Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
sbeaulieu
Mouseketeer

You said you can't install your carseat by yourself? I know you said you would be renting a booster, but if you decide to rent a full 5-pt harness seat and you can't even install your own carseat then you could run into problems. I have the same car seat as you and it is pretty easy to move from car to car.

The one time we rented car seats it was an infant seat and a regular car seat for a 2yo. We got to the rental place after dark, the seats were new but we were not familiar with how to install them...plus the shoulder strap settings were totally incorrect for both seats (example...we had a 2 month old and the straps were set for an obviously bigger infant tallest) and we had to figure out how to redo the straps in the dark. The kids were a wreck and we were frustrated.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

We rented from Hertz. I was less than impressed with our car seat. It was kind of dirty and one of the cheaper seats. We use a Brittax at home and I could tell a big difference. I will probably bring my own seat in the future.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #18
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

We rented a booster in Disney at their car care center this spring. It was gross and banged up. It was just for a quick day trip but the gum stuck to the side grossed me out. We also have a britax at home. You can get a nice graco one for reasonable to take if you will be using the car a lot. I was shocked at how gross the one at Disney was.
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I have. I was traveling alone with my daughter (a few years ago) and we flew to an airport where you have to take a shuttle from baggage claim/terminal to the car rental counter and back. I knew I could not handle all of our things plus a car seat, so I added it to our rental. It was a very nice seat, taken out of the box when we got there actually.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

We requested car seat rental when we rented the car.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlby View Post
Will someone be sitting in the back with your child? Most 4 year olds aren't mature enough for a booster so I'd strongly recommend having someone back there with him or renting a 5-point harness. Though 40 lbs is the minimum weight, weight isn't the only point to consider. Many kids aren't ready for boosters due to maturity until closer to 6.

I've considered renting but the cost is crazy high. Also, I worry about the prior people mistreating them but not telling the rental company. For the cost of a rental, there could be a lighterweight 5-point harness option. I know the Scenerna (Which I totally spelled wrong) is highly recommended as a lighter seat for airplanes but my kids have huge torso's so we weren't able to go that route.
This. Unless you are sure he can sit in a booster 100% correctly for 100% of the time, I would use a 5 pt harness. My 8yr old still has to be reminded because she likes to lean this way and that. I'd only use a booster for my 4 yr old if it was an emergency He throws fits and tries to wiggle out of his harness. I shudder to think where he'd end up if there was only a seat belt to contain him

The problem with a backless booster is that the seat belt might not lay over his chest and shoulder correctly, which would be hazardous in there were to be an accident.

I've found that convenience and safety don't necessarily go together
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #22
Blurrysmom
Mouseketeer

There is no charge for a car seat/booster at Hertz is you rent through AAA. We have rented a few times with our son, who is now 4. Never had a problem.

All off-site: 1978, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1992, 1999, 2000,
2005-06 (New Year's Eve!)
Boardwalk Villas January 2010 (first trip with DS!)
Bonnet Creek June 2011
Bonnet Creek November 2012
Caribe Royale May 2013
Bonnet Creek May 2014 (first trip with DD!)
Blurrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: