Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #301
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I would like some jam tarts and tea right about now! Why don't they serve those at my workplace?
haha...I know! When is it NOT a good time for jam tarts and tea?? If I ever started a company I would most definitely serve those every lunch break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I love the idea of hopping back from a crowded park to the comfort of a club lounge! I've pretty much told my DH that all I want for my 40th birthday is a trip to Disney where we stay at the GF, now I might have to add club level to the request. Well, we have a few years to save up!
It's definitely one of the nicest parts of staying club, especially during the summer when you know the parks will be crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Fun day, even with the rain, you can't beat spending time at the MK. And to be able to head over to the GF for snacks makes the day even more special. Yum. I love the GF, not sure when or if I will ever stay there, but a trip to WDW is not complete without a visit to the resort.
The MK seems to take on a whole new persona in the rain, it's still so pretty...just a little more wet! We LOVE visiting resorts we're not staying at. Disney does such a good job of making you feel at home...it feels like you belong there even if you're not staying!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #302
Oscar5933
Earning My Ears

Smile Tea Time!

I wish my workplace had tea and tarts in the afternoon! What a lovely idea!

Loving this trip report, a new must do for me is staying Club at the Grand Floridian!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #303
BellaSoleil2
Earning My Ears

Lovely morning. princes oatmeal. I am going to try that here.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #304
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar5933 View Post
I wish my workplace had tea and tarts in the afternoon! What a lovely idea!

Loving this trip report, a new must do for me is staying Club at the Grand Floridian!
We should start a petition to bring teatime back! We did not expect to love the Royal Palm Club as much as we did - definitely a new Disney favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil2 View Post
Lovely morning. princes oatmeal. I am going to try that here.
A breakfast with a little princess in it is always a good thing!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #305
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Looks like our decision is made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

We did not expect to love the Royal Palm Club as much as we did - definitely a new Disney favorite.
I made the mistake of directing my DW to your RPC pictures, and our next trip went from being "on the cheap" to me promising to pack a jacket for V&A. Disney should pay you a commission for everyone who upgrades their reservations after reading your trippie.

Thanks for a great peek inside the velvet rope!

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #306
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh MK. I've never seen the Tiki Room (either version) and for that, I am ashamed. Sigh!

Jungle Cruise is honestly one of my favorites! I'm all about the cheesy puns.

I love all your pictures! Yay for tea time!

-Marissa
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #307
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
I made the mistake of directing my DW to your RPC pictures, and our next trip went from being "on the cheap" to me promising to pack a jacket for V&A. Disney should pay you a commission for everyone who upgrades their reservations after reading your trippie.

Thanks for a great peek inside the velvet rope!
LOL - they should, or if they could just comp my stay that'd be great. And WOW - V&A, that'll be amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ahhhh MK. I've never seen the Tiki Room (either version) and for that, I am ashamed. Sigh!

Jungle Cruise is honestly one of my favorites! I'm all about the cheesy puns.

I love all your pictures! Yay for tea time!
Jungle Cruise is definitely a classic. You have to get to the Tiki Room, though! I actually really miss the version with Iago and Zazu, but the original is fabulous too.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #308
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

A Snobbish Disney World Music Video

I have something kinda exciting to share with you guys today.

Months and months ago, before this trip to Disney World that I've been writing about, my brother Athos and I were sitting at the computer wasting time on the internet. Somehow we wound up watching the "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" song/scene from the movie Hello Dolly, and I got to thinking. Sunday Clothes is a song that is played on Main Street, which in itself makes it Disney-ish, but when you actually listen to the lyrics, a lot of them could match up with fun Disney World sights and sounds too.

"Out there, full of shine and full of sparkle...close your eyes and see it glisten, Barnaby!"

They could totally be talking about WDW, right?

The idea was born then and there. I wanted to make a music video at Walt Disney World to go with the song, starring Athos, Dart, and me.

All throughout this Disney trip, we would occasionally stop and do some quick filming for our project. It was really fun to think out scenes to go along with the lyrics and then dance and sing along!

Finally I have finished editing all the clips - it was my first time putting together a video, so some parts are a bit rough; but I still think it came out kinda cute!

SO. Without further adieu, I present to you the premiere of:

"Put on Your Sunday Clothes - Disney Style"

Enjoy!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #309
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Awww I love the video! Great job!

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #310
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Very cute video!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #311
Sommery
Earning My Ears

Love the video! Dart is the most adorable little brother. So fun!

8/2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
8/2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
8/2014 - Art of Animation
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #312
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

right, I officially SUCK at catching up with trip reports... in fact, I think this is the first time I've signed on to the Dis in months, I think I got a very delayed post-Disney depression!! But, I'm bacccccck! And I am so so ready to read this report! I can't wait to catch up with what you got up to! sorry I've been such a lame friend!

ps, your video is amazing! I love it! :D

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #313
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Awww I love the video! Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Very cute video!

Thanks guys! So glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommery View Post
Love the video! Dart is the most adorable little brother. So fun!
Thanks - and he is! He was such a good sport to be a little bit goofy for the video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
right, I officially SUCK at catching up with trip reports... in fact, I think this is the first time I've signed on to the Dis in months, I think I got a very delayed post-Disney depression!! But, I'm bacccccck! And I am so so ready to read this report! I can't wait to catch up with what you got up to! sorry I've been such a lame friend!

ps, your video is amazing! I love it! :D
HOORAY!!! Welcome BACK! Haha, no worries - I love getting to hear from you on twitter all the time, but it's great to have you back on the DIS too. And thanks!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #314
zipadeepixie
Earning My Ears

Awwww! Such a cute video. What a fun family you have!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #315
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

HOORAY!!! Welcome BACK! Haha, no worries - I love getting to hear from you on twitter all the time, but it's great to have you back on the DIS too. And thanks!
Hooray indeed! I quite like being back, no idea why I ever went away!! Haha. I'm all caught up on your report now (I may or may not have used luls in my work day to sit here and read it all! ) Also, I love that you're on twitter, have to love social media, makes keeping in contact so much easier!!

Everytime I read one of your reports I get so so hungry, I'm sitting here eating a chicken and salad sandwich and suddenly it becomes the worst thing ever because I can see all your disney food!! Next time you stay club level... take me?! Haha

Seriously though, I never knew they put so much food out for you to choose from, I am very impressed!! I also have a whole new level of appreciation for the Contemporary and the Grand, so beautiful and the views are amazing!

Now hurry up and write more so I can waste more (/productively use my time) of my work day!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: