Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #361
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
What a great meal you had in Italy! Then a lovely tour of some of Epcot's best! I absolutely LOVE the voice of Liberty. Their singing of such patriotic songs always brings me to tears.
We don't always catch Voices of Liberty, but I'm so glad we did this trip - definitely a great Disney show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I share your love of the Voices of Liberty, The American Adventure, and Impressions of France. For one reason or another I think I have seen the later on each of my last 5 trips. Something so soothing in the narration.

I know there is a phone at the AA in the entrance way. My DH and I had anniversary pins on during one visit and the CM opened that box and told us we had a call. It was Mickey wishing us a happy anniversary. So unexpected.
Definitely soothing - the voice in Impressions de France is the best! Awww...what a great way to use that hidden phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Great Update! Can't wait to read what's next!
Thanks! Hoping to have an update posted later this afternoon.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #362
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

All caught up! You are making me cry that we won't be eating at Via Napoli on this trip....I loved it so!! Maybe it is really the memory of kids in the kids club, and Sangria to go with our meal that makes it so special!! And the pizza too....delish!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #363
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
I was told by a VOL CM that performers are drawn from a working pool of about two dozen under contract.

In terms of pay, in WDW, both the Voices of Liberty, as well as the Dapper Dans, are an AEA gig (Actors Equity Assoc.), which means that the job, while only a yearly contract, does pay a living wage. BTW, I have also heard (albeit secondhand) that Hoop Dee Doo Revue is also an Equity gig. Real pros, for sure.

The things you learn about Disney...
Wow! So cool to know, those performers are definitely great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I wish there was a little more to the Italy pavilion, too! It's beautiful but it's lacking in my opinion.

Good old Rocky Top, indeed!

I know you've told me this before, but I really need to see that French movie! It sounds perfect. Your trip will be so much fun!
YOU DO. I just adore the France movie. And it doesn't make me sick, the way some of the other circlevisions do...maybe because the screen only goes halfway aroudn the theater?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #364
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Just so you know, Via Napoli has firmly made it's way on to my ADR list to book in June. I can't wait to try this place! I showed my parents your pictures and then the menu and they fell in love, woo!!

Would you believe I've only seen the VoL once?! They sound amazing but I know very little of the songs haha.

Aaaah can't wait to see you in London (hopefully!) It's about time!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #365
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
All caught up! You are making me cry that we won't be eating at Via Napoli on this trip....I loved it so!! Maybe it is really the memory of kids in the kids club, and Sangria to go with our meal that makes it so special!! And the pizza too....delish!
It is SUCH a lovely place...sounds like you had a fantastic time there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
Just so you know, Via Napoli has firmly made it's way on to my ADR list to book in June. I can't wait to try this place! I showed my parents your pictures and then the menu and they fell in love, woo!!

Would you believe I've only seen the VoL once?! They sound amazing but I know very little of the songs haha.

Aaaah can't wait to see you in London (hopefully!) It's about time!
YAY! We've only seen the Voices a few times too - if you're not passing through America at the right time it's hard to catch them. But I'm glad we did!

And yes!! So excited to see you, we have to get that planned! I leave in less than two weeks now first for France, then England. Can't wait!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #366
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Animation Exploration

So I meant to update earlier this week, but then I was scheduled to do inventory at my bookstore, which meant working until 3AM. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be, but then I woke up the next morning with a nasty roto virus and spent the whole day being ill. Blech.

At least I got being sick out of the way before Europe, right?

ANYway, when I last left off I believe we Snobbishes were just returning from Epcot to Art of Animation.

I don’t think I shared any pics of the Ink and Paint Shop on here yet. I actually looked around there while Mom was checking in, but we stopped back again after Epcot to pick up a few things…

One of which was an adorable pen shaped like a paintbrush! SO. CUTE. The only complaint that I have is that the “Art of Animation” logo on the side of the pen was right where your hand rests against it when you’re holding the pen, so it rubbed off really quickly. Also, in spite of having a blue paintbrush tip, the pen itself wrote in black.

I picked out this Ariel shirt – it is so soft, and I love the purple. And of course the princess!

The shop, like the rest of the resort, was full to the brim with bright colors – I love how even the display cases lining the wall are shaped like giant jars of ink and paint! They also had a great pin board out in the afternoon, we enjoyed scoping out the selection!

Dart stopped to get a pressed penny. These were the choices:

Cute! He went with Lightening McQueen.

The Ink and Paint Shop leads right into Landscape of Flavors, the food court, but we weren’t quite hungry enough for dinner yet, so we went back to the room to relax for a bit first.

The blue of the buildings blends right in with the blue of the sky!

Looking over towards the Lion King section – it was just about to open when we were staying there. Sadly it was still partitioned off, so we didn’t get to walk around. We could see some of it from our room’s window, though, which was fun!

I see Rafiki and Pride Rock!

We strolled past these fishies to get back to our room!

I hope all those fish were keeping an eye out – I see some Mine Mine birds!

It would be fun to re-watch Finding Nemo and see if all/any of these fish appear in the movie!

I do think I recognize this Mama Guppie!

Crush and Dory, just hanging 10!

Advert in the elevator for the in-room pizza delivery. “Why venture out?” I feel sure Marlin would approve.

I should add that that ad is for the official in-room pizza delivery. If you ever find a flyer stuck under your resort door for a generic pizza place outside of Disney, do NOT trust it. Apparently unsavory characters will sneak into the resorts with these flyers representing bogus businesses, then when poor unsuspecting guests call, they’ll steal their credit card information – and, of course, never deliver any pizza. Crazy!

ANYway.

There were so many charming murals filling the hallways, each with a different scene from the movie. The ones in our building were mostly of turtles!

There was also one with a whale. Here Athos is swimming along with the whale. I wonder if he can speak whale?

The EAC seems to run across the walls…

…as well as on the floors! We basically couldn’t resist “swimming” every single time we went to and from the room. Well, at least I couldn’t.

We couldn’t stay in the room for long with so much to explore – Dart went out to play on the AWESOME coral playground.

Seriously. It was shaped exactly like a big giant pieces of coral that you could climb and run around. These are the times when you wish you were five again.

Some of the staircases were also capped by oversized, animated coral!

Athos and Dart and I strolled across Generation Gap Bridge. I wonder if this is still called Generation Gap Bridge? Since it no longer separates the generations. Hmm...

We found some turtles hanging out under the bridge! Athos and Dart were very interested in the turtles. I was more interested in the Little Mermaid rooms you could see across the lake! They weren’t yet open back in July.

Having worked up an appetite with our stroll, we were ready for some dinner!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #367
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ooohh any pics coming up of your room??? We visited AoA in Sept, and I would've loved to get a peek into the rooms.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #368
PirateSnowmen
Bazinga!

Oh man, Via Napoli looks SO good! It's definitely on my list of restaurants to try now!

Also, right before I read your update, the Finding Nemo soundtrack started playing on my iTunes. I found it very fitting for this update!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #369
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Having been able to see Art of Animation this past December (we stayed at Pop), I completely understand the draw of the resort! Pictures never truly do a place justice especially when it comes to just how BIG so many of the design elements are! I like it all except for the big picture of the whale, haha. I have a strange fear of them and must turn away in Turtle Talk when the whale squishes Dory as well as when Monstro appears during Fantasmic! I'm weird.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #370
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

AoA looks like such a fun resort! I love all of the bright colors!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #371
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

I think 'swimming' through the halls should be a requirement of staying there!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #372
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great AoA pictures! We can't wait to go check it out in October. The resort specific merchandise is great too. I love that Ariel shirt you got!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #373
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ooohh any pics coming up of your room??? We visited AoA in Sept, and I would've loved to get a peek into the rooms.
I definitely have a few more room photos coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateSnowmen View Post
Oh man, Via Napoli looks SO good! It's definitely on my list of restaurants to try now!

Also, right before I read your update, the Finding Nemo soundtrack started playing on my iTunes. I found it very fitting for this update!
Via Napoli was seriously fabulous. I want to go back just to try something else from the menu, but I don't know if I'd be able to resist getting the lasagna verde again! lol, and that was VERY fitting!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #374
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Having been able to see Art of Animation this past December (we stayed at Pop), I completely understand the draw of the resort! Pictures never truly do a place justice especially when it comes to just how BIG so many of the design elements are! I like it all except for the big picture of the whale, haha. I have a strange fear of them and must turn away in Turtle Talk when the whale squishes Dory as well as when Monstro appears during Fantasmic! I'm weird.
Don't you love that walk from Pop to AoA? We just thought the bridge was so pretty and pleasant. You are so right though, pictures don't do it justice - it's so magical in person! And I'm with you Monstro, girl. That whale is scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
AoA looks like such a fun resort! I love all of the bright colors!
Most definitely! And bright colors is exactly the way to sum it up - everything seems larger than life and so colorful!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #375
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
I think 'swimming' through the halls should be a requirement of staying there!
AGREED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Great AoA pictures! We can't wait to go check it out in October. The resort specific merchandise is great too. I love that Ariel shirt you got!
We loved the new merch - so many cute shirts, it was hard to chose one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: