Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
angelicamy12
Mouseketeer

Orlando in November

Hello all you lovely people,

I'm feeling very sad as my annual leave request from work has just been rejected and I was all set to book a holiday packaged on 22 September for 2 weeks from Glasgow. The month of October is also out as my boyfriend can't get off his work then.

Glasgow flights stop in October but I'm now thinking we could *maybe* go from Manchester in November. Problem is, my boyfriend loves the sun and is convinced it won't be nice in November. Has anybody been this time before? I'm thinking roughly the first 2 weeks of November. I can imagine the parks looking beautiful during this time.

We've only been in June before and the weather was lovely then.
angelicamy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
queendisney
DIS Veteran

we nearly always go in November and the first two weeks are normally fantastic weather. Its one of those things that's hard to get your head around that it's going to be hot when its rubbish weather at home. Obviously you can't g'tee great weather but I can honestly say that its always been good for us at the beginning of November. Its normally in the upper 70's to lower 80's but can be hotter then that in the day time. Sometimes in the evening it can get chilly but we don't normally find we need a jacket etc at the beginning of November. The humidity has completely gone and its bliss. You also have the Epcot food and wine festival, MVMCP and if you plan it right you may also get the MNSSHP.
Go for it, it really is a fantastic time to go and he will still get the heat and a suntan.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
angelicamy12
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much Vanda...I'm going to sit down with him tonight and try and convince them that it will probably still be sunny. Did you find you could do water parks? Being a pasty skinned redhead, I don't find them too enjoyable as I'm trying so hard to cover myself in sunscreen all the time! I might prefer it at this time of year and would love to make the parties! (especially since we cant afford to do much Disney...we think this would be a good way for us to visit the parks without investing in a 7 or 14 day pass!)

I think there would be something incredibly magical about main street usa with the decorations up....do you usually see them in the first 2 weeks? We're going to spending a lot of time in US/IOA too

xx
Old 07-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

We are going in nov this year again late on 20/11, in 2004 we flew out on tha ksgiving and i remember weather being lovely but again cant guarentee anything. Last year we flew back on nov 5th and it was stunning and nice and warm :-)

Im not worried as long as its not freezing cold like it was when we first went in feb ten years ago as i want warmish weather thats better than here to enjoy the magic
Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicamy12 View Post
Thanks so much Vanda...I'm going to sit down with him tonight and try and convince them that it will probably still be sunny. Did you find you could do water parks? Being a pasty skinned redhead, I don't find them too enjoyable as I'm trying so hard to cover myself in sunscreen all the time! I might prefer it at this time of year and would love to make the parties! (especially since we cant afford to do much Disney...we think this would be a good way for us to visit the parks without investing in a 7 or 14 day pass!)

I think there would be something incredibly magical about main street usa with the decorations up....do you usually see them in the first 2 weeks? We're going to spending a lot of time in US/IOA too

xx
Yes its absolutely def hot enough for water parks. You may not see full decorations up yet everywhere, they normally try and do it all by Thanks Giving, but certainly lots will start to go up while you are there. The 1st MVMCP is on 8th November so they will be up in the MK by then. Oh yes I forgot to mention the Osborne lights at Hollywood studios. They really really make you feel like Christmas is on the way, fantastic sight. I wager a bet that once you have been at this time of the year that you'll always want to go back at that time

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
angelicamy12
Mouseketeer

Ooh I'm so excited - wish me luck for trying to convince my boyfriend to book tonight!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooh I'm so excited - wish me luck for trying to convince my boyfriend to book tonight!

Good luck...

Old 07-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #8
angelicamy12
Mouseketeer

Can you think of anything else I could tell him that might sway him into going? Slow ride lines etc?

Also, anything exciting going on at Universal? I've gone as far as to be searching for sports events in the area I could buy him tickets to...I must be desperate haha!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

We went in December last year, left about mid month and it was glorious. I swam most days.

We are there again, a bit earlier, this year, leave on Thanksgiving so hoping for more of the same. But to be honest, there is no guarantee of good weather even in July - damn 3.00 downpours!!!

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you think of anything else I could tell him that might sway him into going? Slow ride lines etc?

Also, anything exciting going on at Universal? I've gone as far as to be searching for sports events in the area I could buy him tickets to...I must be desperate haha!
Well the last date for the Universal Horror Night is 2nd November. I have never been to one but understand they are fun!! The first two weeks of November are prob some of the least busiest times as it really starts to get busy the week leading up to Thanks Giving.
Other then that you'll have to resort to bribery?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #11
angelicamy12
Mouseketeer

Haha yes, the bribes are on their way ;-)

Does anyone know if harry potter world is decorated for the holidays? I just had a look online but couldn't see anything other than seuss.I bet it'd be beautifully if they put some up inside hogwarts!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haha yes, the bribes are on their way ;-)

Does anyone know if harry potter world is decorated for the holidays? I just had a look online but couldn't see anything other than seuss.I bet it'd be beautifully if they put some up inside hogwarts!
well it sort of looks Christmassy anyway because its covered in fake snow. But I am sure they will put decorations up as well, they do everywhere else so don't think this will be an exception.

Have you ever watched Phil Emma and Ben on Youtube? Their vids are excellent to watch..this one is from Dec/Jan. It def looks like HP is decorated, just don't know when they do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bJ4cxYfQF4

Last edited by queendisney; 07-05-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #13
duffdo
Mouseketeer

I went in October/November in 2011 and am going the same time again this year 😃 The weather was fine. It hardly rained and the temperature was constantly in the late 70s early 80s. As for the ride queues, as long as you avoid Thanksgiving, it should be quiet!
duffdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
OrlandoMagic
DIS Veteran

We went at the start of November last year and enjoyed it, It was warm in the day and we only saw it rain for about 10 mins (in the car on the way to BG). I would say make sure you take an extra layer for the evenings, was a bit chilly!

Jul 2000 - Villa, Kissimmee ~ May 2008 - Best Western, I Drive ~ Sept 2009 - Saratoga Springs & Portofino Bay Hotel ~ Sept 2011 - Saratoga Springs & Dream Cruise ~Nov 2012 Legacy Vacation Resorts, LBV & Fantasy Cruise ~ Sept 2013, Calabay Parc Villa

OrlandoMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

We did end of November, start of December back in 2010 and we swam pretty much every day, weather in high 20's and low 30's no rain etc. We had a few cold days in early December but still a lot warmer than back in England.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: