Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #31
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey,, I hit the 50s mark today....59 and counting!!! We have most of the ADRs settled, but I will probably change one or two,..we are still on the fence with the California Grill! Kids don't want to do it at all,...but I just wonder if we would regret it.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #32
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing in, your hotel tour sounds like an awesome experience! I don't know if I could tear myself away from the resorts to actually go in the parks!
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #33
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hi Emma! When I saw Downton Disney in your title I had to join in. I only recently got into watching Modern Family so I thought that reference was pretty funny. Actually, it was the Disneyland episode that got me interested!

That is so awesome you worked at the Boardwalk! My dad and I stayed at the BWV in April...so maybe we saw you but didn't even know it. So jealous you got to stay at all the Seven Seas resorts. I know from your past reports how much you love the Polynesian-it's definitely one of my favorites too since my family stayed there several times when I was younger. And I'll finally be crossing the Contemporary off my list next April!

As others have said, I also love all your Vera!

Can't wait for more.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #34
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Hello! I am definitely in! I have read a few of your Disney trips before, but then fell off the Dis-Earth!

Aren't CM discounts the best?! I work at a local store, but I love them! So excited about all the places you stayed! I cannot wait to hear all about all of them!

You perfectly described how I feel about airports! I just love how everyone is on different journeys and there is such a buzz in the air! I always, ALWAYS wonder what people's stories are! So fun! I seriously hate driving people to the airport, not because it's a hassle, but because I can't stand being there and breathing in that atmosphere and not being able to be a part of it!

Oh man! I can't believe that ME bus! What a bummer. Poor guy.

I'm so excited for all your updates! I know they will be great!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #35
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hey,, I hit the 50s mark today....59 and counting!!! We have most of the ADRs settled, but I will probably change one or two,..we are still on the fence with the California Grill! Kids don't want to do it at all,...but I just wonder if we would regret it.
You're getting cloooser!! That's too bad the kids aren't excited for CG...I bet it would be a fun experience with the view and the food.

Also have to tell you that since talking about Caroline Abbot, AG ads have been showing up on the bottom of the page. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing in, your hotel tour sounds like an awesome experience! I don't know if I could tear myself away from the resorts to actually go in the parks!
WELCOME! You are SO completely right...when we were staying club we mostly chilled out at the resort all day long. We didn't want to miss a minute of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hi Emma! When I saw Downton Disney in your title I had to join in. I only recently got into watching Modern Family so I thought that reference was pretty funny. Actually, it was the Disneyland episode that got me interested!

That is so awesome you worked at the Boardwalk! My dad and I stayed at the BWV in April...so maybe we saw you but didn't even know it. So jealous you got to stay at all the Seven Seas resorts. I know from your past reports how much you love the Polynesian-it's definitely one of my favorites too since my family stayed there several times when I was younger. And I'll finally be crossing the Contemporary off my list next April!

As others have said, I also love all your Vera!

Can't wait for more.
I'm not a regular Modern Family watcher, but I loved that Disneyland episode too! I actually didn't watch it until after I had decided on a TR title...I googled Downton Disney and that episode popped up! LOL, maybe we did see each other...I would always wonder which of my guests might be DISers! New update is on its way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Hello! I am definitely in! I have read a few of your Disney trips before, but then fell off the Dis-Earth!

Aren't CM discounts the best?! I work at a local store, but I love them! So excited about all the places you stayed! I cannot wait to hear all about all of them!

You perfectly described how I feel about airports! I just love how everyone is on different journeys and there is such a buzz in the air! I always, ALWAYS wonder what people's stories are! So fun! I seriously hate driving people to the airport, not because it's a hassle, but because I can't stand being there and breathing in that atmosphere and not being able to be a part of it!

Oh man! I can't believe that ME bus! What a bummer. Poor guy.

I'm so excited for all your updates! I know they will be great!
Welcome and thanks for posting!! CM discounts are definitely the best. You are also SO right about going to an airport and not getting to go anywhere! I get jealous too when I'm just going somewhere ordinary and they start calling for flights to Norway or the Bahamas or exotic locations - they sound so exciting!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #36
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Eating Club

So all our travel hassles were now behind us, and we were ready to kick back and enjoy some dinner at in the Atrium Club lounge.

I was so excited not only to see the food but to see what the lounge looked like – we had never stayed club at the Contemporary before! It rarely shows up on the CM booking page, but this year it did for the first time, so Mom snatched it up. We only stayed there one night, but it was the perfect way to start the trip!

In this pic you can see the elevators where you arrive on the twelfth floor, and also the desks where you can check in and make dining reservations etc. etc. You wave hello to the cast members and walk straight past the desks into…

THE LOUNGE. As you can kinda tell from this picture, one wall of the lounge is taken up with windows/balconies, so you have this huge panorama of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom spread out before you!

When I said every travel hassle melted away when we arrived, I meant it. How could you have any worries with this view in front of you?? I was practially jumping up and down with excitement.

Be still my heart - how I love that castle!!

Here is another random lady enjoying the view (I approve of her purple skirt) and also you can see the children’s tv area in the foreground.

But I can hear you thinking: “Emma, you said there’d be FOOD.” Well it’s coming!

Every night from 5-7pm, the lounge has out a lovely selection of hot and cold appetizers, rolls, veggies, cheeses, and more. Some clubs have really inspired names for the different food services of the day, but I think at the Atrium Club it was just called “evening offerings.” They had…

Some crudite…carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, and squash (yum!)…

A lovely cheese platter with brie, cheddar, pepperjack, some other fancy kind-of cheese that I can't remember what it was called, and fruit…

Crackers and hummus…

Slices of bread and some swanky little containers of PB&J for the kids (or adults!)…

Some of the TASTIEST rolls I have ever had in all my existence. Seriously. You wouldn’t even think it from looking at them, but these rolls were SO soft and chewy and you just wished you could go on eating them forever.

Rock Shrimp with Hummus and Lavosh. One of the reasons I love staying club (and eating club) is that you get to try things you would never have ordered at a restaurant! The shrimp didn't blow me away, but it was good and then I'm not a big seafood eater - it didn’t taste like fish, and I have not yet learnt to ask for anything more from seafood, LOL!

The BEST dish of the evening was the Sugar Cane Skewered Chipotle Chicken. This was not at all too spicy - just delicious! Obviously most of the other guests agreed, because this was the best photo I could get of it, and the dish is half empty!

There were also plenty of drinks! Here is the epic coffee machine (complete with steamed milk for making chococcinos!!) and a lovely tea selection…

…and the cold drinks, in a pretty slick Contemporary fridge!

Quick side story: In the Boardwalk’s club lounge, the cans of pop (or soda) are set out in a big tub filled with ice which would melt and get messy, and lots of guests and CM’s commented that a fridge would be much nicer for the lounge. To see that the Contemporary Club not only had a fridge but a PERSONALIZED fridge just made me laugh. I think the Boardwalk should have a personalized fridge too, maybe painted with red and white stripes. Wouldn’t that be cute??

Yummmmmm….here was my dinner.

The food is the biggest attraction of staying club for my family. We don’t plan meals for those days – we just eat the food in the lounge. I know there are some guests who don’t think club food is adequate for a meal, and to each his own. But my family is very satisfied with the selection, and we always end up full, especially after breakfast and dinner. And it’s not like we’re hogging everything they put out – there is PLENTY of food in the club. It's nice to know that whatever they have that you like, there’s almost certainly more of it in the back.

I will add that during the afternoon the lounge just has out snacks, so we do sometimes go out for lunch. But when you consider that the cost of your club stay basically includes the cost of breakfast and dinner, it gives it a lot more value!

Athos making his selections…

So the Atrium lounge is divided into two spaces…there’s the cool blue bar with the food, which you can see in the background of this pic, and then there’s another little room with more tables and couches…

How cool is that white wall with the tv? The design of the club lounges is always superb. In that magical Disney way, it just transports you to another place. You feel like this is YOUR swanky, contemporary penthouse where you’re having dinner at your leisure.

It’s just so relaxing. No crowds, no heat, if you’re hungry there’s food right there, if you’re thirsty, there are cold drinks and hot drinks right there. You’re just cocooned in comfort. And the cast members at the Contemporary were so incredibly nice – my mom loves rice crispies and they were able to get her some even at dinner time!

After dinner, we had an hour to kill before the desserts would be out. What do to? Well the Magic Kingdom is only a five minute walk away!! We headed back to the room to get our stuff and head out…

Being up so high above the concourse is pretty cool! The sounds from below filter up softly, but it’s like you’re in another world!

Contemporary Chocolates!

There will be more photos of the room later, I promise. But I was too excited to take them then, I wanted to get over and see that castle!

Let’s go!!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 09-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #37
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

W.O.W.
That is one cool lounge!! That view would be worth it! The food looked really good - fresh and nice variety! Oh, someday I will stay CL! I get what you say about not everyone can make a meal out of it - but it's true, everyone eats differently and the value is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

loved the fruit and the cheeses!! YUMMMMMM!!!! I adore the Contemporary!!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #39
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
W.O.W.
That is one cool lounge!! That view would be worth it! The food looked really good - fresh and nice variety! Oh, someday I will stay CL! I get what you say about not everyone can make a meal out of it - but it's true, everyone eats differently and the value is in the eye of the beholder.
It was a gorgeous lounge - the view was probably the best part! You're so right...I know there are some people who just like to have a nibble of the appetizers and then go off to the restaurants. We like to save what we would have spent on meals and put it towards our club stay instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
loved the fruit and the cheeses!! YUMMMMMM!!!! I adore the Contemporary!!!!
Definitely delish!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well the lounge and the food selections sound amazing. I will make sure to check back to see your pictures.

How cool that you got to stay somewhere new that doesn't usually open up for CM bookings. That's awesome!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #41
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! I swear I had already commented on this update, but I never did! So sorry.

Let me just say, you know how to sell club level! I rarely hear about people doing it, but when I have, they were on the dining plan too. I always thought that it was pointless to do it because you're getting so much food already. However, this makes so much sense! All the food looks great too. Yum!! And the view... yeah... never ever EVER gets old.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #42
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well the lounge and the food selections sound amazing. I will make sure to check back to see your pictures.

How cool that you got to stay somewhere new that doesn't usually open up for CM bookings. That's awesome!
It was really exciting to see it online, and even more exciting when we got there in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my gosh! I swear I had already commented on this update, but I never did! So sorry.

Let me just say, you know how to sell club level! I rarely hear about people doing it, but when I have, they were on the dining plan too. I always thought that it was pointless to do it because you're getting so much food already. However, this makes so much sense! All the food looks great too. Yum!! And the view... yeah... never ever EVER gets old.
Haha, I should be a club spokesperson...my family does love it, it's just so relaxing, like a whole new world inside Disney! I know - I'm always surprised when people are on the dining plan (or deluxe dining plan ) and are staying club...or when club guests just don't bother to come to the lounge. That's what you're paying for!! Definitely short stays and building the expense of food into the stay is how we make club work for us.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #43
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

WELCOME! You are SO completely right...when we were staying club we mostly chilled out at the resort all day long. We didn't want to miss a minute of it!
Haha, that's so great! I think that's one of the best parts about being local to the parks; you know the parks inside and out and so you can take time to rest and really enjoy the resort instead of running around.

I don't think I could ever stay club level for a bit - there's too much left to explore in the parks (for us!) still, and I'd definitely not appreciate the extras enough. And that food looks soooo good! I'd hate to miss it!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #44
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Haha, that's so great! I think that's one of the best parts about being local to the parks; you know the parks inside and out and so you can take time to rest and really enjoy the resort instead of running around.

I don't think I could ever stay club level for a bit - there's too much left to explore in the parks (for us!) still, and I'd definitely not appreciate the extras enough. And that food looks soooo good! I'd hate to miss it!
I totally agree - the parks are all kinds of wonderful, and it's hard to tear yourself away - but it's nice sometimes to take a break and explore the resorts as well!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: