Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
csislander
Earning My Ears

13-day park hopper ticket?

Not sure where to ask this, so hope I'm not out of order! Visiting WDW in Nov. for 2 weeks. Two of us will have AP's, but third one needs park-hopping for 13 days. I can only see 10-day hoppers being offered, and can't seem to find any info as to whether days can be added. Can we do this and, if so, what will be the cost? Thanks for any help you can offer!
csislander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Dwheels
Mouseketeer

I would say at 13 days you ate probably better off getting an AP instead of a park hopper
Dwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

if she has a package can add tickets on to the ten day. just need to call them direct. If she does not have a package then adding the hopper and 13 days she would probably be better off at getting the AP

Last edited by canopynut66; 09-07-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: add
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Disney does not sell tickets for more than 10 days. You cannot add any days to any ticket if the total of used plus unused will be greater than ten.

A ten day plus a three day, neither having hopping, is $560 (plus tax). And AP, which by definition is a hopper, is $574.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes

8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 MNSSHP and MVMCP Information
18A. Prices Effective June 3, 2012
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
csislander
Earning My Ears

I guess your info is correct, but it seems unfair. The difference between say an 8-day and a 9-day, or a 9-day and a 10-day is approximately $10. But then the only option past that is an additional $200 for an AP! Two-week vacations are a pretty normal thing, so it seems strange that there's no option for 14 days!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

This may not help, but could. If you get a 10 day park hopper and add the water park and more option you would get 10 days in the parks and 10 visits to either a water park or Disney Quest. That is what we choose to do verses getting the annual pass this year. We will be there for 13 days, but will be spending 3 days out of the parks either in the water park or at Disney Quest. This may not work for you, but is an option to keep in mind
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

We just spent 12 days there....6 days parks, 4 days waterparks, and 2 days DisneyQuest. It was fabulous!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csislander View Post
I guess your info is correct, but it seems unfair. The difference between say an 8-day and a 9-day, or a 9-day and a 10-day is approximately $10. But then the only option past that is an additional $200 for an AP! Two-week vacations are a pretty normal thing, so it seems strange that there's no option for 14 days!
Its not a matter of fairness but what Disney wants to sell and what people want to buy.

At least in the US, 2 week vacations are very rare since most people only get 2 weeks a year. Also its hard for anyone to take more than 1 week at a time.

Even those that can take two weeks at a time off probably would not go to a park more than 10 days and take some days off to tour the resorts, go to a Water Park or spend a day at DTD.

They do have longer length tickets for those from the UK but they get (by law) more days off per year, I believe they tend to take longer vacations and if they are going to spend the money to come over here they are going to try to get their money's worth. Even then Disney doesn't expect them to be in a park everyday so the ticket is like the old Length of Stay ticket so its also a hopper and gives you unlimited WPF&M use.

As for what Disney wants to sell you. My thought is that any ticket longer than 10 days and/or good for more than 14 days would promote ticket sharing. Yes I know the finger scan stops this but that doesn't keep people from trying and Disney really doesn't like to turn people away with bad tickets.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #9
Piglet99645
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At Disneyland they recently got rid of 6 and 7 day tickets so the most we can buy is 5. People are upset for the same reason! Disney has arbitrary limits that seem to baffle many of us. I'm sure it makes sense somewhere in the statistics or whatever.

I thought international guests could get longer passes but not sure if that applies to Canada.

Good luck! Jealous of 10 days in the parks, let alone 13.
November 8-11, 2005 - WDW with my husband and 5yo son and SIL - - All Star Music Resort ~ Trip Report
April 12-14, 2006 - DISNEYLAND again with the best friend - now 30-something moms
August 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland
June 2011- Disneyland WITH HUBBY AND TWO KIDS (10 & 5), SIL and 2yo nephew - BWPPI ~ Trip Report.
October 21-26, 2012, WDW - All Star Movies, Food and Wine, and MNSSHP

Feb. 12-16, 2014. Disneyland (Desert Inn and Suites) Just me and the kids!! (now 13 and 8)
Piglet99645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
csislander
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
Its not a matter of fairness but what Disney wants to sell and what people want to buy.

At least in the US, 2 week vacations are very rare since most people only get 2 weeks a year. Also its hard for anyone to take more than 1 week at a time.

Even those that can take two weeks at a time off probably would not go to a park more than 10 days and take some days off to tour the resorts, go to a Water Park or spend a day at DTD.

They do have longer length tickets for those from the UK but they get (by law) more days off per year, I believe they tend to take longer vacations and if they are going to spend the money to come over here they are going to try to get their money's worth. Even then Disney doesn't expect them to be in a park everyday so the ticket is like the old Length of Stay ticket so its also a hopper and gives you unlimited WPF&M use.

As for what Disney wants to sell you. My thought is that any ticket longer than 10 days and/or good for more than 14 days would promote ticket sharing. Yes I know the finger scan stops this but that doesn't keep people from trying and Disney really doesn't like to turn people away with bad tickets.
I guess "unfair" wasn't the word to use. You're right, they can sell whatever they choose. I didn't realize that 2-week vacations were uncommon in the US, and was therefore surprised that a ticket wasn't available to accommodate that. I also didn't realize that among Disney fans, we were unusual in wanting to visit the parks for at least part of each day we're there! But we'll figure something out, I'm sure! And thanks for your insight.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #11
csislander
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsmommy View Post
This may not help, but could. If you get a 10 day park hopper and add the water park and more option you would get 10 days in the parks and 10 visits to either a water park or Disney Quest. That is what we choose to do verses getting the annual pass this year. We will be there for 13 days, but will be spending 3 days out of the parks either in the water park or at Disney Quest. This may not work for you, but is an option to keep in mind
Thank you, this is definitely an option for getting the extra days. I guess our problem is that two of us intend to get AP's which will not give us the water park/DQ options. But we'll work it out. I was just surprised not to be able to reasonably add any number of days you wanted--until it became more economical to get an AP.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
csislander
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet99645 View Post
At Disneyland they recently got rid of 6 and 7 day tickets so the most we can buy is 5. People are upset for the same reason! Disney has arbitrary limits that seem to baffle many of us. I'm sure it makes sense somewhere in the statistics or whatever.

I thought international guests could get longer passes but not sure if that applies to Canada.

Good luck! Jealous of 10 days in the parks, let alone 13.
The international 14- and 21-day tickets appear to be for UK and Ireland only, unfortunately. And yes, we are indeed fortunate to have 10 days and will figure out the rest!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Unfortunately, 2 week vacations are not common in the United States. Your two options would be an Annual Pass or a ten day pass with options - that way you can take a break from the parks to go to the water parks or just hang out at your resort pool. I don't know when you are going, but during the Halloween Season there is Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween Park and during the Christmas Season there is Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party - hard ticket events at the Magic Kingdom in the evenings.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Undercover tourist sells the two week tickets. We've purchased several times.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post
Undercover tourist sells the two week tickets. We've purchased several times.
They are also reputable, it is important to note.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: