Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #346
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Great reporting as usual! I've been following along but haven't commented til now. Hope you get to start your 1/2 marathon report soon! I'm reading your nemesis' now and want to hear your take on the whole experience too!
Thanks for reading along! I just started my TR and I'll link to it in my next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
OMG you did an update No seriously love it
Yeah, I pretty much deserve that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
In this pic it looks like Jakes hair is on your head.
I saw that too! But it's the best pic we had from there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
What a wonderful trip report! It's so well written and funny--keeps making me smile and laugh. I look forward to reading more about your trip, and I hope you're having a great day!
Thanks for reading along! I'll try to keep the quality at the level you've become accustom. Or better. But probably worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
What a wonderful trip report! It's so well written and funny--keeps making me smile and laugh. I look forward to reading more about your trip, and I hope you're having a great day!
Do you ever get deja vu?
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #347
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,028

Half Marathon Trip Report Started

Just thought I'd throw it out there that I've started the Trip Report for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon / Dis Dad's Club Convention.

Nemesis Challenge: MY Side of the Epic Half Marathon Showdown
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #348
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,113

Finally getting caught up after being off the DIS for a week because of illness and then work (although why I'm explaining myself is beyond me because I can't remember the last time you visited my TR).

In any event, fun update. Love how Madison is always the star of the show...that girl has talent. Then you go and ruin the update by eating at H&V...but I guess for Evan's sake, I'll forgive you. And then you go and show that awful picture of the pool slide at the BW where I am staying in December and absolutely detest that clown. And I just ate on top of it! The only saving grace is I won't swim in December so as long as I don't get a view of that thing from my room, I'll be okay.

Major on the pizzas...good job.
KatMark is online now  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #349
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Finally getting caught up after being off the DIS for a week because of illness and then work (although why I'm explaining myself is beyond me because I can't remember the last time you visited my TR).

In any event, fun update. Love how Madison is always the star of the show...that girl has talent. Then you go and ruin the update by eating at H&V...but I guess for Evan's sake, I'll forgive you. And then you go and show that awful picture of the pool slide at the BW where I am staying in December and absolutely detest that clown. And I just ate on top of it! The only saving grace is I won't swim in December so as long as I don't get a view of that thing from my room, I'll be okay.

Major on the pizzas...good job.
Hi Kathy! Glad you're feeling better. And yes, I have been ignoring a lot of TRs lately. I just caught up on Andy's - but yours is next on my list!

The clown really isn't that bad....as long as you don't look at it.
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #350
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,028

Animal Kingdom (Part 1)

Remember that pixie dust pizza that nice lady gave us last night? BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!



Fully nourished, we packed up our park bags, stroller and other gear and headed for Animal Kingdom. I took our tickets and headed straight for Expedition Everest to grab FastPasses while Bambi and the kids headed for a ride on Dumbo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. I made it over to Dinoland as they were just getting off the ride and the kids decided to try out something new - Primeval Whirl. The wait was posted at 10 minutes, but it was essentially a walk on. Bambi stayed back with Ryder. I'm guessing she knows that the ride is mostly referred to as Primeval Hurl, so she was smart enough to send me on first to see if I survived before she took her turn.



The best part of the ride is that if you do actually hurl, the spinning of the ride vehicle will make a nice spiral pattern of your projectile vomiting. See? Imagineers think of the coolest stuff!



We got off, and the kids absolutely loved the ride. I somehow convinced Bambi that the pizza for breakfast would be fine and that she should go on. (sucker).





As much fun as they were having on the ride, our FastPass time was upon us so we wandered over to Asia. Madison can be "take it or leave it" on Everest and today she happened to be both - she wanted to leave it and let us take it. So Evan and I braved the Yeti first.



While we were riding, Bambi got a call from her parents who had just arrived at the park. We went off to meet them by the African Drums, but stopped half way to get some pretty pictures by a bridge.

This was me getting all fancy with the camera while I waited for my models to arrive on set.



And there they are!



Bambi and her mom then went off to use the other two Expedition Everest FastPasses while the kids banged on the drums and I ran for Kali River Rapids FastPasses.



The posted wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was about 30 minutes, but we jumped in line anyway...and waited probably 50 to 60 minutes. The man in front of us had a shirt from the Clearwater Marine Aquarium (made famous by the movie "Dolphin Tale" about Winter, a dolphin that lost her tail and learned to swim with a prosthetic.) Madison and Evan loved that movie, so they had a nice conversation about the park and the dolphin so it helped the time go by a little quicker.

Finally, we were seated in our truck and I found out the reason for all the bumpity bumpity on the ride...



That explains a lot, doesn't it?

Ryder didn't seem to notice the bumps much. But then again, he was only 5 months old. He didn't seem to notice a lot of things.



The ride as pretty typical - some animals eating, some animals wandering the savanahs, a lion laying around doing nothing. But it was after we got off the safari that we saw the coolest thing - a Silverback gorilla playing in a stream.



He was playing around with a food bowl, splashing around in the water and getting wet. And he gave us an idea...





It's time to get wet ourselves! Who says you can't learn anything from the animals?

Bambi didn't feel like walking around the park soaking wet, but her dad and I are not that smart and decided it would be a good idea.

After the first deluge:



I have no idea who these people are, but they seemed to enjoy the ride too.




After our thorough soaking, Evan started thinking. (Note: this is usually NOT a good thing). He was soaked to the bone and trying to find a way to dry off. So he came to the conclusion that acactus is dry, so....



Stand like a cactus! The kid's a genius!

(continued in next post...)
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #351
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 6,028

Animal Kingdom (Part 2)

The kids wanted to head back to Dinoland to ride Primeval Hurl and play in the Boneyard, but Bambi, Ryder and I had to make a pit stop along the way...



We also learned a few things.
#1. Pooh loves babies.





#2. Eeyore loves babies.







#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies. Weird, huh? Pooh and Eeyore were all over Ryder, tickling his toes, rubbing his belly, etc. Tigger? He pretty much wanted nothing to do with him - keeping his distance. Maybe he's scared of babies?



And last and certainly the most important lesson....

#4. Never trust a Canadian with a Photopass account.




Thanks Brian. I'll now remember my honeymoon with Tigger until the end of my days.

We met up with the rest of the family in Dinoland then walked over to Flametree BBQ for a nice lunch down by the water. Mmmmm....chicken.

The kids wanted to get in some swimming time before our early dinner that night, so we made for the front of the park. We did stop for a few pictures on the way out.







Now, I have to stop right here and give a little bit of advice to all of you new parents bringing babies to Animal Kingdom. If you don't do the following with your youngster, I will never, ever speak to you again. This is essential to their development and you are doing a great disservice to your child if you don't do this.



Trust me, you'll thank me later.

So we headed back to the Boardwalk, changed into our swimming suits and headed for the pool.





And just to prove that its not all freaky clowns, Dumbo makes a cameo appearance at the pool.



Up Next...The Worst Disney Dinner Ever, and that practice I was telling you about.
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #352
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,222

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Remember that pixie dust pizza that nice lady gave us last night? BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!
Looks delicious! And it consists of the most important food groups... with the exception of possibly bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Bambi and the kids headed for a ride on Dumbo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather
I knew they were related!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
The best part of the ride is that if you do actually hurl, the spinning of the ride vehicle will make a nice spiral pattern of your projectile vomiting. See? Imagineers think of the coolest stuff!
Designed to encourage sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
We got off, and the kids absolutely loved the ride.
But what did the Ice Monkey think of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Madison can be "take it or leave it" on Everest and today she happened to be both - she wanted to leave it and let us take it. So Evan and I braved the Yeti first.
Suit yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
The posted wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was about 30 minutes, but we jumped in line anyway...and waited probably 50 to 60 minutes.
Brutal... especially when you typically expect the line to be less than posted if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
After our thorough soaking, Evan started thinking. (Note: this is usually NOT a good thing).
Obviously, he takes after you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Stand like a cactus! The kid's a genius!
So how long did it take him to dry off???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
#1. Pooh loves babies.



#2. Eeyore loves babies.



#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies.
Maybe they don't bounce around enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
#4. Never trust a Canadian with a Photopass account.

You're just now learning this??? Never trust a Canadian. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
We met up with the rest of the family in Dinoland then walked over to Flametree BBQ for a nice lunch down by the water. Mmmmm....chicken.
Really??? No ribs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Now, I have to stop right here and give a little bit of advice to all of you new parents bringing babies to Animal Kingdom. If you don't do the following with your youngster, I will never, ever speak to you again. This is essential to their development and you are doing a great disservice to your child if you don't do this.
Well, let me just say this. Had you actually written this TR in a timely manner, I'd have seen this little PSA in time and done it. But since you didn't, I didn't. If you have to refrain from ever speaking to me again, I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
And just to prove that its not all freaky clowns, Dumbo makes a cameo appearance at the pool.
Very Circusy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Up Next...The Worst Disney Dinner Ever, and that practice I was telling you about.
Well, this has gotta be good.
afwdwfan is online now  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #353
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer
 
SRiley1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil, Indiana
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You really are slow...

That changed about 6 or 7 years ago. The whole state has Daylight savings time now.

But most of the state is Eastern Time except for the NW and SW corners.
Shh...keep it quiet. I already get annoyed having to spend the two weeks of the Covered Bridge Festival driving around on backroads just to get to Wal-Mart thanks to all the traffic. Not that I know why people bother anyway. Seen one flea market, then you've seen 'em all LOL.
__________________
Me(Steph) - DH - DSS(13) - DD(9) - DS(3) -
PORx2/CBRx2 as a kid and then...Sept 2009 - CBRMay 2010 - CBRMarch 2012 - ASMu, POFQSept 2012 - AKV KidaniJuly 2013- AKV Jambo/BCVMay 2014 -CBR Next up...Thanksgiving 2014 - Pop Century!
SRiley1985 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #354
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Remember that pixie dust pizza that nice lady gave us last night? BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!
You could do much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I took our tickets and headed straight for Expedition Everest to grab FastPasses while Bambi and the kids headed for a ride on Dumbo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather.
Are you sure you didn't skip a generation in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
The best part of the ride is that if you do actually hurl, the spinning of the ride vehicle will make a nice spiral pattern of your projectile vomiting. See? Imagineers think of the coolest stuff!
Is that the voice of experience talking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Madison can be "take it or leave it" on Everest and today she happened to be both - she wanted to leave it and let us take it. So Evan and I braved the Yeti first.
Did you at least put her to work fixing the Yeti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
This was me getting all fancy with the camera while I waited for my models to arrive on set.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
The posted wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was about 30 minutes, but we jumped in line anyway...and waited probably 50 to 60 minutes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Ryder didn't seem to notice the bumps much. But then again, he was only 5 months old. He didn't seem to notice a lot of things.

Ryder is not impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
After our thorough soaking, Evan started thinking. (Note: this is usually NOT a good thing). He was soaked to the bone and trying to find a way to dry off. So he came to the conclusion that acactus is dry, so....

Stand like a cactus! The kid's a genius!
It's also a good version of the crane technique, so you can't attack him either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies. Weird, huh? Pooh and Eeyore were all over Ryder, tickling his toes, rubbing his belly, etc. Tigger? He pretty much wanted nothing to do with him - keeping his distance. Maybe he's scared of babies?
Now I wouldn't have guessed that. Maybe he doesn't like someone else being the center of attention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
And last and certainly the most important lesson....

#4. Never trust a Canadian with a Photopass account.


Thanks Brian. I'll now remember my honeymoon with Tigger until the end of my days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
We met up with the rest of the family in Dinoland then walked over to Flametree BBQ for a nice lunch down by the water. Mmmmm....chicken.
Best. Counter-service. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Now, I have to stop right here and give a little bit of advice to all of you new parents bringing babies to Animal Kingdom. If you don't do the following with your youngster, I will never, ever speak to you again. This is essential to their development and you are doing a great disservice to your child if you don't do this.
I'm pushing 40. I might throw my back out if I tried that.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #355
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,113

Great update, Barry. I do have to say that pizza looks disgusting (I'm sorry...if it's not Chicago pizza, it's disgusting!).

Evan just cracks me up...he is such a hoot.

The pictures of Ryder with Pooh and Eeyore are priceless. I must say I lvoe the one of Ryder sticking his tongue out at Eeyore. And shame on Tigger for not feeling the baby love. I'll have to yell at him when I see him.

Great family photopass; and I can see that Madison who is already a booming actress, will be a great mommy too one day.
KatMark is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #356
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
 
petals's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,025

I'm loving the updates. Ryders expression in the Eeyore pics is brill. I loled that your Happily ever after pic with Tigger
petals is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #357
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,583

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
#2. Eeyore loves babies.




Love these. The tongue sticking out and then the "what ARE you " face.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies. Weird, huh? Pooh and Eeyore were all over Ryder, tickling his toes, rubbing his belly, etc. Tigger? He pretty much wanted nothing to do with him - keeping his distance. Maybe he's scared of babies?



And last and certainly the most important lesson....
Even Ryder feels snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
#4. Never trust a Canadian with a Photopass account.

Priceless
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post


Trust me, you'll thank me later.
Love the shot but very scary clouds behind you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
So we headed back to the Boardwalk, changed into our swimming suits and headed for the pool.





And just to prove that its not all freaky clowns, Dumbo makes a cameo appearance at the pool.

At first I thought - not going to happen with those clouds, but I happy to know you got to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Up Next...The Worst Disney Dinner Ever, and that practice I was telling you about.
Can't wait to hear about it.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #358
bluechic03
DIS Veteran
 
bluechic03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 629

Hahaha You and my hubby have a lot in common, he has held both of our sons up just like Simba, before they even came home from the hospital! He has not, however, done the pose at AK! Definitely on our list of FP shots in April!!!
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2:Roxy



An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #359
E3yore
Mouseketeer
 
E3yore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Hahaha You and my hubby have a lot in common, he has held both of our sons up just like Simba, before they even came home from the hospital! He has not, however, done the pose at AK! Definitely on our list of FP shots in April!!!
Our FP person did not find it funny. She didn't even want to take the picture. Hope you have a better photographer.
__________________
E3yore is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #360
bluechic03
DIS Veteran
 
bluechic03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
Our FP person did not find it funny. She didn't even want to take the picture. Hope you have a better photographer.
oh no! really?! I would think more people with babies would do that!
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2:Roxy



An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: