Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #226
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Followed you over from my TR, and I'm finally all caught up! I seriously just cracked up laughing at your 50's PT story!! I'm with your mom, those servers there make me so nervous!

The GF looks simply amazing. It would be a dream to stay there one day!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #227
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh man. I try to deny it, but the Grand Floridian has been my number one dream resort since I saw it on Full House when I was four. You are just making my desire grow stronger and stronger. Darn those deluxe costs!

The breakfast looks completely amazing. Can't wait to see more GF pictures!!!
Awwww...I know that episode too too well. I never caught Jesse playing at the piano though, bummer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
Just joining in! I'm loving living vicariously through your CL experience!
WELCOME!!! So glad you're enjoying it. That's what I love about trip reports - it's so fun to be able to go along with everybody on their vacations. I know I'm often thinking of you DISers during my trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your Club Level breakfast sounds awesome!! Yay for checking into the GF!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #228
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Yippee for the Grand Floridian! I dream of staying there. . . maybe someday. With my Wilderness Lodge Loving DH and a 3 year old son, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. Maybe a romantic 20th anniversary trip (you know a mere 14 years from now)!
I know - I love the Polynesian so much, it's hard to stay anywhere else! Haha...it's never to early to plan a future trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Followed you over from my TR, and I'm finally all caught up! I seriously just cracked up laughing at your 50's PT story!! I'm with your mom, those servers there make me so nervous!

The GF looks simply amazing. It would be a dream to stay there one day!!
Yay! Welcome! lol, it was pretty hilarious. I was SO scared the server would catch us!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #229
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Taking in the Prettiness

Quick Note: I've just noticed that in past updates, for some odd reason, the formatting has gotten all messed up when I post. Apostrophes have been deleted and semi-colons and ellipses have been turned into andpersands (&). I tried to go back and fix them, but I might have missed a few. Just a warning in case you're starting to wonder about the extremely eccentric grammar in this TR.

Alright. Ready to explore the Royal Palm Club at the Grand Floridian some more?? When I left off, we had climbed the stairs to the fifth floor, the Grand Poinciana level.

I came to love the fifth floor best there was a table along a wall of windows that I just ADORED.

Athos. Swaggering. Just being in the Grand Floridian makes you stand up a little straighter, feel a little fancier, and swagger and swan through the hallways.

Athos had already managed to visit the arcade (I really dont know how he accomplished that) and had obtained a mini Go Fish card deck from the Stacker game. Stacker is Athoss special skill. We sat at the table and played go fish.

Fun times.

I asked Athos to take a picture of me. This is what happens when you give Athos a camera. First, he takes a few blurry shots where your eyes will inevitably be closed or youll be making a bad face. You get fed up and ask him to give you back the camera -

Seriously, Athos. PLEASE give me back the camera!!!

But he will just turn the camera on himself and continue to take self portraits of himself until you wrestle the camera from him.

Honestly.

If you want a thing done right you have to do it yourself!

I pretty much fell in love with this couch. (If you can't tell I was falling in love with everything at the Grand) Look at how pretty the pattern is! And it was SO SO comfortable. I kinda just wanted to camp out there and pretend that little lounge in the hallway was my room and just spend ALL DAY there.

However, we did have a beautiful room waiting that I had not even photographed yet, so I decided to head back there and get some photos.

A room at the Grand is like a bedroom from my dreams. The blue and yellow look SO perfect and fresh and soft.

Theres a charming little writing desk.

Also a very cozy chair.

Frilly, lace curtains, of course!

An elegant valance complete with TASSELS!! Basically nothing in life is complete without tassles. In my opinion.

Love the oversized mirror and pink couch! (I always feel like Samantha Brown describing resort décor, lol).

The only problem with staying at the Grand Floridian is that there are so many pretty places to be, it's kinda distracting. But then...that's a delightful dilemma you can feel whenever you're at Disney World. I had a hard time deciding what to do with my day at the Grand. Should I hang out in the room? In the Royal Palm Club? In the lobby?

Its pretty outside!

Its pretty inside!

TOO MANY PRETTY PLACES!!! I wanted to be in all of them at once - lol!

Exploring with Dart. That chair is my favorite. It used to be yellow, and then it was gone for months, and now its back and its green and I still love it. It has a secret cubby and a writing surface attached.

Someday, when I'm a famous author (hey - it could totally happen!), I'll say in my interviews that I wrote my great novels in that chair.

The lobby of the Grand is so pretty! I went for a walk with Mom and Dad and Dart to just explore and take some photos.

We braved the heat to take a few photos with the fancy old cars under the port cochere.

This would be an elegant way to roll up to the Grand!

We also visited the secret Mary Poppins courtyard. I had seen this from above, riding by on the monorail, but never in person. If you're standing in front of the Grand, you just go left right before the doors instead of going inside and wind around the porch. I think it's used for the 1900 Park Faire tea parties. Very cute!

Ahhh - I don't think I can ever get enough of the Grand!

Coming up: it's TEATIME. More treats from the Royal Palm Club!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 01-17-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #230
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

First breakfast, now tea. I can't take it anymore! Someone get the fainting couch ready . . . there I go . . .
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #231
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The DIS has been eating a lot of punctuation lately and I don't understand it! It's happened to some of my updates, too.

Please, please, PLEASE can I stay at the Grand Floridian now? I am just LOVING these pictures!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #232
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Just found your TR and am loving it!!! Can't wait for more!!!

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #233
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the update and Sonic is cool. I want one
Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #234
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Strange how the punctuation formatting has been acting up!!

Love your pictures around the GF! It does seem like an awesome place to stay, so fancy!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #235
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I must say, you do look very much at home at the GF!!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #236
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

The GF is such a lovely resort! It would be such a dream to stay club level there! Thank you for all the pictures and descriptions, its fun to live vicariously through you!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #237
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

More beautiful pics of the GF!! I am soooo jealous you were able to not only stay there, but Club Level! My cheap DH would never go for such a thing, so alas, I too will have to live vicariously through your pics...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #238
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
First breakfast, now tea. I can't take it anymore! Someone get the fainting couch ready . . . there I go . . .
I know! I felt that way too. Luckily there are plenty of elegant fainting couches around at the Grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The DIS has been eating a lot of punctuation lately and I don't understand it! It's happened to some of my updates, too.

Please, please, PLEASE can I stay at the Grand Floridian now? I am just LOVING these pictures!
Isn't that odd? Hopefully it'll get fixed soon...I don't want people thinking I don't know the difference between it's and its!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
Just found your TR and am loving it!!! Can't wait for more!!!
Thanks for posting! I'm uploading the new photos now, so hopefully I'll have more up this weekend!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #240
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the update and Sonic is cool. I want one
Haha...glad you noticed him! Dart is a HUGE Sonic fan and after he picked out that plush at Mitsukoshi, it never left his side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Strange how the punctuation formatting has been acting up!!

Love your pictures around the GF! It does seem like an awesome place to stay, so fancy!
Very odd! Thanks - and it was very fun to stay there. We actually didn't expect it to be so fun; the Grand doesn't have as strong of a theme as our favorites like the Poly and AKL, but it was lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I must say, you do look very much at home at the GF!!
Why, thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: