DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
butsy113
AKV Owner

Split stay.....groceries?

I'm planning a split stay between SSR/AKV. We are using a car service and wanted to stop for groceries on the way. When our bags get transferred will they move our food too? What about the refrigerator/freezer items? TIA!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsy113 View Post
I'm planning a split stay between SSR/AKV. We are using a car service and wanted to stop for groceries on the way. When our bags get transferred will they move our food too? What about the refrigerator/freezer items? TIA!
They will charge you to stop for groceries. So I would ask what it would cost to go from point A to B to C. You may want to use a delivery service instead. Garden Grocers deliver and I have had good service with Mouse Concierge. Many people like WeGo. Then you could use the Magical Express to get there and only use the car service to get from hotel to hotel.

I can't imagine why they would have a problem transferring your groceries when you go to the next resort. Just keep the bags the groceries were in and repack them when you move.

We have a collapsable cooler that we bring when we travel to WDW. It fits well in a suitcase and then pops open to use. You may want to consider purchasing one of these for your refrigerator/freezer items.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
butsy113
AKV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3chantal

They will charge you to stop for groceries. So I would ask what it would cost to go from point A to B to C. You may want to use a delivery service instead. Garden Grocers deliver and I have had good service with Mouse Concierge. Many people like WeGo. Then you could use the Magical Express to get there and only use the car service to get from hotel to hotel.

I can't imagine why they would have a problem transferring your groceries when you go to the next resort. Just keep the bags the groceries were in and repack them when you move.

We have a collapsable cooler that we bring when we travel to WDW. It fits well in a suitcase and then pops open to use. You may want to consider purchasing one of these for your refrigerator/freezer items.
The car service is bringing us from Port Canaveral to WDW. No extra charge for the stop.

I guess I am more worried about the milk, eggs, Eggo's, etc. will the Disney people transferring our bags to the other villa put the things that need to be in the refrigerator/freezer away so they are not ruined?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsy113

The car service is bringing us from Port Canaveral to WDW. No extra charge for the stop.

I guess I am more worried about the milk, eggs, Eggo's, etc. will the Disney people transferring our bags to the other villa put the things that need to be in the refrigerator/freezer away so they are not ruined?
We're doing the same thing, moving from THV to AKV. Bell services will keep your stuff cold.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
butsy113
AKV Owner

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: