DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

My dh is obssessed

Let me begin by saying I love our DVC! I loved our first purchase of AKV and wished we had done it sooner. I also was excited to add on with OKW points a few years later. I love that my kids will have these points and already they tell each other who will get which resort when their father and I no longer go. However, dh has just made an offer thru resale (first time) and they accepted! Dont get me wrong I loved our stay at SSR but I really think he has an addiction! Lol! We just came back from BLT and that has become my favorite resort (right next to GCV). I understand his logic of cheaper points and all, plus we have yet to have a problem getting our choice of resorts when booking our trips (knock on wood). I just know that this purchase is not the end..now the girls will have an uneven amount of points to divide so he will again buy more! I have loved each of our stays and look forward to many more. i just think dh may need to attend some type of counseling!
DISNEYFOURME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

I would love to have a DH with that obsession. I finally convinced mine after 10 trips without him that he needs to go with us.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy View Post
I would love to have a DH with that obsession. I finally convinced mine after 10 trips without him that he needs to go with us.
Lol..oh my!!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Lol! Sounds like us.....we now have 3 contracts and are already talking about more and we just got the 3rd one last month! It is an addiction but I good one!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Wish my DH was obsessed enough to get one more contract at the BC but he's being very practical.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
joelp
DIS Veteran

So - what's the problem ... ?

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I like the way your DH thinks Disneyfourme. I'm the more "obsessed" one in our house, but DW has really come around over the the years. In fact, she's the one in charge of keeping track of points and has made the executive decision to add-on 3 times now.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
I like the way your DH thinks Disneyfourme. I'm the more "obsessed" one in our house, but DW has really come around over the the years. In fact, she's the one in charge of keeping track of points and has made the executive decision to add-on 3 times now.
Well his obsession requires some complex charting and adding since all three have different use years. For some reason he has a grip on it all but it gives me a headache trying to figure it all out. Now that these last points are from resale they cant be used for cruises, etc so that adds even more confusion...i I guess there are worse addictions!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
moredisneyplease
Working towards more DVC!

Lucky!!!! My DH is the exact opposite. Time for the spouse swap TV show to come back on!!

I've been booed
moredisneyplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredisneyplease View Post
Time for the spouse swap TV show to come back on!!
ROFL!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Yes it is an addiction and a very good one too . We just returned last night, we stayed at BLT and loved it, and while we were there I jokingly said that we need to buy more points (we have 100 pts in SSR and 100 pts in BLT) and DH said with a straight face that he has been thinking about it and his goal is by the time we retire, he wants about 800 points so we (as in the 2 of us) can come down during the winter months (we live in a suburb of Chicago). This is coming from a guy that didn't want to even think about DVC and dealing with the whole points thing until we went on the tour .

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
DISNEYFOURME
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Yes it is an addiction and a very good one too . We just returned last night, we stayed at BLT and loved it, and while we were there I jokingly said that we need to buy more points (we have 100 pts in SSR and 100 pts in BLT) and DH said with a straight face that he has been thinking about it and his goal is by the time we retire, he wants about 800 points so we (as in the 2 of us) can come down during the winter months (we live in a suburb of Chicago). This is coming from a guy that didn't want to even think about DVC and dealing with the whole points thing until we went on the tour .
Ahh we are almost neighbors .. We are on the border ol Illinois in NW Indiana.. My DH is wanting in the 800 area as well..perhaps we will see you in retirement! Lol!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
Micca

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
My goodness, from zero to 800 by retirement You musta slipped something in his Dole Whip
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
My goodness, from zero to 800 by retirement You musta slipped something in his Dole Whip
Ah, yes. Our plan is 1,000 points for retirement. It took me from when Disney first started selling DVC (1993) until 2002 when BCV was offered to convince DH to buy in. Since that first purchase, he's the first one to say "we need more points".

His big fear before buying was that when the kids were grown that we wouldn't want to go anymore. Big Surprise (to dh), we actually started going more.

Love it!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
Micca

We are empty-nesters and we go to WDW twice a year on average. The thing is, it's never been just DW and me, we always have taken one or both adult DDs along(which is great). We now have infant grandchildren in the mix, so they will be joining us in a few years.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but do people with a large number of points find that they can book a resort and stay for several weeks without relocating? Seems like that could get tricky.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: