Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #46
luvmesometigger
Mouseketeer

I just stumbled onto this thread. My ODD is a Daisy (1st grade). Reading this thread has given me some ideas for next year.

Our cookie sales are 1/17 through 2/24.

(DH) (ME) (DS 14) (DD 8) (DD 5)
Poly 5/1994, SoG 1/1996, Contemp 8/2004, Pop Century 6/2006, Contemp 12/2010, SoG 4/2012 POR 6/2013 AoA 8/2014

luvmesometigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

How's everyone's year going? We are about to start the Brownie Quest, then working on Bridging requirements

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #48
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

We've actually made some progress on the non-journey activities. Once the beginning of January the girls have earned their snack badge, my best self, and meet my customers Our council is holding world thinking day next week and our troop is France.

Cookie pre-sales end this week and I'm not only trip leader but also cookie mom. Cookies don't arrive for a month do at least I get some downtime. I do plan to complete the brownie quest this spring, but am in no hurry.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 AM   #49
RangerPooh

Cookie season has finally ended for us - yay!!!!

Question- I have had a college student assisting our troop, but with school ending in two weeks she's saying goodbye. I'd like to give her a small token of appreciation from the troop, any suggestions? Thinking something other than a giftcard.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #50
mupt02
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
Cookie season has finally ended for us - yay!!!!

Question- I have had a college student assisting our troop, but with school ending in two weeks she's saying goodbye. I'd like to give her a small token of appreciation from the troop, any suggestions? Thinking something other than a giftcard.
Could you have the girls make her a handprint shirt and then they each sign their hand? What about a small picture book with pictures from your events and notes from each girl?
mupt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #51
huffjoann
DIS Veteran

cookie season ended a few wks ago and I am sooo glad! I was also cookie mom!!
My troop decreased over the yr but that was fine cause the girls that were active were a great bunch.
We did our journey, worked on first aid badge, currently working on bug badge & safety award. we also did a badge thru our council for being "green" and some other stuff I cannot remember. Only 2 meetings left!

Pop Century 6/10; All Star Movies 6/11; off property 11/11; Dream 5/24/12 3 night;
Dream 5/26/13 4 night; Magic TBA
huffjoann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #52
RangerPooh

When do your troops end? Do you go until the last week of school or are you year round? We had to recently explain to our council as to why ours only follows the school year-small town, college town, students who's parents are students might leave for the summer.

Our troop enrollment was up to 21! But only. 16-17 attended weekly. I've asked council to stop placing new girls in my troop due to space and manageability. I have also requested that I keep my troop intact next year and we age up together and become a brownie junior troop and then for one year well all be juniors, and the be spilt again. Of course they'd have to find a different brownie leader to work with the Daisy's that are aging up and any new Brownies, but I can't keep growing, it's not feasible.

In the last few months we've worked on the snack badge, meet our customers, inventors, world thinking day, did a trash pick up (it's fun having to explain empty riffle cartridges, 4 lighters, excess cigarettes, beer cabs rand bottles to the girls. Yup college town. To finish out the year we're going to work on fire sills, first aid, stream ecology (as part if earth awareness fun patch), and possibly the science patch.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #53
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

We end the first week of June which is also our last week of school. However this year we are going to earn part of the Celebrating Community badge during a family 4th of July party. For those who are out of town, they do the steps at their own July 4th celebration (sing anthem, count flags, participate in town ceremony)

We are staying with six girls again for next year. It works for us.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:58 AM   #54
Tabologist
Mouseketeer

Opinions please...

We've just completed my daughter's first year of Brownies. We have a Daisy/Brownie split. Next year they will all be brownies.
There is a mother who, just told me today, that she is starting her own Daisy/Brownie troop for next year so her two girls can be together. Originally we discussed adding the Daisies to our troop just with her running it. Field trips, cookie sales, everything else would be together.
So has also contacted all of my current daisies to see if they would rather go to her troop, 3 of whom are going.
I ask them all of there was something we could have done differently. They were all very polite and said that nothing major was wrong. They just wanted to run out differently and focus more on the academic learning of the badges and less outings, district activities and field trips.

My problem is that I'm taking this personally. We focus on learning any required badges (like the petals) during meetings. Anything outside of that hour is optional. These two mom's sat outside our meetings and never offered to help or offer any suggestions during the year. Even when asked they never stepped up.

Tabitha Audiologist, Wife & Momma to boy/girl twins
December 2010 Cabins at Fort Wilderness ~ July 2013 Disney Dream
DVC members Saratoga Springs since December 2013

Last edited by Tabologist; 05-29-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Tabologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #55
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabologist View Post
Opinions please...

We've just completed my daughter's first year of Brownies. We have a Daisy/Brownie split. Next year they will all be brownies.
There is a mother who, just told me today, that she is starting her own Daisy/Brownie troop for next year so her two girls can be together. Originally we discussed adding the Daisies to our troop just with her running it. Field trips, cookie sales, everything else would be together.
So has also contacted all of my current daisies too see if they would rather go to her troop, 3 of whom address going.
I ask them all of there was something I could have done differently. They were all very polite and exclaimed that nothing major was wrong. They just wanted to run out differently. Possibly focus more on the academic learning of the basges and less outings, district activities and field trips.
My problem is that I'm taking this personally. We focus on learning Amy required badges (like the petals) during meetings. There's very rarely homework for this. Girls have enough to do at home and work sports.
When we sold cookies we decided to give each girl a budget tha she can use. So, were
Yes, I would feel upset if someone took "my" girls to form their own troop, too. I'm sorry this happened and hope you find new girls that make your troop even better.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #56
Tabologist
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay

Yes, I would feel upset if someone took "my" girls to form their own troop, too. I'm sorry this happened and hope you find new girls that make your troop even better.
Thanks Marshay. Its probably for the best that they left and not just sit there complaining. We still have a good size troop of 16 girls. We will still rock this school. Lol.

Tabitha Audiologist, Wife & Momma to boy/girl twins
December 2010 Cabins at Fort Wilderness ~ July 2013 Disney Dream
DVC members Saratoga Springs since December 2013
Tabologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #57
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabologist View Post

Thanks Marshay. Its probably for the best that they left and not just sit there complaining. We still have a good size troop of 16 girls. We will still rock this school. Lol.
And maybe it'll be a bit easier for you with only 16...a little less paperwork, supplies, etc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: