Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

Can you buy Disney Gift Cards with Visa Reward points?

Just wondering if this is possible. And where would I do this?
Thanks
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Are you talking about the rewards you receive from the Disney Visa card? If so, then yes, you can by ordering your reward card and then buying a Disney gift card from either the Disney store (online or regular) or from the stores at WDW or DL. I think the online Disney store only sells in increments of $25 ($50, $100...). An advantage of buying a gift card with your Visa reward card, the reward card expires, the gift card does not.

My mom uses her rewards to buy the grandchildren Disney gift cards for birthdays, etc.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
westjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Are you talking about the rewards you receive from the Disney Visa card? If so, then yes, you can by ordering your reward card and then buying a Disney gift card from either the Disney store (online or regular) or from the stores at WDW or DL. I think the online Disney store only sells in increments of $25 ($50, $100...). An advantage of buying a gift card with your Visa reward card, the reward card expires, the gift card does not.

My mom uses her rewards to buy the grandchildren Disney gift cards for birthdays, etc.
Yes, I meant with the Disney reward points. Thanks! And the 'expiring' issue is why I was thinking about doing that. So if we don't end up using all of our points on this next trip, I can have them on a gift card to use later and not worry about them expiring.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
cvjw
DIS Veteran

I posted a thread about this same topic a few weeks ago. I got varied responses - some people's disney store would sell gift cards with the rewards card, and some would not. I went to my disney store and asked the manager if I could - she said yes. I then called Chase and had the rewards transferred to the reward card and bought a $500 disney gift card. I did not want to transfer the rewards to the card until I knew that I could use them to buy the gift card because my rewards card expires at the end of the year.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
westjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
I posted a thread about this same topic a few weeks ago. I got varied responses - some people's disney store would sell gift cards with the rewards card, and some would not. I went to my disney store and asked the manager if I could - she said yes. I then called Chase and had the rewards transferred to the reward card and bought a $500 disney gift card. I did not want to transfer the rewards to the card until I knew that I could use them to buy the gift card because my rewards card expires at the end of the year.
I would want to buy them at WDW. I plan to transfer points to use to pay for food, but I have no idea how much we will spend, so if I have some points left I would want to use them to buy a gift card at the end of our vacation so I can save them for the next trip.

So HOPEFULLY I can buy Disney Gift Cards in the store at the WDW resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: