci Fi Ressies? Oh DS will swim unless its positively glacier... I'm not a really big drinker... a glass of wine or hard cider usually but right now I am feeling those cocktails...

I hope by now your power is on!!!
Well I'm not at home... and its Tuesday EST right now at 2:15... so if its on -I'll happily take it...
Old 11-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #202
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Well 11:00 pm Monday night has come and gone but according to PECO- PA Electric CO... as of this morning -8ish there were 600 homes still out in Montgomery County and 3000 employees out working...

So... that would seem to be in our favor...

I'm not going to freak, I'm working on staying calm and be thankful...

When this is done though and we have power... I want to make something to remember never to take a lot of those little everyday things for granted...

Yesterday, David's grade did one of the cutest things I've ever seen...( I took photos and will post later when I can...)

In honor of and because Presidential Elections are such good learning experiences, His class put on a "Presidential Wax Museum" for his school...

the kids were all assigned/selected a President and did research and created speeches...

they presented in the gym in costume, each at their own table with their own poster boards...

you walked up to their table... and pressed a "button" and the wax figures came to life and told you about themselves...

It was really awesome... I can't wait to post some photos...

David was Dwight David Eisenhower...

Hmmm... You'd think the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces and 34th President of the US would be able to get his mom some electricity...

23 Days Until Sunny Warm Disney World...
Old 11-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #204
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Well 11:00 pm Monday night has come and gone but according to PECO- PA Electric CO... as of this morning -8ish there were 600 homes still out in Montgomery County and 3000 employees out working...

So... that would seem to be in our favor...

I'm not going to freak, I'm working on staying calm and be thankful...

When this is done though and we have power... I want to make something to remember never to take a lot of those little everyday things for granted...

Yesterday, David's grade did one of the cutest things I've ever seen...( I took photos and will post later when I can...)

In honor of and because Presidential Elections are such good learning experiences, His class put on a "Presidential Wax Museum" for his school...

the kids were all assigned/selected a President and did research and created speeches...

they presented in the gym in costume, each at their own table with their own poster boards...

you walked up to their table... and pressed a "button" and the wax figures came to life and told you about themselves...

It was really awesome... I can't wait to post some photos...

David was Dwight David Eisenhower...

Hmmm... You'd think the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces and 34th President of the US would be able to get his mom some electricity...

23 Days Until Sunny Warm Disney World...
Kaylas school does this in 3rd grade, only it was any historical figure, she was Shirley Temple! It was really cute!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #205
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Well it has actually happened...

at 5:33 p.m.

We got our power back!!!

I have never been so happy to drive up to my house and see the lights on...

& go in and feel the heat starting to warm up the house...

It's magical... thanks to everyone who sent good wishes...

And I'm now going to post photos simply because I can...

I mentioned earlier about David's class doing a Presidential Wax Museum in honor of Election Day...

So:

Oops... those are mine...

David's 5th Grade Class Presidential Wax Museum...

HAPPY

ELECTION

DAY!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #206
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well it has actually happened...

at 5:33 p.m.

We got our power back!!!
Hurrah!!!! Glad to hear you are warm and safe!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #207
MEK
DIS Veteran

That is AWESOME - the power coming back on and David's costume and President display. I usually am not a big fan of 5th grad projects, because I remember there being one every month and they involved multiple trips to Michaels, but I have to say that that project looked really cool. What a great learning experience.

So, I am guessing you were one of the last 600 people in Montgomery County to get electricity. What are the odds?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #208
inkedupmomma

woot for power! but are you nervous about this snow storm at all??totally wigged out!! I just turned my heat way up, so if power does go out, I at least have a warm house for a bit!

Your son is so dang cute and so is his class! is that his whole grade??
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #209
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kaylas school does this in 3rd grade, only it was any historical figure, she was Shirley Temple! It was really cute!
Love it... I'll bet she was pretty dang cute... I used to love those old Shirley Temple movies when I was a kid... hmmm... I was a funky little kid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hurrah!!!! Glad to hear you are warm and safe!
Thank you! me too... we do have a Noreaster coming in that's supposed to drop 5 inches of snow... should be interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is AWESOME - the power coming back on and David's costume and President display. I usually am not a big fan of 5th grad projects, because I remember there being one every month and they involved multiple trips to Michaels, but I have to say that that project looked really cool. What a great learning experience.

Yes I have my frequent trips to Michaels but I really did like this one... It was really well done...I have to give the kids and their teachers big kudos...

So, I am guessing you were one of the last 600 people in Montgomery County to get electricity. What are the odds?
Yep... I'm not sure but I'm guessing we were pretty close to the end I can laugh now...It wouldn't be pretty this morning if we were still without power... the guys who came out were really nice though...I imagine they've had a pretty hard week too...

Quote:
woot for power! but are you nervous about this snow storm at all??totally wigged out!! I just turned my heat way up, so if power does go out, I at least have a warm house for a bit!

Your son is so dang cute and so is his class! is that his whole grade??
OMG... I know...seriously... I feel like we are being targeted... what the heck? Last time I looked... they were talking about 5 inches of snow...

Thanks I think he's pretty cute... and he's such a good guy...Yep that's his whole grade... It's a pretty small school...It's a really nice place K-6 ....
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #210
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay!! So glad your power is back on!!!

Aww...what a great idea to make a Presidential Wax Museum!! A very creative project and so much fun for the kids!!

Angies1274 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: