Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #151
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
So if someone were to slip him a map of Legoland in Denmark...
He probably wouldn't be able to read it. He's having a hard enough time with English, let along Denmarkian or whatever they talk over there.

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of drama and bodychecks to me.
Two Evans, working together, would have gotten you in front of that bus.

Quote:
You're really selling this place!
Like I told Andy, the sketchy areas were quite a ways away from Legoland. You actually drive through a very nice area of Winter Haven to get there. And it's right across the street from a Kmart. Just in case you need some boxer shorts.

Quote:
Yeah, that's a bit existential for a theme park.
Hold on a sec, I've got to Google that word.

Quote:
Well, that's a relief. In more ways than one.
The toilet paper, on the other hand...

Quote:
I love a good smelting in the morning.
Did you know that they use coke in the smelting process? Or if they're going for a lighter metal, they use diet coke.

Quote:
Where's the fun in that? The lawyers are ruining everything.
Get rid of the laws, and you get ride of the lawyers. I'm just sayin...

Quote:
Surely you explored The East Part Of Legoland or maybe The West Part Of Legoland.
We never got that far, but we did go to that part just over the hill and the other area with the tall thing.

Quote:
Enough! Please, make it stop!
Not until we shake all the giggle out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh my....this is just too funny.
You've met her. You're not surprised, are you?

Quote:
If I wasn't laughing hard enough on the "dramatics", this put me over the edge...I literally had to run to the ladies room.
I hope you made it in time.

Quote:
It's called independence!
You've raised two kids to adulthood. This "independence" thing stops, right? And they go back to doing everything you tell them to, right? RIGHT??

Quote:
Oh, look at that little cutie pie...looks just like his mommy.
Lucky kid.

Quote:
Great update, Barry. Legoland looks really cool for the kids.
They were having a great time!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #152
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Madison & Evan looked like they were having the time of their lives on that bouncy ride. Just by the photos you can hear them laughing! They just bring a smile your face.
I can still hear the squealing laughter every time I look back at those pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Ryder's like eh little help here, I can't really see! So cute
He didn't have his core muscles very strong yet, so there was a of tipping on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Enjoyed the last couple updates! That sandwich at EoS looks great! (I should not read these updates before dinner, I guess). We did Winter/Summerland too...really fun theming! Of course, we didn't spring for the baby-strapped-to-your-chest bonus on that trip. I've never seen anything about Legoland, so that was neat to see what it is. Kids really must have loved that bouncy ride...cute! (Of course, I can't help but wonder if that guy next to them was also having the time of his life...)
You'd be surprised what you're capable of doing with a baby strapped to your chest. Speaking of which - any baby pictures floating around out there?

If riding a bouncy ride with my kids doesn't give you the time of your life, you need professional help.
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #153
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I can see us going to Legoland in the future. Great pictures!

The pics of Madison & Eva on the bouncy thing-a-muh-jiggy are priceless!!!

Looks like Ryder was partying it up in that stroller.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #154
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
You know those bins that you can store your backpacks in when you get on the ride? They had nothing to do with where we left the baby. I was just wonder if you knew about them. We left the baby in the semi-capable hands of Bambi's parents while we rode. What harm can they do it 15 minutes?
although those bins would probably work as well.

gotcha i didnt remember they were there.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #155
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You'd be surprised what you're capable of doing with a baby strapped to your chest. Speaking of which - any baby pictures floating around out there?
So far, I've taken the dog for walks, done some laundry, and done some DIS-ing with a baby strapped to my chest...but no mini-golf!

There are indeed some pictures. The Dec. 2013 PTR link in my signature will get you there. Table of Contents in the first post and there are links to pictures towards the end of the list. I just posted her newborn photos tonight!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 10-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #156
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I can see us going to Legoland in the future. Great pictures!
They position themselves for the under-12 crowd and they do a good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Looks like Ryder was partying it up in that stroller.
I think I'll hang a disco ball from the ceiling for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
although those bins would probably work as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
So far, I've taken the dog for walks, done some laundry, and done some DIS-ing with a baby strapped to my chest...but no mini-golf!

There are indeed some pictures. The Dec. 2013 PTR link in my signature will get you there. Table of Contents in the first post and there are links to pictures towards the end of the list. I just posted her newborn photos tonight!
She's adorable!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #157
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Two Evans, working together, would have gotten you in front of that bus.
I believe this. I'm sure they would have stolen my wallet too.

Quote:
Like I told Andy, the sketchy areas were quite a ways away from Legoland. You actually drive through a very nice area of Winter Haven to get there. And it's right across the street from a Kmart. Just in case you need some boxer shorts.
But Kmart sucks.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #158
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

LEGOLAND, Part 2

After the kids got off the Beetle Bounce for the second time, we were able to corral them, force then into a corner and get them tied up and tossed over the stroller so we could continue on down the path in the Land of Adventure for about another 17 feet. There we came to Pharaoh's Revenge. I would have thought something like Pharaoh's Revenge would have more Biblical-type plagues: rivers of blood, mass genocide of slaves, raining frogs, etc. But it was just a two story mesh tent type structure with air cannons that shot foam balls at other kids. Still fun, and probably easier to get past the legal team. While the kids played, I commiserated with a pretty stubborn looking donkey.

Continuing on, the next attraction was Safari Trek. Think Kilimanjaro Safari, but the animals are made out of Lego. And no corny poaching story line.

The ride vehicles are tiny (at least to me) safari Jeeps that the kids get to "drive." It's not a very long track, and you can see all of the animal displays from outside the attraction, negating the need to cram your rear end into what's essentially an oversized Power Wheel.

Next Stop: Coastersaurous!

It's a long, wooden roller coaster. Lots of hills and you really get some speed going on it. The biggest problem is that while it's two across seating, there is only one lap bar. Thus, it stops when it hits the larger person's thighs. And if a larger person (like me) is riding with a smaller person (like Madison) the smaller person doesn't get the benefit of the restraint system, sending her sliding across the seat with each turn and up into the air with each hill. Oh, don't feel bad for her. That made the ride all the more enjoyable for the little daredevil.

This was also, unfortunately, the place where the camera battery died. And since we were also going to water park today, we packed very light and left our regular park bag at Grandma & Grandpa's house. You know the bag - the one that you keep your spare battery in. So, from here on out the pictures will be courtesy of my crappy iPhone camera and the waterproof camera.

Lunch was at the BBQ pit. Nice pull pork sandwich served on a pita bread. Interesting combination, but it worked quite well.

We continued on down the road to the next themed area - Lego City. Again, the Naming Department* came up with a bang-up descriptive name.

*Something tells me that this department actually exists within the Legoland corporate structure. And the best they could come up with for their own department name was Naming Department.

First stop: Boating School!

Yes, they let the kids actually take control of actual boats in actual water and drive them around a water track. And the attraction lived up to it's name of "Boating School." We, as parents, learned that our children should never be trusted to drive a boat. The next attraction down the path was "Driving School." Anyone care to guess what we learned there?

Actually, the Driving School was pretty neat. As the kids make their way through the queue line, they get their photo taken for an official Legoland Driver's License (available at the gift shop for $19.99) then sit through a 5 minute or so classroom briefing on how to drive the cars. They're taught all about stop signs, construction zones, stop lights, etc. The course even has a roundabout in the middle of it. But they didn't bother to teach that, because even most adults don't know how to work them.

After the lesson, the kids were let loose on road!

I lost count of how many red lights, stop signs and yield signs my kids blew through. I don't know what the speed limit was, but I'm sure my kids exceeded it. So, basically, Driving School taught us the same thing that Boating School did: our kids will never be allowed to take control of a motor vehicle. What's next on the map?

Flying School.

Oh Crap.

Luckily, the kids were not allowed to take control of this one as it was just a roller coaster with the train suspended under the track, giving you the feeling of flying. I found a nice shady spot to feed Ryder while Bambi took the kids on the ride. They seemed to like it, but the Water Park was just down the path, it was hot, and we were all ready to go cool off.

We found our locker, stripped down to our bathing suits, and hit the water.

Of course Lego wasn't going to have just a generic water park. There were Lego water features for the kids to play with and giant floating Lego bricks in the lazy river that you could build with on your rafts.

We moved on to the wave pool where Grandma & Grandpa took the kids out deep while Bambi and I stayed back in the shallow end with Ryder.

He seemed....confused... whenever a wave would wash up against him.

The rest of our time in the water park was spend sans-camera as the bigger kids played in the giant interactive water play area complete with giant water bucket drop, squirting fountains, slides, water guns, etc.

We watched the kids play with one eye and kept a close watch on the rapidly approaching storm clouds with the other. The kids wanted to go do the tube slides, but we could see the line was quite long and the dark clouds were coming up fast. We decided to abandon the jam-packed water park and head back out into the relative emptiness of the rest of Legoland.

UP NEXT: Well, the rest of Legoland I guess.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After the kids got off the Beetle Bounce for the second time, we were able to corral them, force then into a corner and get them tied up and tossed over the stroller so we could continue on down the path in the Land of Adventure for about another 17 feet. There we came to Pharaoh's Revenge. I would have thought something like Pharaoh's Revenge would have more Biblical-type plagues: rivers of blood, mass genocide of slaves, raining frogs, etc. But it was just a two story mesh tent type structure with air cannons that shot foam balls at other kids. Still fun, and probably easier to get past the legal team. While the kids played, I commiserated with a pretty stubborn looking donkey.

A striking resemblance if I do say so myself since I've met you in person.

Continuing on, the next attraction was Safari Trek. Think Kilimanjaro Safari, but the animals are made out of Lego. And no corny poaching story line.

The ride vehicles are tiny (at least to me) safari Jeeps that the kids get to "drive." It's not a very long track, and you can see all of the animal displays from outside the attraction, negating the need to cram your rear end into what's essentially an oversized Power Wheel.

Next Stop: Coastersaurous!

The themeing is fabulous and you did great with the pictures. Good you learned early in your kids' lives to never let them steer a boat or a car...if you think you worry about them now, just wait!

Great update, Barry.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #160
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Maybe you should lay off the cheese for a while?

Quote:
Think Kilimanjaro Safari, but the animals are made out of Lego. And no corny poaching story line.
And with a more active lion.

Quote:
We, as parents, learned that our children should never be trusted to drive a boat.
Hey, as long as nobody drowned, that's what's important!

Quote:
The course even has a roundabout in the middle of it. But they didn't bother to teach that, because even most adults don't know how to work them.
I don't know why engineers these days are in love with those things. Mark???

Quote:
It is a good thing they have such a tall curb there. The lego man walking the lego dog would probably have to be rebuilt several times a day otherwise.

Quote:
I lost count of how many red lights, stop signs and yield signs my kids blew through. I don't know what the speed limit was, but I'm sure my kids exceeded it. So, basically, Driving School taught us the same thing that Boating School did: our kids will never be allowed to take control of a motor vehicle. What's next on the map?
Well, they can't be much worse than a certain pickup truck driver in your neighborhood.

Quote:
Flying School.
I feel the need.
The need for speed.

Quote:
Luckily, the kids were not allowed to take control of this one as it was just a roller coaster with the train suspended under the track, giving you the feeling of flying.
Darn, that would have been really interesting.

Quote:
giant floating Lego bricks in the lazy river that you could build with on your rafts
That sounds pretty awesome. Where are the pictures of those?

Quote:
UP NEXT: Well, the rest of Legoland I guess.
Did you consult the Lego Naming Department for your teaser?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #161
amandaw
DIS Veteran

There's more to Legoland than I would have thought. The Driving School does look cute! I had to laugh at your comment about roundabouts. There are a lot of those where I live. They are wonderful for traffic - if people know how to use them.

The waterpark looks like a lot of fun! Hope the storms clouds didn't stick around for a long time.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #163
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

My 10 year old son would love Legoland. I wonder if the driving school would benefit my 16 year old daughter. Someone needs to teach her to drive but I am too afraid.

All your pictures look great even though you had to use a different camera.

Me DH DD DS
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #164
E3yore
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Those little Power Wheels were fast. I think we finished the ride in 30 seconds.
Quote:

So, basically, Driving School taught us the same thing that Boating School did: our kids will never be allowed to take control of a motor vehicle. What's next on the map?
NEVER. As in the number of years in which they will be allowed to drive on our insurance has not yet been invented.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #165
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

How in the world does one dis from the iPhone? I'm so confused. Trying to sub to this so I can see all those fun Lego pics when I get home. Everything I do tiny oh here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: