Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

What do you do?

When you first get to Disney what do you do? I mean after you've checked in and seen your room...

Usually we end up putting everything away, we rest for a while...

Buttttt we are SO excited about this trip... we're not even sure where to begin!!! lol

Curious...

Tammy

-----------------------------
All Star Sports May 1997; Pop Century May 1999; Pop Century May 2010; Port Orleans French Quarter Nov 2010; Port Orleans Resort New Rooms Sept/Oct 2012; FIRST SOLO STAY: Beach Club/POP Century Mar 2013; POR Oct 2013
Tammy296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

We usually hit MK. If it is a late arrival we have a character meal.

Etsy ID: ALPhandmade
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
kath2me
Mouseketeer

usually the day we arrive, we do the same thing, check in, take a dip, than we for the past 20 years, have always gone to red lobster ( crossroads ) we have dinner, and than back, maybe take a nite swim, and than go to bed.. to begin our early start the next day...a fresh beginning...
2008- PORS
2009 -PORS
2010 - CSR
2012- CR & AKL
2013-BC & WL
2014 WL
Kathy
kath2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

Depends, but usually if we relax by the pool, and then have dinner and just get ready for the next day
AndiSlamberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
DreamnDisney
DIS Veteran

I leave in 13 days for a stay at AKL, we'll be arriving at 10am so we will head of to AK as soon as we arrive! Also planning on dinner at raglan road in DTD!

DreamnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

When the kids were younger and going with us, we always checked in at around noon and then headed straight to DHS. We always did the GMR and then TOT. Have dinner at Sci Fi about 4:30. Just as we would come out Osborne lights will be getting ready to turn on.

Dh and I alone always hit AK first, spend the afternoon, eat and get in bed early for the next day and breakfast at Boma's. Eating at Bomas is actually more of a tradition for us these days than what we do the first day!

This Dec we are taking our 2 6yo grandsons. We will most likely be going to MK first. They want to do POC and neither has done Jungle Cruise. Still will be an early night though, I am sure they will run us ragged the rest of the week! But I can't wait for that kind of exhaustion!

Kelly
kellyg403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

I usually stay at EP resorts so i walk through EP and take the monorail to MK. Philharmagic is always a first. It puts me in the mood for Disney. Not that I need much help anyway.
Sweettears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

I travel from Washington State and don't usually arrive until dinnertime (or afterward). Not enough time to get settled and go to the parks on arrival day, so usually we just check in, have some dinner at the resort (or DTD if it's early enough!), maybe take a quick swim, then head to bed. That way, we're fresh for the first morning of touring!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Melissa8905
Mouseketeer

Good question! This is usually the most exciting part of the trip for our family! We check in, freshen-up, then always hit Magic Kingdom first. Just a tradition, I guess. I just need to hear that train whistle and walk under that tunnel to know we're home again.
Melissa8905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
Minnie-Mickey
Mouseketeer

Arrival day varies from only 2 options every trip.
1. Work all day leave work hop on a plane arrive at midnight sleep

or most frequent for us
2. Arrive by 10am from New England(getting up at 3am) EMH pm at MK til closing. Kids love option 2 even more so that they are older. I am also older and have to say option 1 is for me. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/faint.gif
Minnie-Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
TowMater92
Mouseketeer

Get in our room and change into some shorts(go in winter and live in WA state) then find somewhere to eat that's still open then go back to the resort and go to bed. We fly from WA State and SWA flights always got in late to Orlando so by the time we got our rental car and got to the resort its usually after midnight. Now we can get in at 6pm thats going to make a huge difference now I see us going to DTD or a nice restaurant
TowMater92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

We usually travel from boston on the first flight out at 630am. Get to Disney by 11:00. Check in and then head over to Epcot World Showcase (since it doesnt open till 11:00 am). We split Epcot into two days and this becomes one of them. Dinner in a Different country every time we go. Then the show on the lake and by the time that is over we are all dog tired and ready for bed.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
mieshie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

On our last trip we left at 10:00pm and arrived at 7:15am. We checked into our hotel and since our room wasn't ready we explored the resort for a little while. We were expecting to rest for a while in the room after driving all night and heading to a park in the afternoon. However, DD6 and DS3 started getting anxious to meet Mickey so we headed to the Epcot Character Spot. DH and I were exhausted but the kids were so excited that we pushed through. Our room was ready by about noon.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #14
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Our flights usually land early. On our upcoming trip, we land at MCO at 8:30 AM. We check into our room, and hit a park. Since we've usually been up since about 3 AM for travel, we make it an easy touring day, have an early dinner at the park, and then head back to the resort ight after dinner to get settled and unpack. We do an early bedtime on arrival day because we're tired plus we want to hit the ground running on our first full day at the parks.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
wahoostampingirl
DIS Veteran

We drive from VA and usually arrive mid-afternoon of the 2nd day of driving. We like to break up the drive into two 8 hour chunks We check into our condo, do a grocery run and have dinner out at a resort or at DTD. Then it's to bed early, so we can be at a park (usually Epcot) early.
wahoostampingirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: