Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 AM   #181
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #182
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I was working on the update last night, but I just ran out of time! It's just about ready now though!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #183
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Haircuts by Hook

With the whole family now united, we set off to Hollywood Studios.

First we got fastpasses. I think. Fastpasses were pretty much necessary on a day like that...It was HOT and CROWDED.

My solution to these two problems: a delicious frozen lemonade. Just looking at it made me feel refreshed!

Mom caught a pic while I was expressing my extreme love of the amazing beauty of Disney frozen lemonade, gazing at it in wonderment. lol.

We stopped in the Writers Stop to enjoy the AC.

I really miss the window seating, but this is still a fun place.

They always seem to have an interesting selection of treats at Writers Stop...theres always some little snackerel that Ive never noticed before. Today it was this mickey ear hat toffee brownie. With my frozen lemonade I sadly I wasnt hungry at the time now of course I really wish Id tried it!

So many interesting and bookish details-the Writers Stop is definitely my kind of place.

Since we were only in the park for the afternoon, I decided to wear some highly impractical shoes. What, I did bring flip flops too!

Next we strolled down the Streets of the Americas and took a few pictures...

THIS is why I wore my highly impractical shoes. I couldnt have worn anything else with such a Hollywood dress!

A stop at HISTK playground was ABSOLUTELY necessary for Dart. Although I still think they should make this into a Cars playground (with Lights Motors Action right there). Most of the kids (like Dart) have never even seen that movie.

At the Boardwalk, I once checked in a Pixar imagineer he was in charge of Pixar in the parks, and I told him about my idea for HISTK. Im not even making that up. It was probably my most thrilling moment of working on the front desk. So if they ever DO change that into a Pixar playground, youll know it was my idea. Kinda.

In the meantime, enjoy these photos of the HISTK playground...

I guess I would miss it they replaced it.

Athos taking a break from chasing Dart around.

This is how I like to spend my time at HISTK. In the shade. Sitting.

After HISTK, we had a date with some cowboys and spacemen and a certain potato...

At Toy Story Mania of course!

I did my best - I wish I could ride this a dozen times in a row and actually get good at it! Porthos always manages to get good scores. I think its his innate video gaming instincts which he has developed assiduously all his life.

Dart and I were back-to-back with Athos and Porthos, so I held my camera up to get a pic!

Strolling through Hollywood, trying to give Dart a kiss. I dont think he appreciated it.

We had a reservation for dinner at Prime Time at 5:30, but we had had some snacks at the apartment and we werent hungry yet. So we decided to take our chances and go a little later, and in the meantime, we did Animators Academy my favorite!

I loved all the Brave art that was up and around! That was such a gorgeous movie.

We had also been eager to try Animators at this time of day because it was supposed to be around when the Characterpalooza you hear about on the DIS happens, when lots of random characters appear. And guess what they did!

We met Mary Poppins and her penguin. That little boy was totally entranced with Mary too cute! We also got to see Minnie those two we saw in the 20 minutes before the next Animation class, sweet!

Dart giving a penguin a hug.

We got the animator with the epic voice (if youve been to many Animation Academys, you know the one I mean), and we got to draw Phineas and Ferb, which we had really been hoping for!

Believe it or not, this would become Phineas and Ferb.

As we were leaving afterwards, we noticed Captain Hook in the vestibule with a super short line, so we hopped in it!

This Hook was HILARIOUS. First he was cracking us up with the couple in front of us in line he was trying to keep the husband out of the picture and wouldnt stop kissing the wifes hand!

When it was our turn, Captain Hook, through hand gestures, said he liked my hair and that it was just like his. Then he turned his attention to Athoss hair. Which he did NOT like.

Athoss hair looks a lot like a mushroom. He likes to wear it hanging down so you cant even see his face. Mom and I had been bugging him about it all summer. So to have Captain Hook affirm our opinion was awesome.

He even offered to cut Athos' hair.

With his hook.

SNIP. SNIP.

I wish we couldve taken him up on it, but we had to get over to the Prime Time for dinner!

So we headed into the 50's, checked in with the CM, and Mom explained apologetically that we were late. The CM, completely in character, scolded us about being late but said he would let us in if we had a reeeeally good story.

Mom started to tell the truth, which was pretty boring; so I stopped her.

I got this, Mom.

I explained that a rocket had fallen out of the sky and landed in the middle of the lake at Coronado Springs. There was a HUGE splash and no one was hurt but we had to be evacuated from the Dig Site by helicopter and taken to Disney headquarters where we had to give statements.

We told the Disney officials that they were making us late from our Prime Time ADR, but they didnt listen.

Mom and the boys helped with a few details, and we came up with all that. On the spot.

Boom.

But did the CM buy it?? Would we still be able to eat at Prime Time?? Youll have to wait til Thursday to find out!

Last edited by AGPrincess; 11-20-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #184
eeyorefan107
Mouseketeer

Love it!! I'm hoping to do Animators Academy when we go in February. Can't wait to find out if you got seated at 50's Prime.....

Counting down the days until our next Disney Trip!!

Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #185
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I keep forgetting about characterpalooza! I really need to get there one of these times. It looks like you guys made the most of it, what a fun interaction with Captain Hook!

Hope the hostess bought your story and you were indeed able to eat at Prime time! (if not, those mickey toffee brownies looked like they would make a good meal too! )
Old 11-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #186
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ha! Love it! I am eager to hear about 50's, as it is one of our ADR's in May!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #187
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I love the excuse!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #188
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

If the change from HISTK to Cars playground ever happens, I will be sure to congratulate you! But seriously.

Character palooza looks like a lot of fun! That Hook sounds HILARIOUS. I wish he did regular meet and greets! I think he'd be so much fun to meet!

HAHAHA. That was a fabulous excuse. Why wouldn't the CM buy that?

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 11-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #189
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!! The CL at the Contemporary looks awesome!! Those snacks seem like a great perk!

Love your mermaid makeover! The scales are awesome! I didn't know mermaids were apparently evil either!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Hopefully the CM at 50's bought your epic excuse!!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #190
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorefan107 View Post
Love it!! I'm hoping to do Animators Academy when we go in February. Can't wait to find out if you got seated at 50's Prime.....
You should definitely do Animator's - even if you don't draw yourself, it's fun to see how the characters come together on the page! You'll seee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I keep forgetting about characterpalooza! I really need to get there one of these times. It looks like you guys made the most of it, what a fun interaction with Captain Hook!

Hope the hostess bought your story and you were indeed able to eat at Prime time! (if not, those mickey toffee brownies looked like they would make a good meal too! )
I forget about it so often too -- it was really exciting to catch it for once! Captain Hook was the best. LOL - and you're right, that brownie would make a tasty dinner all by itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ha! Love it! I am eager to hear about 50's, as it is one of our ADR's in May!
That's exciting!! 50's is such a fun placep!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #191
zipadeepixie
Earning My Ears

LOVE those shoes, AND the dress. Too cute!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #192
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipadeepixie View Post
I agree! Super cute!

I love the story you made up about being late for your ADR. So much more creative than saying, "We weren't hungry".

Fun update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #193
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I love the excuse!
lol...thanks! I think we did a pretty good job coming up with it all at once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
If the change from HISTK to Cars playground ever happens, I will be sure to congratulate you! But seriously.

Character palooza looks like a lot of fun! That Hook sounds HILARIOUS. I wish he did regular meet and greets! I think he'd be so much fun to meet!

HAHAHA. That was a fabulous excuse. Why wouldn't the CM buy that?
Thank you!

Characterpalooza was awesome - I wish all character lines were like that, and I wish all characters were like Hook! He was fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Joining in!!! The CL at the Contemporary looks awesome!! Those snacks seem like a great perk!

Love your mermaid makeover! The scales are awesome! I didn't know mermaids were apparently evil either!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Hopefully the CM at 50's bought your epic excuse!!
WELCOME! The club food is the BEST, we love it. Pirates League was so much fun, and I loved becoming a mermaid. A good vegetarian one, that is...
Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #194
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipadeepixie View Post
Thanks!! The dress is from Modcloth...show me a swirly skirt and I'm lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I agree! Super cute!

I love the story you made up about being late for your ADR. So much more creative than saying, "We weren't hungry".

Fun update!
Thanks! Haha...maybe we should start giving more inventive excuses for being late for ADR's at other restaurants too. At least it would make it more interesting for the CM's!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #195
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

That dress with those shoes? Fabulous! I L-O-V-E that dress. It's so swishy and swirly.

Haha, great story to try to get into Prime Time late!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: