Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Beerqueen
Earning My Ears

Just back - quick thoughts

Got back from four day break with friends yesterday and just thought I'd share my impressions.

Good - generally had a ball - I was the only one who'd been before so had great fun showing them all around.
New rides for me - Crush's Coaster, RC Racer, Tower of Terror - all brill!
Old rides as good as ever - BTM, Space Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster - loved them!
The fact that there is never a queue for Space Mountain or RnR!!
General ambience - so happy!
The weather!
The steam boat - in glorious sunshine!
Planet Hollywood - great food!
Billy Bob's - loved it in the evening - watching the dancing - especially the jiving (hadn't been there before as been with the kids who weren't really interested)
Getting stuck on BTM and having to walk though the "mines" to get out!
Generally good nature of guests - little queue jumping or pushing etc.
The fact that although the parks weren't meant to be open until 10, we were let in at 9.30 and were on Crush's by 10 to 10!
Stayed off site in Premiere Classe, Bussy St Georges - really good value - basic but who cares - only sleeping there!
The music for the afternoon parade - seriously addictive and fun!
Our last day - everything went right for us!

Not-so-good (I wouldn't say bad though) - was disappointed there were no shows at all in main park - wish they still had Honey I Shrunk the Audience - had stupidly thought first week of September would count as "almost high season" (though I'd realised before we'd gone).
Ditto lack of Fantilusion - I liked Dreams but I think I prefer a parade - everyone can see it so much better and I just wasn't prepared to spend an hour and a half waiting to ensure a good spot where I could see properly. And just when I thought I could see, someone would stand in front with a child on their shoulders.
Queue for Peter Pan - sooooo slow and can never understand why (already had a fast pass for another ride so couldn't get one and stupidly believed the board that said 30 mins). And the queueing area is dire!
The lack of fastpass for Crush's
The fact that Studio Tour was closed - unannounced and unexplained.
Armageddon - always disappointed by this - it should be so much better and I always hope that it'll be better than I remembered!
The grumpiest shop assistant in the whole of DLP who served me in the Village - even though I greeted him cheerily in French, he conducted the whole transaction without a word and without making eye contact (he was the same with the two people in front of me too!)

Here's to the next time!
Beerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Welcome back
Agree on the lack of FP for Crush, such a mistake.
Sounds like a fantastic trip.
Was Planet Hollywood expensive?

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
kizzabel

Oh forgot to ask, is it hard to get from Premiere Classe, Bussy St Georges to DLP?

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Beerqueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Welcome back
Agree on the lack of FP for Crush, such a mistake.
Sounds like a fantastic trip.
Was Planet Hollywood expensive?
I think it was €16 for a delicious burger with loads of filling (salad, mushrooms, onions) and plenty of chips and about €7 for a large beer - so not cheap but good quality (and I only had to pay for myself rather than a whole family!) and I had a 20% off voucher in the Brit book.

From Premiere Classe, it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the station and then about 5-10 minutes on the train which takes you right to the entrance to the parks so you can probably get back to the hotel almost as quickly as you can to the ones on the park! I'm not sure how often the trains run but we never looked at a timetable and just turned up and never had to wait very long. The breakfast was nothing special (though only €5 and as much tea, coffee and orange juice as you could drink plus bread, brioche and yoghurt). If you like a good quantity of tea or coffee before getting started it may be worth it but we generally picked up croissants on the way to the station. I think it cost €2.30 each way but you could buy books of 10 at a time which may have been slightly less - I was so excited and anxious to get there, I barely noticed!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
kizzabel

Thanks for the info
Was it easy to find the hotel from the train station? Theres such better prices for the hotels on the couple of stops down from MLV.

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
Beerqueen
Earning My Ears

It's not bad but we got a taxi from the airport which took us to the door and then it was relatively easy to find the station.

I had stayed there about five years ago so knew the vague direction to head in and found the station easily. I think when I stayed there first, I just asked at reception. It's quite straightforward - along a main road to the next roundabout, turn right, and it's about three roads on the left, just past a little row of shops. So working the other way would work but somehow I'd feel more confident looking for a station than a hotel as you can bet a station is fairly central and most people would be able to tell you where it is if need be!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back, good to see so many highs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerqueen View Post
Queue for Peter Pan - sooooo slow and can never understand why (already had a fast pass for another ride so couldn't get one and stupidly believed the board that said 30 mins). And the queueing area is dire!
The lack of fastpass for Crush's
Armageddon - always disappointed by this - it should be so much better and I always hope that it'll be better than I remembered!
I can never understand the queue for Peter Pan either - there's even queues for this during EMH unless it's just after 8am! I suppose it's partly caused by all the adults who feel a trip to Disney has to include at least one ride - me included!!

They did trial fastpass for Crush a few years ago but it wasn't successful - partly because it's such a slow-loader and partly because it caused too much congestion with the Flying Carpets, if I remember correctly.

And I totally agree with you about Armageddon - I just give it a miss every time now!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
Beerqueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
They did trial fastpass for Crush a few years ago but it wasn't successful - partly because it's such a slow-loader and partly because it caused too much congestion with the Flying Carpets, if I remember correctly.

And I totally agree with you about Armageddon - I just give it a miss every time now!
I would've loved to ride Crush more than once but the queue made this if not impossible, very difficult. On the upside, we were on it at quarter to ten when the park was not officially open until 10!

And yes, I'll give Armageddon a miss from now - only did it really because everyone else was first-timers and I didn't want to make the decisions for them - and Armageddon is such a great name for a ride, you assume it's going to be awesome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: