Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Anybody seen this yet? First one i saw in the whole park. Fastpass plus queue, you have to walk through the cemetery if you don't have a fastpass.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #32
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Ok so obviously I'm not too good at live trs. Today we were at ak and Epcot, then i took mom to the airport (in the POURING rain) and then checked into old key west. After that, i napped, showered, and headed to mk to meet some friends that live in the area.

Now I'm back at the room, contemplating how bad it would be to go to Epcot when I have to be up early for mk rope drop!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 09-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #33
momjeeps
DIS Veteran

I'm still following. I'll take any Live Disney bits and pieces I can get! Enjoy your trip that's what is important!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Spring Break 2014 DLR PTR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post50753138
November 2012 - 1st WDW Trip after a lifetime of DLR trips No Trip Report - But here is our Photo Book link
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...AatGrNq0bOWbtg
Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #34
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Following along as well! Did you like the Dole whip? We've never tried them. Enjoy your trip and hopefully sunny skies! *cheers!*~ Rebecca

Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Hey, don't stress if you can't get updates done! Enjoy your trip! I'll be here waiting for the full report when you get back, though!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #36
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Ok, I have a little downtime. Freshly showered and relaxing in bed, I figured it's a good time to post a few photos from my day!

First up, MK!

Crowds were really low. I rode the next ride for the first time in probably twenty years and had a ball!

I headed back to the resort for a nap. By this time in my trip I was EXHAUSTED. Next up, I hoped to meet my friends at DHS.

That was my best score yet!

I rode star tours for the first time. I mentioned to the sorter that this was my first time ever riding this, and guess who ended up add the rebel spy? That's right, ME! I didn't know what to expect, so I had a crazy look on my face. Lol!!

I couldn't meet up with my friends, we kept missing each other. So I headed out to Epcot.

My phone was going dead so my pictures became nonexistent.

Now it's bedtime!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 09-22-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #37
natebenma
DIS Veteran

3 parks yesterday?

Hooray for low crowds.

That is the number one thing I love about staying at the BC/YC resort- the ease of getting around the World.

Awesome pictures!!! I have taken the one of the castle from Splash Mtn many times, but I don't have that one from BTM! Nice!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #38
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm back and settled in. I'm also sick with a cold. Soon I'll be back to update everything, but this will be a crazy week - it's quarter close, and September is always a big one for us at work, so I hope for this week to be as smooth as possible. My hope is that I can knock out the worst of this cold before I have to hit the ground sprinting on Monday. Maybe if I feel like getting out of bed tomorrow, I'll find some time.

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 09-22-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #39
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Feel better soon.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #40
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Hey you! I've been so far behind on everything, but I'm going back to read and comment tomorrow hopefully. Loved following on FB.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #41
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I'm back and settled in. I'm also sick with a cold. Soon I'll be back to update everything, but this will be a crazy week - it's quarter close, and September is always a big one for us at work, so I hope for this week to be as smooth as possible. My hope is that I can knock out the worst of this cold before I have to hit the ground sprinting on Monday. Maybe if I feel like getting out of bed tomorrow, I'll find some time.

Welcome back home- hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #42
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yay for you btw losing 11% of your body weight. Trust me girl, I've been doing the same thing. It's hard work!

I love your mom by the way, she's so cute. She totally reminds me of mine.

I love getting entertaining flight attendents! Farrell and I had one on the way back from our trip that was making jokes about what to do if the plane crashes and such. Maybe I have a morbid sense of humor, but I thought it was hysterical.

Seriously, why is it that the Maelstrom always has a line? I just don't get it.

Mmmm, dole whip.

I can't wait to hear what you thought about the Segway! They're just so cool. I loved the tour we did in Chicago.

That was a very impressive score on TSM. I'm so proud!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #43
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay for you btw losing 11% of your body weight. Trust me girl, I've been doing the same thing. It's hard work!

I love your mom by the way, she's so cute. She totally reminds me of mine.

I love getting entertaining flight attendents! Farrell and I had one on the way back from our trip that was making jokes about what to do if the plane crashes and such. Maybe I have a morbid sense of humor, but I thought it was hysterical.

Seriously, why is it that the Maelstrom always has a line? I just don't get it.

Mmmm, dole whip.

I can't wait to hear what you thought about the Segway! They're just so cool. I loved the tour we did in Chicago.

That was a very impressive score on TSM. I'm so proud!
Aw thanks for the comments. I think my mom's pretty cute too; but she just never listens to me. ha!

I've fallen completely off my workout coming home sick. I am using up all of my energy at work and have just been beat. Yesterday I took a nap in my car instead of lunch, and then went home and was hardly able to keep my eyes open - I was laying in bed around 7 and was woken up this morning at 6:30 - yes, 6:30!!! - by Thrifty telling me they don't have my jacket. Did I mention I left my absolutely favorite jacket in the rental car? *sigh* Plans today are for another lunchtime nap and just to get through the day, which is looking daunting.

I could sleep right now. I will be glad to get some energy back and get back on that treadmill!

Then, I hope to start filling in the blanks on the TR, mostly because I love to go back and read these later. I don't know what I'm going to do with NO trips planned until DL next summer. With my AP expiring and some bigger expenses now that I'm living alone, another trip for me seems far, far away.

I've been looking for a PT job; so far, no dice. I'll keep looking though!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #44
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I've been debating how to start this trip report now that I'm home, not sick, and ready to GO.

But I didn't do enough posts to have enough entries to make sure that I'm covering my whole trip. My live TR, sadly, was pretty crappy.

So I'm starting from scratch! Yes, there will be some repeats of things that have already been covered, but I can have my whole trip down in the right order - which is what I want. Maybe I'm a little ADHD, maybe I'm just trying not to be TOO awfully lazy - - or maybe I know I'll have a ton of PTO coming up where I can go crazy with the Cheese Whiz and knock this TR out!!!

If you're just joining here, this is a link to my table of contents (if you just wanna skip around).

So with no further ado.... I present....

My Trip Report!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 10-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #45
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

The Destination, Not the Journey.... No wait, I have that backwards.

The trip had begun: I'm on the plane! Here's an airport picture.

I was unfortunate to have had a reaction to some medicine i was given and was BRIGHT RED. ugh, doctor called in a new prescription though, so I'll be picking that up down in Florida! I actually had a freak-out moment in the morning when I realized I was having an allergic reaction; I loaded up on the benedryl and felt better quickly, but I was bright red for almost two days.

Did I mention that my doctor AND pharmacist pointed out numerous times that I needed to avoid the sun? I told them both that I couldn't help it - so they told me to wear a heavy-duty sunscreen; I slathered myself with 110 spf and did pretty well all week!

Uneventful ride to Orlando! Flight attendant was a RIOT, we were in stitches.

Yay!

So we headed to Thrifty...

Aren't these places so irritating? I finally had to clearly tell the man "I will not be spending one dollar more on this car rental." Even after I told him I had insurance and had gotten the car through credit points, he was NOT backing down.

He WAS very clear that I HAD to take an compactcar, and if I took anything else we'd be charged a premium. He repeated this THREE times. I said I had absolutely no problem with that, but then we got out to the parking lot.

Not a single economy car available. Hmm.

I had mom wait with all of our bags and I went back to the guy with the Thrifty shirt who was standing around directing people.

He assured me it was no problem and I could take a bigger car, but I was hesitant. He finally wrote his name and his approval on my rental stuff, which made me feel better. We grabbed a car and headed out.

We stopped at the character warehouse on the way to ASSports from the airport and got some cheap pins to trade at the parks (I actually never traded mine; I never saw one I wanted on any CM lanyards). I also got a coloring book, a cheap WDW fleece jacket, and the distinct feeling I was getting a bad cold. My nose started running like crazy and I got very congested. This wasn't necessarily the best day of my trip. My GPS on my phone refused to work, so we got VERY lost trying to get to the Disney Outlet in the first place, and traffic was very backed up. Still, I'm glad we stopped!

Mom got some pins, a lanyard, and a t-shirt for herself. Then we were off to the room.

And now we're checked in and sitting at our favorite place.

I didn't get a good pic of our room, but I requested "close to the parking lot" and BOY did we get it! We were the last room on the end, ground floor. It was very helpful when moving out the next day to head to YC. And there was NOONE around us. We were facing the "tennis court" that had the Ducks posing on it.

Then we headed to the one place that would really make us feel like we were on vacation. You know, BESIDES WDW.

Mmm.

We ran to Target next, grabbed some water and groceries, and then headed back to our room to get ready for our FIRST PARK!! But where oh where would we go? We jumped in the car, SUPER excited, and took off - we weren't going to wait for any bus, that's for sure.

So here's a hint:

More soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: