Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Ahhh your Vera. It's beautiful. (I'm in love with VB as well.)

OMG. I can't believe your bus ride! That's insane. That bus driver must have been so embarrassed.

Ahhh the Contemporary! I miss it so!!! That view is perfect!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
No I did not.

I think it's fair to ask for a portion of your money back on that one.
I think you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagen View Post
Hey Emma! You're so lucky to be able to stay CL at not one but all 3 Seven Seas Resorts and I'm looking forward to your comparisons and reviews. I'm kicking myself for missing the opportunity to go through the College Program at Disney. I'm studying in Canterbury, have you been there? The whole Kent county is so pretty and if there's one word I would use to describe living here, it would be civilized What one word would you use to describe living in Dublin or England? I'm actually hoping my research will help me get a job at Disney as an Imagineer doing a lot of computer-based research- fingers crossed!
I haven't been to Cantebury - it's one of many English towns still on my list to see! Hmmm...a word to describe Dublin...I think civilized would do for England, but not for Dublin. Dublin was grittier than I expected, and you had to dig a little deeper to find its charm. "Colorful," maybe would be a good word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ahhh your Vera. It's beautiful. (I'm in love with VB as well.)

OMG. I can't believe your bus ride! That's insane. That bus driver must have been so embarrassed.

Ahhh the Contemporary! I miss it so!!! That view is perfect!
Vera is sooo pretty. I love going to VB outlets...although it can be dangerous to my wallet! Yeah...the bus driver definitely seemed stressed by the time we got to the Contemporary. I guess he was thrown because he didn't expect to go to the Polynesian.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #18
zipadeepixie
Earning My Ears

Yay! Another trip report! I have read all of yours and LOVE them. Oh, and BTW, I blame you for my Vera Bradley addiction!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #19
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Hi there, I'm joining in!

I love the monorail resorts, and in just two short weeks I'll be at the contemporary. I've never stayed club level though, so I'm looking forward to your reports!

Oh and I'm a huge Downton Abbey fan too! I think its the best TV I've seen in years!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

I am in for the TR - so far it is great !
I loved reading your last TR - love your style !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
Old 09-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #21
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma! I am so happy to stumble across your latest TR and its so cool to see that you are actually posting pics of yourself! Looking forward to another fun read!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #22
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Oh man! We are leaving Thursday, so I will have to find out about the food Friday or Saturday. It looks yummy though!!

Your family sounds fun! How cool that you and your brother were both working at WDW at the same time!! I bet that doesn't happen too often!

Your Dad's sabatical trip out west sounds like a lot of fun too! Not exactly Disney, but interesting and fun!!

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #23
MainStreetFireman
DIS Veteran

as the temps begin to drop in the Northeast...

...I will be enjoying your latest trippie reminding us of the summer!

Looks like your DisFam was there the week before ours. Such a great time...

Is there anything better than enjoying the world with your whole family? No chance.

I've been BOOed by iloveeeyore
Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 AM   #24
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! I know you were wondering! Wow!! Lots of firsts in this trip report....was this y'alls first ME trip? I can't remember, but I know your family drives in a lot...also,first facial pictures of the family, and first time i have ever seen you at Disney in Shorts!!!! Did I get any of this trivia correct? And I have to say I am bummed you won't be there for our trip this year!! We are 60 days out today... Ok..can't wait for more to this TR!!!!!
OH, have you seen Caroline Abbot? She's gorgeous!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #25
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo, another report! Subbing here!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10/13-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)
2014-Art of Animation/Fort Wilderness split stay
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Aww, page two! But I'm here and ready to read!!

eta - club at all three monorail resorts!! Must be a pretty hefty CM discount!

Love the veras!

Oh, the poor bus driver! Well, they all have to start somewhere.

Oooh the lounge looks so nice - I never knew Contemporary even HAD CL! What a great view!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 09-11-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #27
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I've read the others, so I have to read this one too!
It's what a 'civilized snob' would do!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipadeepixie View Post
Yay! Another trip report! I have read all of yours and LOVE them. Oh, and BTW, I blame you for my Vera Bradley addiction!
Glad to see you on the new trippie!! LOL, I do love Vera Bradley. Have you seen the new fall colors? SO pretty - although I guess I shouldn't be encouraging you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Hi there, I'm joining in!

I love the monorail resorts, and in just two short weeks I'll be at the contemporary. I've never stayed club level though, so I'm looking forward to your reports!

Oh and I'm a huge Downton Abbey fan too! I think its the best TV I've seen in years!
Welcome and HOORAY for another DA fan. It is such good television...there's interesting drama, but then there are just little, everyday details too that are so relaxing. I wish there was more on tv like it! You're going to have a wonderful time at the Contemporary, and your trip is getting so close!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
I am in for the TR - so far it is great !
I loved reading your last TR - love your style !
Or rather welcome back!! And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi Emma! I am so happy to stumble across your latest TR and its so cool to see that you are actually posting pics of yourself! Looking forward to another fun read!
Glad to see you on the new TR! I've posted a few face pics on my blog, so I figured I might as well use some here too.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hi Emma!
Looking forward to this TR, sounds like you will be able to show us quite a bit of information on the monorail resorts. I have only stayed at one, BLT which may not officially count, but I loved it.
I was in WDW, BCV, Labor Day weekend. We walked around Cresent Lake and over to the BW. When I walked through the lobby I looked for you, I did not know that you were no longer working down there. Sounds like you have other adventures to explore.
I just love VB too, and really have so much of it. No new fall colors for me yet, but I did just buy a super soft scarf on sale at a local gift shop. I am not looking forward to the approaching cooler weather, but at least wearing the scarf will make me happy.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #30
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Oh man! We are leaving Thursday, so I will have to find out about the food Friday or Saturday. It looks yummy though!!

Your family sounds fun! How cool that you and your brother were both working at WDW at the same time!! I bet that doesn't happen too often!

Your Dad's sabatical trip out west sounds like a lot of fun too! Not exactly Disney, but interesting and fun!!
Hope you have a fun trip!! My family can be pretty crazy but also a lot of fun, and it was really nice to have Aramis there at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetFireman View Post
...I will be enjoying your latest trippie reminding us of the summer!

Looks like your DisFam was there the week before ours. Such a great time...

Is there anything better than enjoying the world with your whole family? No chance.
So good to see you on the new trippie! Hope you guys had a fantastic trip, and you are SO right - there is nothing better than having your family with you at Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I'm here!!! I know you were wondering! Wow!! Lots of firsts in this trip report....was this y'alls first ME trip? I can't remember, but I know your family drives in a lot...also,first facial pictures of the family, and first time i have ever seen you at Disney in Shorts!!!! Did I get any of this trivia correct? And I have to say I am bummed you won't be there for our trip this year!! We are 60 days out today... Ok..can't wait for more to this TR!!!!!
OH, have you seen Caroline Abbot? She's gorgeous!
Hey girl!! We have done DME before, although it was the first time we did it all together (previously I did it by myself when flying in from college). LOL, and you're right - I did switch up the skirts with a few pairs of shorts!

I know, I'm bummed I won't get to see anymore DISers too, but how excited you must be for your trip! Have you decided on your restaurants yet?

P.S. I had not seen Caroline Abbot, but I just hopped over to the AG website and she is SO pretty - I love her outfits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrein View Post
Woo hoo, another report! Subbing here!
Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Aww, page two! But I'm here and ready to read!!

eta - club at all three monorail resorts!! Must be a pretty hefty CM discount!

Love the veras!

Oh, the poor bus driver! Well, they all have to start somewhere.

Oooh the lounge looks so nice - I never knew Contemporary even HAD CL! What a great view!
Haha, CM discounts are pretty sweet, and we only did one- or two-night club stays, but we did have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I've read the others, so I have to read this one too!
It's what a 'civilized snob' would do!
LOL, glad to see you here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Hi Emma!
Looking forward to this TR, sounds like you will be able to show us quite a bit of information on the monorail resorts. I have only stayed at one, BLT which may not officially count, but I loved it.
I was in WDW, BCV, Labor Day weekend. We walked around Cresent Lake and over to the BW. When I walked through the lobby I looked for you, I did not know that you were no longer working down there. Sounds like you have other adventures to explore.
I just love VB too, and really have so much of it. No new fall colors for me yet, but I did just buy a super soft scarf on sale at a local gift shop. I am not looking forward to the approaching cooler weather, but at least wearing the scarf will make me happy.
BLT definitely counts - it's so pretty there! Awww, sorry to have missed you. And the new scarf sounds cute!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: