Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #271
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Welcome back! Sorry about Notre Dame but it was probably still a cool experience going to a National Championship game. And atleast you got to go to Disney World!

Oh, I also saw your twitter name in one of your other posts so I started following you on there.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #272
wendiloveswalt
WendiLovesWalt

Hi, I'm subscribed to this thread, but I've only been lurking so far. I just wanted to say that I think you do have a future in writing. This TR is so well-written. Thanks for sharing!

DS 7, DD 4, DD 6 months
March 2012 CSR,Nov 2010 WL,July 2006 Disneyland
May 2005 Disneyland,Dec 1994 Big Red Boat/WDW Offsite,Several childhood trips staying offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #273
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Welcome back! Sorry about Notre Dame but it was probably still a cool experience going to a National Championship game. And atleast you got to go to Disney World!

Oh, I also saw your twitter name in one of your other posts so I started following you on there.
We didn't actually have tickets to the game (which, the way it turned out, was just as well), but we did get to visit Miami and see my brother perform in the band events and go to the pep rally on South Beach which was really fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiloveswalt View Post
Hi, I'm subscribed to this thread, but I've only been lurking so far. I just wanted to say that I think you do have a future in writing. This TR is so well-written. Thanks for sharing!
WELCOME! And thank you so much for your kind comment - that's really good to hear.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #274
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Dessert

After dinner at the Royal Palm Club, there was nothing to do but head back up to the fifth floor to watch the sky darken over the Magic Kingdom castle…

…which is a pretty darn nice item to have on your to-do list.

I went back to the room for a bit. Most of the others had gone for a stroll, so I had it all to myself. I watched the new DVC channel. Disney really has hypnotism down to a science…I almost wanted to buy into DVC watching it!

Back in the room, turn-down had been. Sonic was ready for bed, but we couldn’t go to bed just yet – there was still dessert to be had!

That means back to the lovely Royal Palm Club! It’s hard to get tired of this place…

There were cordials set out on the counter, then on the table in the center were the desserts! The selection included...

...fruit tarts...

...raspberry cake...

...orange tarts...

...cream puffs...

...fruit (in case you’re feeling healthy )...

...rice crispie treats...

...more cupcakes...

...trifle...

And the BEST sweets were the chocolate éclairs with chocolate cream!

Unfortunately I ate one éclair and felt completely full. But I did save a few of the other treats and put them in the fridge for the next morning. I do wish they had had more chocolate though – the éclairs were the only chocolate dessert, and one is never enough!

Porthos asked a CM for some chocolate milk (his beverage of choice), and she brought it out for him in a fancy glass. Love it!

After dessert we all went for a stroll out to the boat dock to see the Electrical Water Pageant. The perfect way to end a Grand day!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #275
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OH DESSERT! OH GRAND FLORIDIAN! That's basically all ya need, right?

-Marissa
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #276
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OH DESSERT! OH GRAND FLORIDIAN! That's basically all ya need, right?
haha...YES! So true!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #277
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

You guys had a great Club Room food experience! Those desserts look great!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #279
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - those are wonderful dessert choices! And the view of the castle is beautiful!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #280
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Wow, they offer such a large variety of desserts! I'd probably eat a pineapple or berry so that I wouldn't feel as guilty, haha.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #281
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The desserts look fabulous!!! What a way to spend the evening...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #282
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
You guys had a great Club Room food experience! Those desserts look great!
The club food at the Grand is definitely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yum !! Those desserts look amazing !! I just love the EWP !!
Me too!! That's one of the wonderful things staying on the Seven Seas Lagoon. I never get tired of that music!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 01-17-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #283
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - those are wonderful dessert choices! And the view of the castle is beautiful!
A view of the castle makes any dessert taste better...and they did have a really great selection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Wow, they offer such a large variety of desserts! I'd probably eat a pineapple or berry so that I wouldn't feel as guilty, haha.
LOL, I totally agree. Some healthy fruit counteracts all the richer, not-so-healthy sweets, right?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #284
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The desserts look fabulous!!! What a way to spend the evening...
It was just lovely... And there are SO many just lovely spots to spend an evening at Disney, I don't know how they do it!

p.s. totally random, but I love your avatar!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #285
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post

It was just lovely... And there are SO many just lovely spots to spend an evening at Disney, I don't know how they do it!

p.s. totally random, but I love your avatar!
Thanks!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: