Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
Peter Panic Attack
sudden, discrete periods of intense anxiety coupled with a refusal to grow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Get a shirt made and then put something over it until you are in a special spot that announces it!!
as an idea for a special spot, you could find an attraction sign that discourages expectant mothers....point to the statement and say "I guess I'll have to sit this one out".....reveal the shirt....release the pigeons...strike up the band...you get the picture.
Oct 1989 - WDW offsite - honeymoon * Dec 1991 - WDW offsite - went with friends * Nov 2001 - DL - kids first trip * Aug 2002 - DL - barely counts, only 1 day * Oct 2005 - WDW CBR - big resort, hurts my feet just thinking about it * Dec 2007 - WDW POFQ - first MVMCP * Dec 2009 - WDW POFQ * Nov 2012 - WDW POFQ * Oct 2013 - DL * Nov 2014 - WDW AKL

Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died - In memoriam: Pal Mickey
Trip report:The Day the Mickey Died II - Saving Mr. Panic Attack
Peter Panic Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
disneyshan
Mouseketeer

Special order a cake to one of your table service meals with a picture of Rafiki holding Simba up (announcing his birth).

February 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort (first Disney Vacation at 27!); December 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 months pregnant with DS); January 2011 - POP (Mom and Me trip) ; May 2011 - AsSP (DS's first steps on his first Disney Vacation at 13 months); January 2012 - POFQ (5 months pregnant with DS#2) Cancelled due to Illness Booo!; April 2013 - First Trip with two children! Offsite (Hilton Grand Vacations Seaworld); April 2014 - Split stay. AKL and Offsite (HGVS);
disneyshan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I would say if you were further along there's Mickey and Minnie pins that are them as infants. I was talking to a woman who had on the Minnie baby pin.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
Mom2Ben02
Our little souvenir from WDW was baby #2! :-)

I want to get pregnant just so I can do something fun like this!

What about....http://www.etsy.com/listing/10588116...=0&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_search_type=all
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ben02 View Post
I want to get pregnant just so I can do something fun like this!

What about....http://www.etsy.com/listing/10588116...=0&ga_includes[]=tags&ga_search_type=all
I saw this one yesterday, and almost cried it was so adorable!!! I just don't know if I can justify $35.... But I SO want it. http://www.etsy.com/listing/10588368...ed-with-disney
munchkinsmomma24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #21
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Family ahead of us at VISA character greet in August had Mickey ears on Mom, Dad & Sister. Grandma & Grandpa are taking pictures along with photopass photographer. Mom starts holding a set of ears over her belly & I comment to DH...oh she's pregnant....right away. She asked grandma at least 3 times "did you get all 4(heavy enphasis here) pairs of ears?" Grandma clicks away another 5 pics before getting the message! LOL....she was sooo engrossed in getting the perfect shot!

OP, congratulations to you & your family!! Have fun with whatever you decide to do!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #22
imjoyful2
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the congrats & ideas! I'm still shocked yet thankful at the timing of this! I took another test a bit ago just to make sure and there is no denying that line!

I have till Monday (our birthdays/anniversary) to pull this off and hope they don't figure it out in the mean time.

And that shirt with the baby Mickey parts is adorable!!!

_______
Jenn

DH-Kevin
DD13 DD13 DD 11 DS9 DS2 DD1

'12 AS
'09 AS
'04 POR
'02 POR
Treasuring Life's Blessings
imjoyful2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #23
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjoyful2 View Post
Thanks everyone for the congrats & ideas! I'm still shocked yet thankful at the timing of this! I took another test a bit ago just to make sure and there is no denying that line!

I have till Monday (our birthdays/anniversary) to pull this off and hope they don't figure it out in the mean time.

And that shirt with the baby Mickey parts is adorable!!!
I am right there with you on the shock It's funny because a few months ago I was really wanting to get pregnant, was sure I was a few times even before I was late, cried for days over not being.... And this time I was 10 days late before I even realized anything was going on

Have fun announcing! I ended up telling my hubby yesterday. I made a collage with a picture of each of our children, and then a picture of my belly, put a verse about children being a blessing, and then on the bottom wrote, "May 2013." He just stared at it and then said, "Reaallly???" in a slightly horrified voice It always takes him awhile to warm up to the idea. Probably just as well I didn't try to spring it on him at Disney, because he would have been all horrified, and I would have been expecting and would have probably burst into tears

I still haven't decided when we will tell the kids. We are surprising them with the trip to Disney, so it seems a bit much to surprise them with Disney and then surprise them with a baby! But I want to take a picture at Disney to use to announce to friends, family, etc, and if we tell the kids to early they will spill the beans! So I may tell them on the drive to Florida, since we will be there for a week before we go to Disney for a conference
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Getting the Mickey parts shirt Sometimes it's great being a blogger who can do reviews Woot, woot!
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
imjoyful2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinsmomma24 View Post
I am right there with you on the shock It's funny because a few months ago I was really wanting to get pregnant, was sure I was a few times even before I was late, cried for days over not being.... And this time I was 10 days late before I even realized anything was going on

Have fun announcing! I ended up telling my hubby yesterday. I made a collage with a picture of each of our children, and then a picture of my belly, put a verse about children being a blessing, and then on the bottom wrote, "May 2013." He just stared at it and then said, "Reaallly???" in a slightly horrified voice It always takes him awhile to warm up to the idea. Probably just as well I didn't try to spring it on him at Disney, because he would have been all horrified, and I would have been expecting and would have probably burst into tears

I still haven't decided when we will tell the kids. We are surprising them with the trip to Disney, so it seems a bit much to surprise them with Disney and then surprise them with a baby! But I want to take a picture at Disney to use to announce to friends, family, etc, and if we tell the kids to early they will spill the beans! So I may tell them on the drive to Florida, since we will be there for a week before we go to Disney for a conference
Congrats! And too funny on your DH reaction. We actually surprised the kids with this trip to Disney. They didn't find out till they were at the airport yesterday so finding out about this baby will be the icing on the cake as they've been praying for another sibling. (We lost a son 2 years ago so they have a deeper appreciation for their siblings).

Quote:
Getting the Mickey parts shirt Sometimes it's great being a blogger who can do reviews Woot, woot!
That's great! I too am also a blogger & do reviews in addition to my postings about life. In fact, while here, I am reviewing a stroller from Orlando Rentals, love it!!

_______
Jenn

DH-Kevin

'12 AS
'09 AS
'04 POR
'02 POR
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #26
munchkinsmomma24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjoyful2 View Post
Congrats! And too funny on your DH reaction. We actually surprised the kids with this trip to Disney. They didn't find out till they were at the airport yesterday so finding out about this baby will be the icing on the cake as they've been praying for another sibling. (We lost a son 2 years ago so they have a deeper appreciation for their siblings).

That's great! I too am also a blogger & do reviews in addition to my postings about life. In fact, while here, I am reviewing a stroller from Orlando Rentals, love it!!
I'm sorry for the loss of your son. What a wonderful blessing for them to find out about on this trip!

Yay for bloggers! What stroller are you reviewing? Hoping to rent a double while we are there, since I will have my just turned four year old and 21 month old.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
Sandi12404
Mouseketeer

I was prenant on our last trip and didn't realize it. Never had a moments morning sickness or any other symptom and I've always been irregular so I wasn't worrying about being late. I just couldn't figure out why I didn't feel good on Exedition Everest and Rockin rollercoaster. I was terrified I was outgrowing the ability to ride. It wasn't until I got home and started counting that I figured out what the issue was. My husband jokes that our son is going to hate roller coasters because I traumatized him.

me hubby dd15 dd9 ds 1
Sandi12404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #28
imjoyful2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinsmomma24 View Post
I'm sorry for the loss of your son. What a wonderful blessing for them to find out about on this trip!

Yay for bloggers! What stroller are you reviewing? Hoping to rent a double while we are there, since I will have my just turned four year old and 21 month old.
Thank you. The last 2 years have been a rollercoaster but we are blessed & our son taught us a lot (and continues to). His little sister was even born on his 1st birthday in the same room he was, can't help but see the miracle in that!

I am reviewing the City Single Stroller and so far love it! It's a simple one handed fold, pushes with ease and I love the huge sun shade on it. I've never seen a stroller with that much coverage.

Quote:
My husband jokes that our son is going to hate roller coasters because I traumatized him.
LOL that's too funny!! We've got another week here so I'm praying my morning sickness stays away until we get home.

_______
Jenn

DH-Kevin

'12 AS
'09 AS
'04 POR
'02 POR
Old 09-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #29
Binkrin
Mouseketeer
No longer tagless
Thank goodness I am not a weirdo. I was starting to think so...

The photo below is not how I told DH or DD, but how we announced it to our family and friends. Everyone loved it!!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
Binkrin
Mouseketeer
No longer tagless
Thank goodness I am not a weirdo. I was starting to think so...

I just went back and read the rest of your thread. I am sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage between DD and DS, but I can't imagine what you went through.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: