Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #31
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAMANDLISA
I found out that I was pregnant with our last the day we were leaving for WDW. When we got to Magic Kingdom, I sent him off with the other two to grab something and quickly located a CM and told them my news and that I really wanted to surprise my husband. They were so excited and said to meet them at a special meet n greet with Cindy at Town Hall at a certain time.

While we were getting our pics taken with our the royal couple, Mickey Mouse busts into the room with a giant box that says "From Mickey" on the top. My husband opens the box, and inside was a sweet yellow onesie, baby's first ears and tons of Mickey confetti. On the inside lid, he wrote "Gosh, Congratulations on your new baby! Ha-ha! Your Pal, Mickey Mouse".

The look on his face was priceless.....3 minutes later when he finally figured it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Panic Attack

as an idea for a special spot, you could find an attraction sign that discourages expectant mothers....point to the statement and say "I guess I'll have to sit this one out".....reveal the shirt....release the pigeons...strike up the band...you get the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess
Family ahead of us at VISA character greet in August had Mickey ears on Mom, Dad & Sister. Grandma & Grandpa are taking pictures along with photopass photographer. Mom starts holding a set of ears over her belly & I comment to DH...oh she's pregnant....right away. She asked grandma at least 3 times "did you get all 4(heavy enphasis here) pairs of ears?" Grandma clicks away another 5 pics before getting the message! LOL....she was sooo engrossed in getting the perfect shot!

OP, congratulations to you & your family!! Have fun with whatever you decide to do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkrin
The photo below is not how I told DH or DD, but how we announced it to our family and friends. Everyone loved it!!
Love love love all of these!!!! Hopefully one day DH and I will get too
Leleluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #32
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkrin View Post
The photo below is not how I told DH or DD, but how we announced it to our family and friends. Everyone loved it!!

What a sweet picture!
munchkinsmomma24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #33
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Wow, you guys are very creative. I just waved the damn stick in front of my hubby. The look in his face was totally priceless!!

Hoping for Dec. 2015!
pigletgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #34
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Dh was determined that we were going to keep this to ourselves for a bit, so I've already started planning the perfect WDW shot to use as our announcement. And then tonight at a family dinner he kept suggesting we announce it. No, darn it! Now I want my magic pregnancy announcement shot
Old 09-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #35
TarheelDisneyMom
Earning My Ears

We told my daughter we were pregnant with her baby brother when we checked in at AKL by getting her a "Celebration" pin and writing in "being a big sister". You can get the blank ones where you write in what you're celebrating. Then while on our trip we went to the Design-A-Tee shop at DD and had one made that said "Surprise! I'm going to be a big sister! Coming Fall 2011" she wore the shirt home so when we visited my parents & siblings that night they saw her "new" shirt and found out that way. It went over great!

Me 31 DH 35 DD 7
1984 -1996 Offsite Numerous Times ~ 12/98 Offsite Honeymoon ~ 12/06 Offsite with the whole family DD's 1st visit ~ 12/07 ASMo ~ 12/08 AKL Savannah View for our 10th Anniversary ~ 11/09 AKL Grand Gathering & MVMCP ~ 3/10 Last Minute Surprise Trip for DD POFQ ~ 10/10 Girls Only Trip with DD's Friends POR ~ 12/10 1st Trip as DVC Members to SS & MVMCP

TarheelDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #36
AuntieKels
Mouseketeer

I love reading all your ideas here!

I just saw my very first extra pink line yesterday. I'm so happy but also scared since this is my first one. I was also wondering if there's a board on the DIS that is meant for expectant mothers?

Congrats everyone!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #37
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieKels View Post
I love reading all your ideas here!

I just saw my very first extra pink line yesterday. I'm so happy but also scared since this is my first one. I was also wondering if there's a board on the DIS that is meant for expectant mothers?

Congrats everyone!
Woohoo! Congratulations! I think no matter what number it is, it's exciting and scary all at the same time I'm not aware of an expectant moms board on here. Babycenter.com has really active "birth boards" that group you with other moms due during the same month.,
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjoyful2 View Post
Thanks everyone for the congrats & ideas! I'm still shocked yet thankful at the timing of this! I took another test a bit ago just to make sure and there is no denying that line!

I have till Monday (our birthdays/anniversary) to pull this off and hope they don't figure it out in the mean time.
Just wondering how it went!!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #39
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

How about getting the "I'm Celebrating" button and writing "I'm Pregnant" at the bottom.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #40
tkd27
Earning My Ears

My wife was pregnant on our first trip. It was the two of us, plus her brother, his wife and their two kids. The two kids were being surprised about both the trip and soon-to-be cousin. They thought they were accompanying us to the airport to send us off (which they POed about, because we were leaving on something like a 4am flight). Then my wife got to surprise them that they were coming with us (she had been teasing them for months about how she'd say hi to Mickey for them, etc.). After that excitement wore down, she surprised them with the fact that they were also going to be having a little cousin coming soon (the adults all knew, but we didn't make it really public until after we got back from the trip).

On the trip itself, we took pictures of her holding Mickey ears up to her belly, mainly because we figured we might not ever come back (or at least not for a long time), and we wanted to have that pic for when our daughter tried to say, "you've never taken me to Disney!" As it turns out, Disney is WAY more affordable than we thought, so now we think it'll be something we do with the kids fairly regularly (actually, I'm trying to convince my wife to buy into the DVC, but that's another story).

The one thing I wish we did, and this could be fun for anyone else looking to "announce," is that I wish we asked for an extra "1st Time" pin and put it on her belly. I think that would have been fun
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #41
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

For my last we were planning a Disney trip. I had a countdown ticker for the trip. I then added a pregnancy ticker to the page as well. I left the screen up and told him to go look at a post. Well, he noticed the ticker and was like...what! He was thrilled.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
pigget74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
imjoyful2
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone, we are sadly home now after 10 days at Disney! Thanks again for sharing your stories and giving me ideas of how to surprise the family with baby #7.

Monday the 24th was my birthday, hubby's birthday & our 14th anniversary. I went to our hotel concierge that morning to see if they had any suggestions to help. They were clueless. It was 2 older ladies who looked at me like I was odd for asking for ideas/help.

We had planned to go to MK that morning so once we arrived, I sent them to go get my youngest 2 a set of ears since they didn't have any yet and I went to City Hall as my card was acting up anyway. While there I told Megan what that day was and said I wanted to surprise them with the announcement. She got tears in her eyes and said hold on. She went to the back to ask some others for ideas. She came out after bit & said that every idea they had come up with involving a meeting spot with a character was closed due to construction or maintenance. But she said she'd take me to the shop next door and pick out a Disney baby character to wrap up to give to my family along with a "I'm celebrating" button.

She & I stealthy dashed out to the store so my family wouldn't see us. Once there we looked at the different baby animals, then she said baby Mickey or Minnie would be cute. She said well, since you don't know what you are having, let's get one of each. She then took them up front & had them boxed & wrapped up (all this at NO cost to me, WOW!)

I then met up with my family and explained that the bag I was carrying was given to me since they heard it was our birthdays/anniversary today. Our next stop was to the castle to take some pics of the kids with their hats. It was packed in front of Walt's statue so we went to the other side. I gave them the bag for my hubby & kids to each open a box. They at first were like wow, these are cute. I said they are not for Olivia (my youngest). They paused then you can see by this pic it clicked for my one daughter and she yelled out "You're pregnant!"

Then another daughter came running...

They had been asking for several months if I was and I told them to quit asking, so that's why they had all been hesitant to say anything that morning.

Once we were done with our time in MK that day, we stopped back by city hall to thank Megan again. She loved hearing how it went and gave all the kids "I'm celebrating" buttons & wrote new baby on the bottom.

It was a memorable trip from the beginning as the kids were told only a week before we left that we were going to the "Outer Banks". At 6am the morning we left, we pulled up to the airport so they were surprised to find out we were flying to "the beach". After we got inside the airport, I had to put on the tags for Magical Express so they then found out we were going to Disney. While waiting a bit later, we surprised our oldest (twins) with their early birthday present of a camera for their 13th birthdays. THEN about 45 minutes before boarding, they got surprised by our/their friends showing up to go with us. Then finding out about the new baby. I don't think we could ever top these last 2 weeks!

Course the joke now is that it's a sign that since the CM gave us BOTH a baby Mickey & Minnie, that we are having twins again. Will find out on Monday!

The only thing that would've made this trip perfect was if our son Noah could've been here with us. But our sweet boy was still included in pictures with his Mickey ears!

_______
Jenn

DH-Kevin
DD13 DD13 DD 11 DS9 DS2 DD1

'12 AS
'09 AS
'04 POR
'02 POR
Treasuring Life's Blessings
imjoyful2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

That turned out so sweet....I pray one day I can surprise my kiddos and husband like that. We've had multiple losses and have been trying for years, I would LOVE to announce it at Disney

Congratulations on your little one (or ones LOL).

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #44
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjoyful2 View Post
Hey everyone, we are sadly home now after 10 days at Disney! Thanks again for sharing your stories and giving me ideas of how to surprise the family with baby #7.

Then another daughter came running...

They had been asking for several months if I was and I told them to quit asking, so that's why they had all been hesitant to say anything that morning.

SO happy it worked out so perfectly!!!!!!!!!
You have a beautiful family and hope you share your boy/girl results with us
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #45
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Oh how fun!!! I'm so glad your announcement went so well, and what a great pixie dust moment with the CM!

I love the mickey ears picture - beautiful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: