Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #346
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Great reporting as usual! I've been following along but haven't commented til now. Hope you get to start your 1/2 marathon report soon! I'm reading your nemesis' now and want to hear your take on the whole experience too!
Thanks for reading along! I just started my TR and I'll link to it in my next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
OMG you did an update No seriously love it
Yeah, I pretty much deserve that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
In this pic it looks like Jakes hair is on your head.
I saw that too! But it's the best pic we had from there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
What a wonderful trip report! It's so well written and funny--keeps making me smile and laugh. I look forward to reading more about your trip, and I hope you're having a great day!
Thanks for reading along! I'll try to keep the quality at the level you've become accustom. Or better. But probably worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
What a wonderful trip report! It's so well written and funny--keeps making me smile and laugh. I look forward to reading more about your trip, and I hope you're having a great day!
Do you ever get deja vu?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #347
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Half Marathon Trip Report Started

Just thought I'd throw it out there that I've started the Trip Report for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon / Dis Dad's Club Convention.

Nemesis Challenge: MY Side of the Epic Half Marathon Showdown
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #348
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Finally getting caught up after being off the DIS for a week because of illness and then work (although why I'm explaining myself is beyond me because I can't remember the last time you visited my TR).

In any event, fun update. Love how Madison is always the star of the show...that girl has talent. Then you go and ruin the update by eating at H&V...but I guess for Evan's sake, I'll forgive you. And then you go and show that awful picture of the pool slide at the BW where I am staying in December and absolutely detest that clown. And I just ate on top of it! The only saving grace is I won't swim in December so as long as I don't get a view of that thing from my room, I'll be okay.

Major on the pizzas...good job.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #349
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Finally getting caught up after being off the DIS for a week because of illness and then work (although why I'm explaining myself is beyond me because I can't remember the last time you visited my TR).

In any event, fun update. Love how Madison is always the star of the show...that girl has talent. Then you go and ruin the update by eating at H&V...but I guess for Evan's sake, I'll forgive you. And then you go and show that awful picture of the pool slide at the BW where I am staying in December and absolutely detest that clown. And I just ate on top of it! The only saving grace is I won't swim in December so as long as I don't get a view of that thing from my room, I'll be okay.

Major on the pizzas...good job.
Hi Kathy! Glad you're feeling better. And yes, I have been ignoring a lot of TRs lately. I just caught up on Andy's - but yours is next on my list!

The clown really isn't that bad....as long as you don't look at it.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #350
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Animal Kingdom (Part 1)

Remember that pixie dust pizza that nice lady gave us last night? BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!

Fully nourished, we packed up our park bags, stroller and other gear and headed for Animal Kingdom. I took our tickets and headed straight for Expedition Everest to grab FastPasses while Bambi and the kids headed for a ride on Dumbo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. I made it over to Dinoland as they were just getting off the ride and the kids decided to try out something new - Primeval Whirl. The wait was posted at 10 minutes, but it was essentially a walk on. Bambi stayed back with Ryder. I'm guessing she knows that the ride is mostly referred to as Primeval Hurl, so she was smart enough to send me on first to see if I survived before she took her turn.

The best part of the ride is that if you do actually hurl, the spinning of the ride vehicle will make a nice spiral pattern of your projectile vomiting. See? Imagineers think of the coolest stuff!

We got off, and the kids absolutely loved the ride. I somehow convinced Bambi that the pizza for breakfast would be fine and that she should go on. (sucker).

As much fun as they were having on the ride, our FastPass time was upon us so we wandered over to Asia. Madison can be "take it or leave it" on Everest and today she happened to be both - she wanted to leave it and let us take it. So Evan and I braved the Yeti first.

While we were riding, Bambi got a call from her parents who had just arrived at the park. We went off to meet them by the African Drums, but stopped half way to get some pretty pictures by a bridge.

This was me getting all fancy with the camera while I waited for my models to arrive on set.

And there they are!

Bambi and her mom then went off to use the other two Expedition Everest FastPasses while the kids banged on the drums and I ran for Kali River Rapids FastPasses.

The posted wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was about 30 minutes, but we jumped in line anyway...and waited probably 50 to 60 minutes. The man in front of us had a shirt from the Clearwater Marine Aquarium (made famous by the movie "Dolphin Tale" about Winter, a dolphin that lost her tail and learned to swim with a prosthetic.) Madison and Evan loved that movie, so they had a nice conversation about the park and the dolphin so it helped the time go by a little quicker.

Finally, we were seated in our truck and I found out the reason for all the bumpity bumpity on the ride...

That explains a lot, doesn't it?

Ryder didn't seem to notice the bumps much. But then again, he was only 5 months old. He didn't seem to notice a lot of things.

The ride as pretty typical - some animals eating, some animals wandering the savanahs, a lion laying around doing nothing. But it was after we got off the safari that we saw the coolest thing - a Silverback gorilla playing in a stream.

He was playing around with a food bowl, splashing around in the water and getting wet. And he gave us an idea...

It's time to get wet ourselves! Who says you can't learn anything from the animals?

Bambi didn't feel like walking around the park soaking wet, but her dad and I are not that smart and decided it would be a good idea.

After the first deluge:

I have no idea who these people are, but they seemed to enjoy the ride too.

After our thorough soaking, Evan started thinking. (Note: this is usually NOT a good thing). He was soaked to the bone and trying to find a way to dry off. So he came to the conclusion that acactus is dry, so....

Stand like a cactus! The kid's a genius!

(continued in next post...)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #351
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Animal Kingdom (Part 2)

The kids wanted to head back to Dinoland to ride Primeval Hurl and play in the Boneyard, but Bambi, Ryder and I had to make a pit stop along the way...

We also learned a few things.
#1. Pooh loves babies.

#2. Eeyore loves babies.

#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies. Weird, huh? Pooh and Eeyore were all over Ryder, tickling his toes, rubbing his belly, etc. Tigger? He pretty much wanted nothing to do with him - keeping his distance. Maybe he's scared of babies?

And last and certainly the most important lesson....

#4. Never trust a Canadian with a Photopass account.

Thanks Brian. I'll now remember my honeymoon with Tigger until the end of my days.

We met up with the rest of the family in Dinoland then walked over to Flametree BBQ for a nice lunch down by the water. Mmmmm....chicken.

The kids wanted to get in some swimming time before our early dinner that night, so we made for the front of the park. We did stop for a few pictures on the way out.

Now, I have to stop right here and give a little bit of advice to all of you new parents bringing babies to Animal Kingdom. If you don't do the following with your youngster, I will never, ever speak to you again. This is essential to their development and you are doing a great disservice to your child if you don't do this.

Trust me, you'll thank me later.

So we headed back to the Boardwalk, changed into our swimming suits and headed for the pool.

And just to prove that its not all freaky clowns, Dumbo makes a cameo appearance at the pool.

Up Next...The Worst Disney Dinner Ever, and that practice I was telling you about.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #352
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Remember that pixie dust pizza that nice lady gave us last night? BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!
Looks delicious! And it consists of the most important food groups... with the exception of possibly bacon.

Quote:
Bambi and the kids headed for a ride on Dumbo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather
I knew they were related!

Quote:
The best part of the ride is that if you do actually hurl, the spinning of the ride vehicle will make a nice spiral pattern of your projectile vomiting. See? Imagineers think of the coolest stuff!
Designed to encourage sharing!

Quote:
We got off, and the kids absolutely loved the ride.
But what did the Ice Monkey think of it?

Quote:
Madison can be "take it or leave it" on Everest and today she happened to be both - she wanted to leave it and let us take it. So Evan and I braved the Yeti first.
Suit yourself!

Quote:
The posted wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was about 30 minutes, but we jumped in line anyway...and waited probably 50 to 60 minutes.
Brutal... especially when you typically expect the line to be less than posted if anything.

Quote:
After our thorough soaking, Evan started thinking. (Note: this is usually NOT a good thing).
Obviously, he takes after you.

Quote:
So how long did it take him to dry off???

Quote:
#1. Pooh loves babies.

#2. Eeyore loves babies.

#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies.
Maybe they don't bounce around enough?

Quote:

You're just now learning this??? Never trust a Canadian. Period.

Quote:
We met up with the rest of the family in Dinoland then walked over to Flametree BBQ for a nice lunch down by the water. Mmmmm....chicken.
Really??? No ribs???

Quote:
Now, I have to stop right here and give a little bit of advice to all of you new parents bringing babies to Animal Kingdom. If you don't do the following with your youngster, I will never, ever speak to you again. This is essential to their development and you are doing a great disservice to your child if you don't do this.
Well, let me just say this. Had you actually written this TR in a timely manner, I'd have seen this little PSA in time and done it. But since you didn't, I didn't. If you have to refrain from ever speaking to me again, I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Quote:
And just to prove that its not all freaky clowns, Dumbo makes a cameo appearance at the pool.
Very Circusy.

Quote:
Up Next...The Worst Disney Dinner Ever, and that practice I was telling you about.
Well, this has gotta be good.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #353
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You really are slow...

That changed about 6 or 7 years ago. The whole state has Daylight savings time now.

But most of the state is Eastern Time except for the NW and SW corners.
Shh...keep it quiet. I already get annoyed having to spend the two weeks of the Covered Bridge Festival driving around on backroads just to get to Wal-Mart thanks to all the traffic. Not that I know why people bother anyway. Seen one flea market, then you've seen 'em all LOL.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #354
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
You could do much worse.

Quote:
I took our tickets and headed straight for Expedition Everest to grab FastPasses while Bambi and the kids headed for a ride on Dumbo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather.
Are you sure you didn't skip a generation in there?

Quote:
Is that the voice of experience talking?

Quote:
Madison can be "take it or leave it" on Everest and today she happened to be both - she wanted to leave it and let us take it. So Evan and I braved the Yeti first.
Did you at least put her to work fixing the Yeti?

Quote:
This was me getting all fancy with the camera while I waited for my models to arrive on set.

Quote:
The posted wait for Kilimanjaro Safaris was about 30 minutes, but we jumped in line anyway...and waited probably 50 to 60 minutes.

Quote:
Ryder didn't seem to notice the bumps much. But then again, he was only 5 months old. He didn't seem to notice a lot of things.

Ryder is not impressed.

Quote:
After our thorough soaking, Evan started thinking. (Note: this is usually NOT a good thing). He was soaked to the bone and trying to find a way to dry off. So he came to the conclusion that acactus is dry, so....

It's also a good version of the crane technique, so you can't attack him either.

Quote:
#3. Tigger DOES NOT love babies. Weird, huh? Pooh and Eeyore were all over Ryder, tickling his toes, rubbing his belly, etc. Tigger? He pretty much wanted nothing to do with him - keeping his distance. Maybe he's scared of babies?
Now I wouldn't have guessed that. Maybe he doesn't like someone else being the center of attention?

Quote:

Thanks Brian. I'll now remember my honeymoon with Tigger until the end of my days.

Quote:
Best. Counter-service. Ever.

Quote:
I'm pushing 40. I might throw my back out if I tried that.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #355
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Barry. I do have to say that pizza looks disgusting (I'm sorry...if it's not Chicago pizza, it's disgusting!).

Evan just cracks me up...he is such a hoot.

The pictures of Ryder with Pooh and Eeyore are priceless. I must say I lvoe the one of Ryder sticking his tongue out at Eeyore. And shame on Tigger for not feeling the baby love. I'll have to yell at him when I see him.

Great family photopass; and I can see that Madison who is already a booming actress, will be a great mommy too one day.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #356
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I'm loving the updates. Ryders expression in the Eeyore pics is brill. I loled that your Happily ever after pic with Tigger
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #357
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
#2. Eeyore loves babies.

Love these. The tongue sticking out and then the "what ARE you " face.

Quote:

Even Ryder feels snubbed.

Quote:

Priceless
Quote:

Trust me, you'll thank me later.
Love the shot but very scary clouds behind you.

Quote:
So we headed back to the Boardwalk, changed into our swimming suits and headed for the pool.

At first I thought - not going to happen with those clouds, but I happy to know you got to swim.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear about it.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #358
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Hahaha You and my hubby have a lot in common, he has held both of our sons up just like Simba, before they even came home from the hospital! He has not, however, done the pose at AK! Definitely on our list of FP shots in April!!!

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
Old 02-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #359
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03 View Post
Hahaha You and my hubby have a lot in common, he has held both of our sons up just like Simba, before they even came home from the hospital! He has not, however, done the pose at AK! Definitely on our list of FP shots in April!!!
Our FP person did not find it funny. She didn't even want to take the picture. Hope you have a better photographer.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #360
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3yore View Post
Our FP person did not find it funny. She didn't even want to take the picture. Hope you have a better photographer.
oh no! really?! I would think more people with babies would do that!

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: