Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Shoreside concierge comes through!

We put in our requests at the new 125 day mark and this morning (the 120 day mark) received notice that everything we asked for has been confirmed!

Dinner at Palo and at Remy, 2 Spa treatments each for MRs U and me, Cabana 19 on Serenity beach, a tour on St THomas--along with our Rotation #1 dining request and a request for the exact same table (74) we had last cruise!!
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
We put in our requests at the new 125 day mark and this morning (the 120 day mark) received notice that everything we asked for has been confirmed!

Dinner at Palo and at Remy, 2 Spa treatments each for MRs U and me, Cabana 19 on Serenity beach, a tour on St THomas--along with our Rotation #1 dining request and a request for the exact same table (74) we had last cruise!!
Congrats, they normally do come through.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Of course always possible competition from other concierge guests--especially with the cabana!!
Vacation Club since 1992
Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

So happy for you! I know that this is the icing on the cake for you. Have a Fantastic cruise...
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #5
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleromulus View Post
Of course always possible competition from other concierge guests--especially with the cabana!!
Yes thats true but they normally come through, sometimes its whipped up here a bit more than its required, yes Cabanas go fast but concierge get a good claim on them at 120 days Platinum come in and there is a lot of those.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
Bettyscruise
Mouseketeer

Same report here... Shoreside made all the reservations and patiently answered all of my first-timer questions. By coincidence we also have Cabana # 19 on Nov 1. I could get spoiled.

MAGIC Halloween Cruise 2014

Last edited by Bettyscruise; 07-04-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Bettyscruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Congrats, they normally do come through.
Harumph. They had a system error when I sent in my email, and didn't get it until my 120 day; they emailed me about it the morning (not around midnight eastern) of the 120 responding to that and my "never mind" email I sent, so if I hadn't done my own booking that night (pacific time makes that easier), which I did because I just had a feeling about it all, I wouldn't have gotten the cabana. I think I only did anyway because it's a double dip so there were twice as many cabana opportunities as normal.

They normally come through, but Disney IT nearly messed me up!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Harumph. They had a system error when I sent in my email, and didn't get it until my 120 day; they emailed me about it the morning (not around midnight eastern) of the 120 responding to that and my "never mind" email I sent, so if I hadn't done my own booking that night (pacific time makes that easier), which I did because I just had a feeling about it all, I wouldn't have gotten the cabana. I think I only did anyway because it's a double dip so there were twice as many cabana opportunities as normal.

They normally come through, but Disney IT nearly messed me up!
NOT good
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
NOT good
It worked out, but not because of anything on Disney's side. If I hadn't stayed up, figuring that shoreside would come through, and hadn't gotten what I wanted, it would have felt a whole lost worse, that's for sure!

They seemed very relieved that I had done it myself.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #10
mca
Mouseketeer

We are on the oct 18 san juan repo and concierge came through for us also with cabana #5 as requested.

At the 110 day mark I went online to add a Palo brunch but no times were available. I sent an email to concierge service and next morning received an email for our requested 10:30 time slot.

PAST VISITS: 2/92 Off Site, 2/94 Off site, 3/97 Off site, 3/05 Off site, 3/05 DCL 3 nt Bahamas(Wonder), 3/06 Off site, 3/07 Off site, 3/08 Off site, 3/08 DCL 7 nt Eastern(Magic), 12/08 Disneyland Paradise Pier, 2/09 VWL, 2/09 DCL 7 nt Western(Magic),10/09 Coronado Springs Resort, 10/09 DCL 3 nt Bahamas(Wonder), 2/10 DCL 7 nt Eastern(Magic), 2/10 BLT MK & Treehouse Villas, 7/10 DCL 12 nt Baltic Northern Capitals, 7/10 Disneyland Paris, 3/11 DCL 3 nt Bahamas(Dream), 3/11 AKV Jambo Concierge,7/11 10 nt Mediterranean(Magic), 3/12 DCL 5 night Bahamas(Dream), 3/12 BCV & OKW, 7/12 Disneyland Grand Californian, 7/12 ABD Lights, Camera, Magic Tour,3/13 DCL 7 night Eastern(Fantasy), 12/13 WDW Off Site, 3/14 Aulani, 3/14 NCL 7 night Hawaii (Pride of America),10/14 DCL 7 night Southern Caribbean (Magic),10/14 DCL 3 night Repositioning in Royal Suite (Magic).

UPCOMING TRIPS:03/15 Vegas Baby!
mca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #11
Weedy
DIS Veteran

FYI the table #'s change so table 74 may not be in the same place as it was your last cruise
Weedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #12
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy View Post
FYI the table #'s change so table 74 may not be in the same place as it was your last cruise
Already thought of that--Shoreside says they are the same.

And even if not, we'll get a table for just the 2 of us.
Vacation Club since 1992
Old 07-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #13
DISNEY FANTASY

I will give them a location not a number so:-
Near crush.
Enchanted garden booths.
Middle of dinning room not next go a serving station.

Etc.
* Disney Magic -
Old 07-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #14
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Awesome! Looking forward to your review of the cruise and especially the specialty dining.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #15
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Awesome! Looking forward to your review of the cruise and especially the specialty dining.
Vacation Club since 1992

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: