Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #451
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Dinner, Hammock, Dessert (part I)

The torches were lit, and we headed back to the King Kamehameha Club. It was DINNER TIME! Let' have a look at the offerings, shall we?

Here we have a dish of BBQ Pork Satay and Vegetable Spring Rolls. Yum yum.

Some beautiful fresh veggies. And look just down the buffet - see the big beautiful bowl of pineapple? DELISH!

The displays of cheese and fruit at the King Kamehameha were things of great beauty. They looked like works of art. I wanted to sit in front of one of them and paint a still life. Seriously.

The very names of the cheese sound like poetry: "Purple Haze Goat Cheese." I want to say the one in the first photo was some kind of pepperjack, but in my diary I wrote "the derbyshire was yummy" so I'm guessing it must have been the derbyshire. It's Mr. Darcy's cheese. And this next one is "Tillamock Cheddar."

Cheddar with a name like tillamock just sounds like adventure.

Here is some Edamame Salad. Very nice.

Now I know that my fam is pretty redneck in the way we stay club - we pretty much JUST eat club food the entire day. I know there are people who don't like to do that, and at lunch I can understand.

Some people don't mind having just chocolate chip cookies and chips for lunch on their vacation. Others do. That's fine.

But I don't really see how you can complain about THAT selection as dinner. Far from being unsatisfied, I usually find I'm full and can't even try everything I wanted to!

I also made myself a little fruit salad complete with caramel dip. So SO lovely.

There were mini corn dogs for the kids and the uncrustables pb&j sandwiches as well.

Dinner was entirely enjoyable. I'm pretty sure we snagged one of the tables right up by the window, so we were watching the castle and the boats and the people playing on the beach. Ahhhhhhh...just wonderful. And with the Polynesian music playing gently in the background! Heavenly.

When we went back to the room we found that turn down had been and had been having LOTS of fun with our various stuffed animals (and yes, I had an AG doll along too...):

Uh oh, looks like some sort of pillow battle is going down here - it's Team doll+Sonic vs. Team Pooh Bear!

Each side had their little fort as well as a bunny hanging off the edge of the bed. Maybe the bunnies were hiding from the pillow missles? Cheering their team on? Refereeing the pillow fight?

SO CUTE. I love Disney magic like this!

But I couldn't stay inside when I hadn't even been to my HAMMOCK yet!! There was an hour before desserts, so I headed out to the beach:

Ctd...next post...
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #452
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Dinner, Hammock, Dessert (part II)

Just look at that castle. Just look at it. Can't you feel the peace sort-of seeping into your soul??

OH HAPPY DAYS. I wrote in my journal: "The nice thing about the wind is that it will keep blowing through the palm trees until your mind is quiet enough to hear it." That's what I love most about the Polynesian hammocks. For some reason, that place always seems to quiet my mind so that any worries, however loud before, just fade away, and all that's left is the palm trees and blue sky above and blue water beyond and that wind blowing gently across the Seven Seas Lagoon.

The castle is in one direction and the longhouses in the other. It doesn't get much better than that.

Dart came out to play in the waves for a bit!

The line for the Magic Kingdom launch was a mile long. I was not sorry to be staying quietly in my hammock instead of rushing over to a park!

It's hard to see in the golden light, but they sent over one of the big boats for the next trip. Disney is so efficient!

Sunset Pointe looking pretty. The sunset - from the Point or from anywhere on the beach - was just gorgeous.

This is why I adore the Polynesian. I wish I could bottle this moment up and step back into it whenever I'm having a rough day...but then the nice thing is that the Polynesian is always there to go back to.

Eventually I headed back down to Hawaii for some dessert. We were highly pleased with the selection that evening, because there were not one but two CHOCOLATE treats!

One of them even had Mickey Mouse on it. You can't really beat that. The mini whoopie pies were very tasty, though I think I liked the chocolate mousse best:

Nom. Nom. Nom.

My plate. I think I tried a tiny bit of the alcoholic tropical punch. Mainly I just wanted to use one of those fancy little glasses. lol. I think that little cake was a spice cake

Of course there were cookies too as well as rice crispie treats.

And then there was the twilight sky descending gently over the beach and the lagoon and the castle. That might have been the sweetest and loveliest thing of all.

It was off to bed then for the Snobbish clan. The next day was our last full day at Disney, so we were going to pack it with as much magic as possible!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #453
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Every time you post about club level stuff, it makes me really want to stay club level. I cannot think like this. I need money for things.

BEAUTIFUL sunset pictures!!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #454
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Club level looks so devine! You have stayed at so many of them! I think that is the best way to do it if you are going to splurge for the extra $$- enjoy the day at the resort and the free treats!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #455
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #456
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

And that just there is why I love the Poly, so.much.pineapple. I am addicted to that fruit and its pure abundance at the Poly makes me so happy! I would have loaded up on that fruit tray! Yummmmy! The rest of the food looks amazing as well!

Oooh the hammock. I tried a hammock when I was at the Poly in Sept, no idea if it was your though

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #457
jdd
DIS Veteran

Not sure if I've ever posted on your trip reports in the past, but I know I've read some of them. I just had to comment today as I love, love, love the Polynesian Your pictures are gorgeous and I absolutely can't wait to be back there in August.

It's a dream come true for me to spend our whole week this year at the Poly, and club level too!! Ever since our first stay in 2010, my boys only want to stay at the Poly, and are completely spoiled by CL. We had a great trip last year staying in a villa at Kidani, but we definitely missed the whole atmosphere of the Poly - the smell, the music, the palm trees and of course that fantastic view from the lounge.

So, just wanted to say thanks for making a grey, dreary Pittsburgh day a little brighter
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR

August 2009 TR - FW Cabins
Old 04-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #458
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Every time you post about club level stuff, it makes me really want to stay club level. I cannot think like this. I need money for things.

lol - SORRY! We're so not fancy in every other way...we don't buy expensive things, and we use the things we have until they fall apart - but we are crazy for club! If you find a good rate and then redneck it (i.e. don't eat out all day), it's not as bad as you might think. Though we probably wouldn't stay so often if it weren't for the CM discount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Club level looks so devine! You have stayed at so many of them! I think that is the best way to do it if you are going to splurge for the extra $$- enjoy the day at the resort and the free treats!
We've been lucky...I think we've stayed at all of them at least once. We do get a ton of value out of our club stays though - we definitely enjoy every single second!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #459
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Ahh -- The Hammock! It isn't a real Snobbish report until we see pix of The Hammock!

Kathy
Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #460
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Wonderful pics!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
And that just there is why I love the Poly, so.much.pineapple. I am addicted to that fruit and its pure abundance at the Poly makes me so happy! I would have loaded up on that fruit tray! Yummmmy! The rest of the food looks amazing as well!

Oooh the hammock. I tried a hammock when I was at the Poly in Sept, no idea if it was your though
I remember from the Disney cruise, there was TONS of pineapple, just these big beautiful plates of it, at the restaurant on Castaway Cay. It made it feel so tropical and festive! Haha, I enjoy all the Poly hammocks, though my favorite is the one closest to Sunset Pointe.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #461
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Not sure if I've ever posted on your trip reports in the past, but I know I've read some of them. I just had to comment today as I love, love, love the Polynesian Your pictures are gorgeous and I absolutely can't wait to be back there in August.

It's a dream come true for me to spend our whole week this year at the Poly, and club level too!! Ever since our first stay in 2010, my boys only want to stay at the Poly, and are completely spoiled by CL. We had a great trip last year staying in a villa at Kidani, but we definitely missed the whole atmosphere of the Poly - the smell, the music, the palm trees and of course that fantastic view from the lounge.

So, just wanted to say thanks for making a grey, dreary Pittsburgh day a little brighter
Thanks for posting! The Polynesian club is so lovely - how exciting to have a whole week there. Awww, so glad you enjoyed the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Ahh -- The Hammock! It isn't a real Snobbish report until we see pix of The Hammock!

Kathy
Haha, at some point in the trip report there's got to be a hammock reference.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #462
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post

My sentiments exactly! I think its great that your family takes part in all the offerings. That is what they are there for - to be consumed. Everything looks relish.

And - oh my - that IS a gorgeous sunset!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #463
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

A CM discount at the Poly is what got my family hooked on staying club. It was a blessing and a curse!!!

While we love ANY stay in Disney, it's now become that we don't feel totally at "home" unless we are with our concierge.

We often do the redneck version too!! Hahahaha I couldn't stop laughing when I read that!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #464
jash08
Mouseketeer

These pictures make me ready to go back to Disney pronto! I love to look around all of the hotels. They all have wonderful aspects.

2013 Trip Report -- Don't Put Your Hand on Mickey's Hat

Old 05-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #465
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
My sentiments exactly! I think its great that your family takes part in all the offerings. That is what they are there for - to be consumed. Everything looks relish.

And - oh my - that IS a gorgeous sunset!
I'm afraid I'm a bad influence when it comes to club. We sure have a good time though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
A CM discount at the Poly is what got my family hooked on staying club. It was a blessing and a curse!!!

While we love ANY stay in Disney, it's now become that we don't feel totally at "home" unless we are with our concierge.

We often do the redneck version too!! Hahahaha I couldn't stop laughing when I read that!
Haha...it is SO good to hear that we are not the only ones. Sometimes you see other people staying club who go out to every meal and we don't even want to leave the lounge the whole time. LOL! And that is the best way to describe the CM discount!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
These pictures make me ready to go back to Disney pronto! I love to look around all of the hotels. They all have wonderful aspects.
lol, thanks! We love to wander around the hotels as well - we like them almost as much as the theme parks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: