Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #76
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I've never seen (or heard of!) that watch before. Is it supposed to be.. something? It just seems really random!

Desserts + fireworks + no crowds is possibly the best way to watch Wishes. AND you can see the Electric Water Pageant after! I've only seen parts of it from the monorail; it's not very big and impressive but I'm glad they still run it. It's so adorable.

Those glowing TV tiles are neat! When we were staying at the Disneyland Hotel, I left the LED fireworks on the headboard on all night. I love those extra Disney touches.
Yeah, I don't know who decided to put a Mickey wrist watch in the Contemporary landscaping, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be! Awww, I bet the fireworks lights at Disneyland were amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
What a great room! Lots of "cool" stuff.

Those desserts looked yummy - I bet the cookies were soft and chewy. At least they are in my head.

We'll be at WDW in less than 3 weeks! I am hoping to take a page out of your book and just go with the flow and have a great time!!

It was really cool that you sang with EWP and made the life guards' night!
Your imagination got it exactly right - the cookies are so soft and chewy and yummy! How exciting -- you're so close!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Wilderness Lodge for birds. BAHAHAH.

Following the monorail tracks is the best.

Those desserts look delicious! Although I think I'd agree- MORE CHOCOLATE!

I totally agree, the Contemporary is so magical! It practically IS the Magic Kingdom. I don't care what anyone says.
Following the monorail IS the best -- you can always count on them to lead such magical places.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #77
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2BnB View Post
OH. MY. Word!!!!! Those desserts. Yummy! I had to go get a bowl of ice cream after looking at those pics. I do agree.....there could have been more chocolate, but dessert is dessert. :D

How wonderful to not have to fight the crowds to see Wishes and the Water pageant. Wow! What amazing views. You lucky, lucky girl!
LOL - I know, I always try to write my updates before lunch, because otherwise I'm just starving. And it was definitely nice to escape the crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
The strawberry shortcake was my favorite, too!

You know I love balcony dance parties! Woohoo!!!!
My mom and I were totally thinking of you when we saw the strawberry shortcake shooters! And balcony dance parties are the best, you know it girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Joining in. Luvin all the updates and you're posting pics of you
Glad to see you on the new TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #78
Mom2m&k
Mouseketeer

Love your trip reports (and your blog!) Can't wait to read more and see your wonderful pictures!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #79
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Bay Lake and Epic Toasters

**Many apologies for being a day late with my Monday update...but to make it up to you all I've got a double post update! Enjoy!**

I like waking up early.

Theoretically.

Once I’m awake, I love that I get a few extra hours out of the day. But the actual waking up part is not as fun. I need a reason to wake up early.

A balcony at the Contemporary is definitely a reason strong enough to get me out of cozy bed!

Looking down on the quiet pool area. That is, the pool area which was quiet at the moment, rather than the quiet pool area.

I love how gentle and quiet the morning can be. It feels like you have the whole world to yourself!

You could see the Wilderness Lodge – and beyond some of the Epcot resorts, the Swan and Dolphin.

Also if you strained your eyes you could see the Epcot ball! Aramis had watched Illuminations from our balcony the previous evening.

The beautiful Bay Lake tower you didn’t have to strain your eyes to see at all!

The garden area is so lovely (and yet contemporary!) too – those giant stripes and wavy path look so much more interesting from above than they do from the ground! I love the way the path echoes the wavy bridge.

This must be a prime Bay Lake fishing spot! Looks like some fishermen were up early to get a jump start on the morning too!

I loved watching Bay Lake wake up from my balcony. Such a perfect way to start the day. After a bit I decided it was time for some breakfast

Another great Contemporary view – the monorail swooshing in with Space Mountain rising in the background.

I really hope you all aren’t tired of photos of the Atrium Lounge food yet, because I kinda have a bunch more of them…

Breakfast can be so beautiful.

We have (from left to right, top to bottom): muffins (with some kind of fruit in them), cinnamon buns, bagels, strawberry danish, CROISSANTS (make sure to say it with a French accent CWAH-sants! Only the French pronunciation conveys how deliciously flaky, light, and soft they are), also white bread and healthy bread, a plate of fresh fruit, a cereal selection, and THE MOST BOSS TOASTER EVER KNOWN TO MAN.

Let’s just talk about this toaster for a moment.

So it looks pretty sleek from the outside, but you don’t really experience its coolness until you put it to use. You put your slice of bread in and select your level of burnt-ness, then press the button to toast.

The toaster gives a little futuristic beep and makes a whirring sound, then the bread lowers automagically, slowly into the toaster. Then, when it’s done, you press the button to bring it up, and it makes the whirring sound again and slowly raises up the perfectly crisp toast. It was like some epic scene from a movie.

And I bet you never knew making toast could be so exciting.

Here’s the oatmeal. I liked the very modern serving dish for the oatmeal toppings!

More cold beverages were available across the way.

Cranberry, Orange, Milk, Water…

I love that they had lemon slices out – such a little thing but such a nice addition! Because they had lemons out, I felt compelled to put lemons in my every beverage - water, coca cola, cranberry juice. They were really refreshing!

Anyone care for some coffee??

They had decaf and regular coffee, plus syrups to add. Then there was the espresso machine with those new little discs that you put in (like a keurig). And the espresso machine also could dispense hot water for tea and steamed milk for cappuccinos or…

CHOCOCCINOS!!

chococcino (chaw-kuh-chee-noh) n.
Definition: 1. An epic hot chocolate concoction made by mixing hot cocoa mix with steamed milk.
Origin: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilamanjaro Club.
Note: Most delicious when consumed at a Disney Concierge Lounge.

I’m a big chococcino fan.

My plate! Lovely CWAH-sant, toast, strawberries and pineapple.

ctd...next post...

Last edited by AGPrincess; 09-25-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #80
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Contemporary Art

It was a lovely breakfast, made all the lovelier by the Magic Kingdom view out the window! Surprisingly I didn’t take any photos, but it was nice to just enjoy.

Dart and I stood on the balcony for a little while, watching the MK wake up – Astro Orbiters in Tomorrowland wasn’t spinning yet, and the crowds were just starting to trickle in wait at the turnstiles.

Dart is so funny and cute. He was saying the trip didn’t feel like it had begun until we had been to the Polynesian, and he observed that all the trees below us would be palm trees if we were at the Polynesian.

I love that kid.

After breakfast we finished packing up and got ready to check out and head to the Magic Kingdom! I realized that I hadn’t taken very many room photos the day before and so took a few more, just to be safe….

Here’s the view when you first enter the room…

…and here’s that same entry hallway from the other side…

Here are the concierge robes in the closet!

Little counter area in the hallway, in between the closets – with coffee maker and obligatory contemporary art.

TV and cool aforementioned glowing lights.

Love the funky vases on the shelf above. In case you were wondering, they are glued down.

More funky lamps and paintings…

The daybed and curtains. When the Contemporary first got its new look, I didn’t like all the brown and muted colors, but now I’ve mostly gotten used to it. I do like how the villa rooms are more colorful though.

Oooohh…those look colorful and funky, but they weren't part of the décor. These were my wedges!

They looked like an ocean wave…or mermaid fins!

I donned my highly impractical shoes (I had a pair of flip flops in my purse to switch into!!) and we headed out to the elevator with our bags.

Athos had been inspired by all the contemporary art and was posing as an art critic hipster on the way to the elevator. He gave all the paintings in the hallway names…

This one was “Orange Juice.” I didn't even ask why.

This one was “Shades of Grey” which at least made slightly more sense.

We stashed the suitcases in the car then headed for the MK.

Up next: meeting Merida, a new way to find your fate, and some Fantasyland classics!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #81
MEK
DIS Veteran

I remember when I stayed at BLT. I couldn't WAIT to get up in the morning and go sit on the balcony with my coffee. It really is fun watching the world slowly wake up.

Breakfast looks yummy and thanks for more room pictures.

Oh - and those shoes - I know I said this already, but I just LOVE them! Super cute!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #82
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

aahhhh.... I love all things Contemporary!!!! Good pictures...love the wedges, but that wouldn't work for me very long at the MK!!!!! You are a lot more 'brave' than I am

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #83
Mom2m&k
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Love the funky vases on the shelf above. In case you were wondering, they are glued down.

:
I was totally wondering that when I saw them! Great update...I so want to go and stay CL...hmm maybe next time at AKL!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #84
jecskc
DIS Veteran

HELLO !!! To my fellow Jane Austen fanatic and now my fellow Downton Abbey fanatic !!! I cannot wait for season three !! I have seasons one and two on DVD and since I just had ankle surgery, I need to fire up the DVR and re-watch, I think !! There isn't much else on during the day, so I might as well ....
Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #85
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I am new to your TRs but I am going to join along. Sounds fun!

I would love to stay at the CR one day, it looks beautiful and the view.....wow
Old 09-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #86
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2m&k View Post
Love your trip reports (and your blog!) Can't wait to read more and see your wonderful pictures!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I remember when I stayed at BLT. I couldn't WAIT to get up in the morning and go sit on the balcony with my coffee. It really is fun watching the world slowly wake up.

Breakfast looks yummy and thanks for more room pictures.

Oh - and those shoes - I know I said this already, but I just LOVE them! Super cute!
Disney balconies are the best...especially Contemporary balconies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
aahhhh.... I love all things Contemporary!!!! Good pictures...love the wedges, but that wouldn't work for me very long at the MK!!!!! You are a lot more 'brave' than I am
Haha, I know - but I was so excited when I found them right before our trip that I was determined to wear them! They actually weren't *that* uncomfortable...but after a few hours I was glad to switch into the flip flops!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #87
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2m&k View Post
I was totally wondering that when I saw them! Great update...I so want to go and stay CL...hmm maybe next time at AKL!
lol, I'm glad to find someone else was wondering the same thing, because I was! The Kilamanjaro Club is one of the coolest...I love how you can look out over the lobby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
HELLO !!! To my fellow Jane Austen fanatic and now my fellow Downton Abbey fanatic !!! I cannot wait for season three !! I have seasons one and two on DVD and since I just had ankle surgery, I need to fire up the DVR and re-watch, I think !! There isn't much else on during the day, so I might as well ....
So glad to hear from another Jane Austen AND Downton fan! I've just been watching old Downton Abbey videos on youtube...SO can't wait for the new series! Hope your ankle is getting better - but hey, that is a great excuse to watch some Downton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am new to your TRs but I am going to join along. Sounds fun!

I would love to stay at the CR one day, it looks beautiful and the view.....wow
Thanks for posting! The Contemporary is such a fun place to stay.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #88
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Well, its official. I have to stay Club Level to get access to that lounge now. I bet if I eat ramen noodles for the next 5 years . . . .

Ahhh, maybe someday!

Bring on the Pirates League! I can't wait to hear about it. I just returned and we wanted to take my DS2 there (He turns 3 in about a week) but they have a 3 year old age minimum. I think we will have no choice but to do it next time!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #89
jecskc
DIS Veteran

We are staying at Bay Lake Tower for Spring Break, so we are looking forward to that. Seeing your photos gets me really excited for that trip.

And another thing I want to say. I have read several of your TR's and you never show the faces of yourself or your family. I understand this, and I love the way you still have fantastic photos without revealing your identity. BUT .... it sure is nice to see your pretty face for once. I think it does help us feel closer to you to put a face on the story teller. It is nice to know what you actually look like instead of imagining. So thanks !!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #90
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Well, its official. I have to stay Club Level to get access to that lounge now. I bet if I eat ramen noodles for the next 5 years . . . .

Ahhh, maybe someday!

Bring on the Pirates League! I can't wait to hear about it. I just returned and we wanted to take my DS2 there (He turns 3 in about a week) but they have a 3 year old age minimum. I think we will have no choice but to do it next time!
Awww, I bet he'd love it, and he'll definitely enjoy it being older. It was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We are staying at Bay Lake Tower for Spring Break, so we are looking forward to that. Seeing your photos gets me really excited for that trip.

And another thing I want to say. I have read several of your TR's and you never show the faces of yourself or your family. I understand this, and I love the way you still have fantastic photos without revealing your identity. BUT .... it sure is nice to see your pretty face for once. I think it does help us feel closer to you to put a face on the story teller. It is nice to know what you actually look like instead of imagining. So thanks !!
Woot Woot for a BLT trip! And that is so sweet of you to say! It is fun to be posting some face pics...there are so many more photos I can use now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: