Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Will any of these let you grab a cheese plate to go? Lol

I haven't been able to snag reservations for the right times (or at all) since I started trying so late for these restaurants: California Grill, Citricos, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or Artist Point? And what about GF Cafe or GF Tea Room? I am dying to try ALL the cheese plates, but even with going for two weeks we just can't fit it all in or can't get ressies anyway. Does anyone know if any of these places would let me get takeout? I'm guessing no buy thought I'd see if anyone has tried.

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Take out? Probably not. But I'll be any of these places would let you order a cheese plate if you can snag a seat at a counter or bar. These types of seats won't be reserved. I am 100% certain that this can be done at the California Grill as long as there is space in the lounge or bar. And if you went to Mizner's at the GF and asked if you could get a cheese plate from Citricos, I'd be surprised if they refused the request.
JimmyV is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Take out? Probably not. But I'll be any of these places would let you order a cheese plate if you can snag a seat at a counter or bar. These types of seats won't be reserved. I am 100% certain that this can be done at the California Grill as long as there is space in the lounge or bar. And if you went to Mizner's at the GF and asked if you could get a cheese plate from Citricos, I'd be surprised if they refused the request.
i can confirm it's been done at the bar at cali grill and minzer's at the gf. as a fellow cheese plate addict don't forget to try the tapas style offerings at the new wine cellar in epcot italy.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQueenT View Post
i can confirm it's been done at the bar at cali grill and minzer's at the gf. as a fellow cheese plate addict don't forget to try the tapas style offerings at the new wine cellar in epcot italy.

Is this a counter service or something else? I don't think I'm familiar with that! Thanks for the tip! I LOVE cheese plates!!!!!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2paisley

Is this a counter service or something else? I don't think I'm familiar with that! Thanks for the tip! I LOVE cheese plates!!!!!
Mizner's is the bar at GF. Similarly, Territory Lounge is the lounge next to AP and you can order food there as well.

Duh! Just realized you were asking about the wine bar. That's Tutto Gusto next to Tutto Italia and Via Napoli. It doesn't take ADRs.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
brinkley07
Earning My Ears

Keep trying for ressies!! I have managed to slide in to quite a few places last minute from cancellations. Plus you can always try to get in without one. If you go on the early side (right as they open) you may get a table like we did at 'Ohana. Otherwise I'm sure you can sit at the bar the as everyone suggested.
brinkley07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

The Crews Cup at YC served a cheese plate the last time we were there. They also serve some other good food. WL Territory Lounge serves everything from AP. Or they did in March! Never had food at Mizners. Just drinks. But it is a really nice lounge. Outer Rim at CR used to have a cheese plate too. I don't think take out is available.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: