Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
nikknyc
Mouseketeer

Just Off Eastern Canadian

Hi y'all!

Just off the Eastern Canadian yesterday morning, with two new booked! (Med, and the DVC Members January) Any questions, just ask!
January DVC Members Cruise - Disney Dream 2013
June Med - Disney Magic 2013
nikknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Hi! Did you enjoy the cruise? How cold was it at sea? Food good? Do you know what time boarding began? What did you enjoy in the ports? Thanks for any answers.
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Ginger1966
Earning My Ears

How was Halifax? What did you do there?
Ginger1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
dclpluto
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23
Hi! Did you enjoy the cruise? How cold was it at sea? Food good? Do you know what time boarding began? What did you enjoy in the ports? Thanks for any answers.
Boarding started around 11:40 . Food was not that good. I did the hop on hop off bus both places a mistake
dclpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
taximom00
Mouseketeer

We were on the july 8 cruise. If you are looking for something different in saint John, we did the riverboat cruise and enjoyed it. Got to see some local scenery without traveling too far. We had wanted to do the Saint Martins caves or Hopewell Rocks but it was high tide the day we were there. The riverboat was a relaxing afternoon trip. That being said I was with my 78 yr old mother so it was necessary to find something she would enjoy.

Also we found the sea days to be in the cool side in July so I'd pack a fleece for Sept! I live in Boston and its 65 and rainy now! Though that can change on land but I'd be prepared for cool sea days.
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclpluto View Post
Boarding started around 11:40 . Food was not that good. I did the hop on hop off bus both places a mistake
Thanks. Sorry to hear that about the food. Hope our choices are better?? Did you see a decline in quality? I was considering hop on hop off but right now am leaning toward a taxi. Good to know about boarding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
We were on the july 8 cruise. If you are looking for something different in saint John, we did the riverboat cruise and enjoyed it. Got to see some local scenery without traveling too far. We had wanted to do the Saint Martins caves or Hopewell Rocks but it was high tide the day we were there. The riverboat was a relaxing afternoon trip. That being said I was with my 78 yr old mother so it was necessary to find something she would enjoy.

Also we found the sea days to be in the cool side in July so I'd pack a fleece for Sept! I live in Boston and its 65 and rainy now! Though that can change on land but I'd be prepared for cool sea days.
Thanks for the feedback on excursions. Fleece or the like sound good. We're 65 and sunny here. Lows the last two nights in the 50s....I am loving it. Fleece or the like sound like a great idea for sea days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: