DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #481
jmpellet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
How was the drive?
We were all set to leave Saturday morning and then made a game time decision to leave Friday night at 9:45 pm and drive straight through. No traffic and we arrived on the island at about 2:30pm next day. I had a priceline hotel in Fredericksburg, VA that we had paid for but it was well worth being in the area the night before. We were then able to check in at 11 am so it was great.

The ride was very long but it was interesting to see just how many cars hailed from MA, RI, CT, and Maine! On the way home we did decide to stop halfway (same hotel through priceline) but I think I would have gone straight through if I had to do it over again. Even though it was Sunday, there were far more cars on the road and the drive through CT during any day of the week is not fun!
Clearwater Beach - 4/2009 (Busch Gardens)
Caribe Cove - 2/2009 (Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
The Fountains - 12/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Vista Cay - 10/2008 (Universal/Seaworld)
Horizons/Vistana Villages/Nick - 7/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Pop Century - 1/2008 (1/2 Marathon for me Goofy for Hubby)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 8/2007
All Star Music - 1/2007 (hubby ran Goofy)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 10/06
Off site - 10/2005
Pop Century - 1/2005 (hubby ran marathon)
Off site - 10/2000
Caribe Royale - 3/1999
Disneyland (Marriott) - 1996
Caribbean Beach - 6/1992
Off site - 4/82
jmpellet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #482
staceyeid
Mouseketeer

We arrived yesterday. Sitting by the Beach House pool enjoying the sun. Absolutely beautiful, first time at the resort and I understand why so many love it here. Already met Mike the pool guy and need to get his recommendations for a trip to Savannah later in the week.

We're in building 24 and the location and view are amazing. Right next to pool and playground and a lovely marsh view. Our original room was in building 29 but we asked to move to marsh view (our request never made it through to their system). Totally worth it!

View from our room:

Last edited by staceyeid; 04-26-2013 at 02:38 PM.
staceyeid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #483
Tinkercc
Mouseketeer

Mike is great!! Have a great time.
Tinkercc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #484
staceyeid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkercc View Post
Mike is great!! Have a great time.
Thank you!!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #485
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
The resort mugs are unfortunately the same ones as WDW. You can refill them at the resort and the beach house. Beach house counter service closed at 4pm every day when we were there last week and so you could not get to the soda after that. Don't know if it will be open later in June.
THanks for the heads up on the same refillable mugs. Guess we won't be buying any at HHI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpellet View Post
There is just one frying pan in the room and three tupperware-like containers. I could have used more of each to avoid washing so much. We were in Building 23 and for us that was the perfect pool side location. We could let our kids go to the pool (they are 12,11,9) and we could watch them from the deck. We also gave them the freedom to ride the bikes throughout the resort which they enjoyed a lot.

We went to the low country boil and it was great. You can't access the refillable drink station at Signals but they provided lemonade and iced tea. The food was very good and plentiful. B'Lou provided the entertainment.

We went on the dolphin tour with Scott and it was a great way to see the island from a different vantage point.

My kids had great fun at the campfire, Goofy Bingo, and at other events. The cast members here do a great job! We went to both the beach tour and the Pinckey Island tour and TJ is phenomenal.
What other pots and pans were in the room? How about a colander, can opener, etc...? Trying to figure out if we need to pack any of those things to take down.

I may have to consider the country boil. I hadn't heard many good things aboutit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
We arrived yesterday. Sitting by the Beach House pool enjoying the sun. Absolutely beautiful, first time at the resort and I understand why so many love it here. Already met Mike the pool guy and need to get his recommendations for a trip to Savannah later in the week.

We're in building 24 and the location and view are amazing. Right next to pool and playground and a lovely marsh view. Our original room was in building 29 but we asked to move to marsh view (our request never made it through to their system). Totally worth it!

View from our room:
Sounds like I should call Member services and request buildings 23 or 24. Would those be the best locations to ask for with kids?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #486
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Can you get coffee with the refillable mugs?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #487
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

Only when counter service is open.

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #488
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Great. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #489
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post

Sounds like I should call Member services and request buildings 23 or 24. Would those be the best locations to ask for with kids?
We simply requested "near the pool" since the pool, community hall, mercantile and recreation desk are all in the same area.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #490
CarlaT
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the fireworks (Tues Nights?) begin after memorial day or the beginning of June?
Our family checks in on Memorial Day and was wondering. We have always stayed in June and the firework show it great!
CarlaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #491
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
We simply requested "near the pool" since the pool, community hall, mercantile and recreation desk are all in the same area.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to call Member services and add that request. Was it loud being that close to the pool?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #492
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
We are making a change to our travel/driving dates. Instead of taking 3 days to drive to HHI, we are going to take 2 days. Would Hardeeville be a great place to stop if we want to drive all day Saturday and then wake up do grocery shopping and then head to HHI to hit the beach before our room is ready?

Did you travel with kids?

Are the pool towels adequate or should we bring our own? I don't want them to small and thin.

We are so excited that in two months we will be driving to HHI for our first trip there. I want to call MS and request a dedicated 2BR.
We have never stayed in Hardeeville, but that is REAL close to the resort. Your logic to do the shopping and get to the resort early makes great sense to me. You never know when you might get a room early. And they can accommodate your groceries (especially when you get there early).

The towels are thick and bigger than bath towels, but not as big as beach towels. For use at the pool they are great. If you want something large to lay on at the beach... bring beach towels. Have a great time.

Just curious why you would prefer a dedicated over a lock-off?

DisDaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #493
tigers27
Earning My Ears

One month to Hilton Head!!!! Woo Hoo! It can't come soon enough. Just booked our stay in the World the week after Thanksgiving at BLT & AKV so I'm pretty much on a Disney / DVC high right now. Thanks for listening.

DVC Member 12/2011

tigers27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #494
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDaydreamer View Post
We have never stayed in Hardeeville, but that is REAL close to the resort. Your logic to do the shopping and get to the resort early makes great sense to me. You never know when you might get a room early. And they can accommodate your groceries (especially when you get there early).

The towels are thick and bigger than bath towels, but not as big as beach towels. For use at the pool they are great. If you want something large to lay on at the beach... bring beach towels. Have a great time.

Just curious why you would prefer a dedicated over a lock-off?
Thank you for all the encouraging words. Sounds like we are on the right path. I still have to call MS and ask for a building close to the pool. Anything else I should be thinking about?

I thought dedicated 2br has two queen beds in the second bedroom and the lock0off was a one bedroom and a studio, so the second br would only have one queen bed and a pull out. Is this right or do I have it reverse?

Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #495
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Thank you for all the encouraging words. Sounds like we are on the right path. I still have to call MS and ask for a building close to the pool. Anything else I should be thinking about?

I thought dedicated 2br has two queen beds in the second bedroom and the lock0off was a one bedroom and a studio, so the second br would only have one queen bed and a pull out. Is this right or do I have it reverse?
I am not sure. I Have to let the more knowledgeable answer that. I wasn't even thinking about bedding differences. At VBR the Lock-offs have better views than the dedicated. I was asking purely for the knowledge.

DisDaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: