DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Yeah...um...I'm not seeing any problem here

- advice from Dis Dad #618
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
tkd27
Earning My Ears

HaHa, yes, a Disney themed Wife Swap is in order here. My DW and I went for our first trip to Disney last year, and I've been obsessed ever since. She hated the whole trip, but I think the fact that she was four months pregnant played a part in her lack of appreciation

Since then I've been trying to convince her that DVC is the way to go for our family. She's agreed to return next year so she can see if she'll like it more, now that I can carry the baby for a change Maybe that'll be the turning point
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Yes it is an addiction and a very good one too . We just returned last night, we stayed at BLT and loved it, and while we were there I jokingly said that we need to buy more points (we have 100 pts in SSR and 100 pts in BLT) and DH said with a straight face that he has been thinking about it and his goal is by the time we retire, he wants about 800 points so we (as in the 2 of us) can come down during the winter months (we live in a suburb of Chicago). This is coming from a guy that didn't want to even think about DVC and dealing with the whole points thing until we went on the tour .
Sounds like a good plan
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkd27 View Post

Since then I've been trying to convince her that DVC is the way to go for our family. She's agreed to return next year so she can see if she'll like it more, now that I can carry the baby for a change Maybe that'll be the turning point
perhaps include a stop at SSR for a trip to the spa as well. It may help to sweeten the idea!
DISNEYFOURME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
tkd27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOURME

perhaps include a stop at SSR for a trip to the spa as well. It may help to sweeten the idea!
It'll be a surprise, but a Spa Day is in the cards for the next trip. We're probably going to stay at Beach Club. Is there something special about heading to SSR for the spa stuff, versus just doing the one in our resort (other than the theming there, I guess)?
Old 09-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
We are empty-nesters and we go to WDW twice a year on average. The thing is, it's never been just DW and me, we always have taken one or both adult DDs along(which is great). We now have infant grandchildren in the mix, so they will be joining us in a few years.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but do people with a large number of points find that they can book a resort and stay for several weeks without relocating? Seems like that could get tricky.
I spent 30 DVC nights from December 29 on, and didn't want to stay in the same place. DH still works and so he wasn't with me. I had different friends with me and put together a great BWV, AKV (Kidani as well as Jambo) VB and BLT stay. I had studios, and 1 and 2 bedrooms during this time. It was great!

I shortened the number of nights this year coming up, but again we start on December 29. I love the NYE fireworks. Also, I booked the Member Cruise with DSis and DCuz. DH doesn't retire until April.

In 2014, January, we will be together, DH and I. I don't anticipate any problems getting what we want. Around Marathon weekend, I will be booking at 11 months because our family did pledge that we would be doing something together that year, it's an every other year thing for us. (Most likely VWL) We don't own at OKW, but DH has said that he would like to spend at least 2 weeks in a 1 bedroom there in January, non marathon time. We'll see.

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
dahwolf
AllDisneyeveryday

tkd27, what part of CT are you from? Nice to see another CT member with a deep passion for it as me. My DW loves it too, but she will tell you that I am obsessed.....
Old 09-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It'll be a surprise, but a Spa Day is in the cards for the next trip. We're probably going to stay at Beach Club. Is there something special about heading to SSR for the spa stuff, versus just doing the one in our resort (other than the theming there, I guess)?
Oh gosh I don't know. i haven't tried any of the spas nor have we stayed at Beach Club yet.. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #24
tkd27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahwolf
tkd27, what part of CT are you from? Nice to see another CT member with a deep passion for it as me. My DW loves it too, but she will tell you that I am obsessed.....
I'm from Meriden. You?

I'm not sure if I can rightly call myself obsessed yet... we only went once (last year), but it was a trip we'd dreamt of for ages. I loved it and would be happy if we never vacation anywhere else ever again (but I'd still include Universal and the other Orlando stuff in our trips).

That said, since my wife said we could go back next year (some family in the military are coming bak stateside and want to do a family trip there) I've become pretty obsessed, checking this forum multiple times a day and reading everything I could elsewhere :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOURME

Oh gosh I don't know. i haven't tried any of the spas nor have we stayed at Beach Club yet.. Good luck!
If I find out I'll let you know, lol. We stayed at the All Stars last time and, financially, we're more the "budget" type of family. But this trip we'll be sharing a hotel and using our family members military discount, so we've decided to go for something nicer
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

can remember the days when I would buy - but since being retired can't anymore.

still basically happy - will have to wait until my Dniece and dnephew (no abbr) will buy some DVC - then can go on my mind all the time!

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
dahwolf
AllDisneyeveryday

We are from Killingly, CT, up in the Northeast Corner of CT.

We became members in 2009 and we are going down twice a year, and sometimes 3!

We have 3 contracts now and 3 Owner Lockers in that time frame, so we dove right in! LOL....
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

Isn't that a nice obsession to have?
Before I got married, DH had only been to Disney once. He married a DVC member, so our vacations are mostly to Disney.
Now he's the one talking about purchasing GF points...

I think we have hubbies who are definitely keepers...
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #28
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If I find out I'll let you know, lol. We stayed at the All Stars last time and, financially, we're more the "budget" type of family. But this trip we'll be sharing a hotel and using our family members military discount, so we've decided to go for something nicer
Thanks! We too only did the value Disney resorts before DVC. Then the first couple trips we only stayed in studios. But these boards are right and once you stay in a 1 bdrm you never want to go back! Since then we did stay at All Star for one night before a trip to Vero and then realized how spoiled we were!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseca View Post
Isn't that a nice obsession to have?

I think we have hubbies who are definitely keepers...
I have to agree! Oh and good luck with those GF points! I think that will be my all time fav resort!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #29
DCLaholic-mom
Mouseketeer

I have an idea!! Instead of swapping husbands - just send them here to me so they can explain to me how everything works. I am new to DVC and have 150 points at SSR. My year starts in February I guess.

And as for the sweet young lady who is 4 months pregnant - GET HER TO THE SPA - spa here, spa there, any spa any where. Once a year, twice a year. She deserves it!!

DCLaholic-mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #30
Idreamodisney247
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredisneyplease View Post
Lucky!!!! My DH is the exact opposite. Time for the spouse swap TV show to come back on!!
AMEN!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: