Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #16
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
What if we just took a cab instead of trying to rush and wait for the bus? Also we are using the Free Disney Dining Plan - are the penalty fees still the same?
Do you mean a cab back to your resort for ME or a cab to the airport? You could get ME to pick you up at the Contemporary instead and just take your carry on luggage with you. You can have them hold it for you at the front of the park and pick it up on your way out. (We did this on a resent trip when we bought the giant Stitch.)

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #17
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Do you mean a cab back to your resort for ME or a cab to the airport? You could get ME to pick you up at the Contemporary instead and just take your carry on luggage with you. You can have them hold it for you at the front of the park and pick it up on your way out. (We did this on a resent trip when we bought the giant Stitch.)
This CAN NOT be done. The ME bus pick up is only at the resort you are staying at. You can not get it at the Contemporary or any resort other than your own.

If you want to get a cab at the MK, you have to take the Monorail or the Ferry to the TTC for the cab stand, so plan on that travel time. There are no cabs available right at the MK. A cab to the airport is pretty expensive - over $60 I believe.

If you are going straight to the airport from the park, you would have to be schlepping your carry ons to breakfast or putting them in lockers under the train station, if they will fit. I would definitelty try for fewer carry ons, two rather than six, as you asked earlier.
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #18
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

You can get a taxi from the Contemporary as well, just walk or catch the monorail.

I've never caught the ME, we hire a town car to pick us up at the airport and take us back and someone else suggested getting picked up from the Contemporary so sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
This CAN NOT be done. The ME bus pick up is only at the resort you are staying at. You can not get it at the Contemporary or any resort other than your own.

If you want to get a cab at the MK, you have to take the Monorail or the Ferry to the TTC for the cab stand, so plan on that travel time. There are no cabs available right at the MK. A cab to the airport is pretty expensive - over $60 I believe.

If you are going straight to the airport from the park, you would have to be schlepping your carry ons to breakfast or putting them in lockers under the train station, if they will fit. I would definitelty try for fewer carry ons, two rather than six, as you asked earlier.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Well...hmmm...gosh darnit I don't want to give up this reservation! LOL* I don't want to call my TA either because it's just such a serious pain with this lady to change things. ARGH.

So if I took a cab from the MK travel center to CBR do you think that'd shave any time off? We could check out early and have all our carry-on's at the front entrance so all we have to do is grab them and get on the ME to the airport. Think that'd work??? Or worst case scenario we could to and leave a little early if it looks like we'll be cutting it close.

In the future I'll be booking my own trips. We booked this time with a TA who made all my reservations and to be honest, they kind of stink!!! Anyhow, we're already paid up and we have a ticket for that day so we might as well go for SOMETHING. Even if we Rope Drop if it's early enough to get a couple hours to do something, then CRT, then off to the airport. Isn't there an exit right by the castle with buses or no?? This is what the TA told us when booking the ADR. POOH!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #20
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

You realize you can make your own Adr's right? You do not need your TA to do that. They may not be linked to your Res # but you can fix that later.
kristainohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
You realize you can make your own Adr's right? You do not need your TA to do that. They may not be linked to your Res # but you can fix that later.
No I did not, how do I do that????? I thought I couldn't because it's all under her travel agency
Old 09-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #22
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio

This! Try to get better adrs then tell her to cancel hers if you do. Good luck!

Bell services at your resort can hold all your carryon items. You will get little tickets to reclaim them when you get back from MK. don't take it all to MK with you!
*10/11-20/14 - Disneyland*

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
scrappymel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter

No I did not, how do I do that????? I thought I couldn't because it's all under her travel agency
Go on disneyworld dot com and click the tab on the upper right that says "where to eat" then "make reservations".
*10/11-20/14 - Disneyland*

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Alrighty thank you I will try this. Otherwise I don't know what else to do. Do people give up the reservations this close???
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

ALSO - we are using the free dining plan, does that make a difference when booking a reservation???
Old 09-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #26
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
Well...hmmm...gosh darnit I don't want to give up this reservation! LOL* I don't want to call my TA either because it's just such a serious pain with this lady to change things. ARGH.

So if I took a cab from the MK travel center to CBR do you think that'd shave any time off? We could check out early and have all our carry-on's at the front entrance so all we have to do is grab them and get on the ME to the airport. Think that'd work??? Or worst case scenario we could to and leave a little early if it looks like we'll be cutting it close.

In the future I'll be booking my own trips. We booked this time with a TA who made all my reservations and to be honest, they kind of stink!!! Anyhow, we're already paid up and we have a ticket for that day so we might as well go for SOMETHING. Even if we Rope Drop if it's early enough to get a couple hours to do something, then CRT, then off to the airport. Isn't there an exit right by the castle with buses or no?? This is what the TA told us when booking the ADR. POOH!
It's pretty clear that you don't want to change this ADR
I don't think taking a taxi from the TTC to CBR much, if any,time. You still have to line up for either the ferry or the Monorail, and then once you reach the TTC you have to get a cab for the ride to CBR. Walking to the CR and getting a cab from there would probably be quicker.

There is no exit near the Castle. You have to walk the length of Main Street to reach the Main Entrance, then walk out and down the walkway to the bus stops, which is a bit of a trip.

By the way, if you choose to go to CRT, you will have to check out of your room regardless before you head to breakfast. Check out is 11 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #27
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Go to www.disneyworld.disney.go.com and click on the link that says "where to eat" (second from the right I believe). From the drop down menu click "make dining reservations". The just plug in your specs. If it were me, I would check for the next two weeks to get a different day for CRT. Departure day would be too stressful for me to enjoy it.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
It's pretty clear that you don't want to change this ADR
I don't think taking a taxi from the TTC to CBR much, if any,time. You still have to line up for either the ferry or the Monorail, and then once you reach the TTC you have to get a cab for the ride to CBR. Walking to the CR and getting a cab from there would probably be quicker.

There is no exit near the Castle. You have to walk the length of Main Street to reach the Main Entrance, then walk out and down the walkway to the bus stops, which is a bit of a trip.

By the way, if you choose to go to CRT, you will have to check out of your room regardless before you head to breakfast. Check out is 11 AM.
LOL* How'd you know? Oh my kids will be heartbroken if they can't eat at the castle...pooh!!! No I really don't want to give it up! I don't know what to do. I'm going to try and book another reservation

We have a 16 month old - do I consider her a guest??? Making our party 5 instead of 4 people??
Old 09-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #29
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter

LOL* How'd you know? Oh my kids will be heartbroken if they can't eat at the castle...pooh!!! No I really don't want to give it up! I don't know what to do. I'm going to try and book another reservation

We have a 16 month old - do I consider her a guest??? Making our party 5 instead of 4 people??
Yes, it would be a reservation for 5.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #30
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for your help!!! This is SO stressful! Argh! I truly appreciate everyone's input and advice - and your taking the time to share it with me!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: