DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
RobPickles
Lurking Around

BLT Laundry Room

You know what really pisses me off is when people are just plain rude when it comes to the Laundry Room.

Twice this trip, my DW went to go do laundry in BLT, put her stuff in and set it all up, stepped out for less than 2 minutes to take my DD2.5 to the bathroom to come back and find our laundry pulled out of the washers and thrown in the corner.

I know she should not technically leave the stuff unattended and before someone says rent a 1BR, yeah I would if we could.

But come on! Two minutes? And this was in the middle of the cycle, not stopped or finished and we were not even using all of the machines. The others were in use by other people. It was almost like they were waiting for you to leave to do it...and then they do not even have the B***S to stick around themselves.

I would never touch someone's stuff even if it was sitting there finished and in the machine without them there to remove it. But what these people did was just uncalled for. It was not even like we could complain, we didn't know who it was who did it - hence this rant.

Anyone have thoughts either way? Would love to hear some input.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPickles
You know what really pisses me off is when people are just plain rude when it comes to the Laundry Room.

Twice this trip, my DW went to go do laundry in BLT, put her stuff in and set it all up, stepped out for less than 2 minutes to take my DD2.5 to the bathroom to come back and find our laundry pulled out of the washers and thrown in the corner.

I know she should not technically leave the stuff unattended and before someone says rent a 1BR, yeah I would if we could.

But come on! Two minutes? And this was in the middle of the cycle, not stopped or finished and we were not even using all of the machines. The others were in use by other people. It was almost like they were waiting for you to leave to do it...and then they do not even have the B***S to stick around themselves.

I would never touch someone's stuff even if it was sitting there finished and in the machine without them there to remove it. But what these people did was just uncalled for. It was not even like we could complain, we didn't know who it was who did it - hence this rant.

Anyone have thoughts either way? Would love to hear some input.

Thanks.
I never heard of someone taking laundry out in the middle of a cycle. Ever. When it was finished, yes, that happens all the time and doesn't bother me. It was pretty jerky.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV

Last edited by vicki_c; 07-31-2012 at 08:40 PM.
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

I have taken people's laundry out at the Ft wilderness cabins laundry room ONLY if it done and I have waited a good 10 to 15 minutes to see if they are coming back. Most of the times when I have done this over 16 years when I come back 20 minutes later to put my clothes in the dryer the same clothes are still sitting there and I put them back in the washer!

My problem is the people who leave the clothes for HOURS! I have never heard of anyone taking clothes out mid cycle that is just wrong!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Mid cycle? I'd take their clothes out and put mine back in.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
moobar25
Mouseketeer

I would have waited removed their clothes and put mine back in. Then I'd have waited around to see if they came back and gave them a piece of my mind.
AKV-CL 1/15, BCV 9/14, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

This happened to your DW twice? That's terrible. I've never seen anyone take out clothes that didn't belong to them. The people who did that are incredibly rude.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
Laila Bryce
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelA
Mid cycle? I'd take their clothes out and put mine back in.
Agreed!
Laila Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

I believe you get a can of whoop ******* for something like that. I'd have my can opener ready! That's just not right.

P.S. In the future if we stay in a studio, note to self......Take my laundry home
Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
RobPickles
Lurking Around

Yeah it was pretty aggrivating...

Like I said she wasn't gone for more than five minutes. Whatever time it took to take mt DD to the bathroom and back. The restrooms were right down the hall too.

I can understand if she was gone for a LONG time and left them in there just sitting there done, but this was not the case. Apparently it was just one rude person/family.

People just really need to learn to share properly and not be greedy.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

boy - that has never happened to me. I even go swimming while the clothes are washing.

so sorry this happened to you.

even when one silly person overloaded the machine and then put in too much laundry detergent..... It was all over the floor. when to the front desk and they called maintence.

now that has happened twice - while I was there. probably the same person....

but I have never had anyone take out my clothes - that is just undisney and rude too.

if it happens to her again - tell her to ask security - lots of time Disney tapes stuff you don't see them taping. would not surprise me if there is a security camera in the laundry room. just because of the nut - that probably costed Disney a pretty penny (since it happened twice) - Pretty sure they would want that person to have lessons before they let him/her near another machine.

boy - never even heard of this happening at Disney. Now at OKW, SSR, bwv and vwl you just leave the clothes and use the other washer/dryer.

the only thing I would think had happened was someone was leaving and needed to do their clothes immediately - but even that is no excuse for even touching someone else things.

if both washers are full and OFF (never when it is on) - and no one is there - you go get a CM to even take the clothes out for you.

did she even ask the people who were there what happened? or were there people there?

I always stay in studio - never had a problem using the laundry mat at any of the DVC resorts.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

How horrible and incredibly rude of that person/family for doing that to your DW . We have stayed in Studios many times (that is normally what we stay in) and have never had anything like this happen to us. We will be staying at BLT for the first time in a few weeks therefore I will be watching my laundry a bit more closely then previous times.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #12
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

Hmmm...I would never want to 'touch' anyone's laundry! Did you see anyone after your return who took the machine? Just curious as I would of mentioned something.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I agree, while the washer or dryer was operating, the clothes should not have been removed. However, if the cycle had finished, there is no way to tell how long it had been over...no way to tell if the clothes had been abandoned. They should have waited abou 10 minutes, and if no one returned to claim then, then they could have removed the clothes.

Now, I've only stayed at OKW, and on the trips when I do stay in a studio and use a laundry room there, I sit out near the pool to wait for the laundry. If someone walks into the laundry room, I let them know I am just outside, and the washer should be done in about xx minutes...I tell them is if it stops before then, just give a holler and I'll be right there to remove them.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
cz4ever
Imagineer-in-training

I'm stunned to hear anybody would remove the clothes mid-cycle. Sure, if you leave them sitting there with the machine done, I can see somebody moving them out. I'd likely wait a few minutes after the cycle ended before moving them. But mid-cycle? OMG, I'd be pissed.

Sorry to hear the news -- hope it didn't put much of a damper on an otherwise great trip!
cz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #15
RobPickles
Lurking Around

Never did find out who did it.

There was a person in there the second time around sitting with a laptop, but he said that he had come in to find the clothes already out and he was actually sitting there waiting for a machine himself.

We moved on to AKL Jambo House after that and my DW had done laundry there a few times as well with no incident at all.

I am chocking it up simply to one stupid person and leaving it at that. It has not happened to us in the past and hopefully will never happen again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: