Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'd think about how long you will be at the resort during the day to take advantage of the CL offerings. Some of the kid's menus have a good selection with fish and other items besides nuggets so I'd look at the menus and decide if dining would be worth it for you all or not. I think I'd skip CL unless I had a good bit of resort downtime to enjoy the offerings.

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
monami7
DIS Veteran

I just decided on doing WL CL instead of the dining plan. The savings on breakfast snacks and drinks should make up for it alone!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #18
mecheermom
Earning My Ears

DH is really pushing for AKL. He thinks the savannah view woukd make it worth it. Has anyine done CL at AKL?
mecheermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #19
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheermom View Post
DH is really pushing for AKL. He thinks the savannah view woukd make it worth it. Has anyine done CL at AKL?
We stayed a few nights at AKL in December 2010 and it's also a beautiful resort and is very nice at Christmas time . The savanna views are nice and there's nothing like walking out onto your balcony to see the animals roaming around. I can't help with CL though as we've never tried CL there, but it is on our list to try as I have read nothing but rave reviews about the lounge, food offerings, and CMs. Good luck with your decision .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #20
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Personally, and we have done Poly, WL CL,.... No dining plan and standard room, no CL!

CL used to be worth the cost but that was years ago.... Today it's a waste of money..... If you're not back at the resort for serving times you loose....and the offering are not all that great, especially for the money you spent....

Dining plan, we never even consider it... We feel the TS meals or over hyped and too time consuming and we sure as heck ain't gonna plot out where we will be eating and at what time 180 out...

WL is our favorite resort, over 10+ stays, and Roaring Fork breakfast offerings are decent and fair on prices... Easy in and out... Even their lunches are not bad.. For some good buffet, FW Trails End is fantastic and only a boat ride away...for us it's easier to dine how and when we want and pay out of pocket and our lunches are always pool picnics with groceries we picked up in route... Sandwiches and snack fixing plus drinks.. Alway a pleasure at the pool over restaurant food...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
csjordan
Yearning for the Ears

I've never stayed CL, so I don't know what they offer in the various resorts. But, with the crowd levels at Christmas, it seems like it would be difficult to get much accomplished in the parks, while having to go back and forth to the resort for meals.

If you kids don't like the kid's menu on the DDP, couldn't you upgrade them to the adult dining plan? Seems like I've read that you can do that. That is what I would do.

But, if you don't go the DDP route, I would just pay OOP, no CL. We wouldn't spend enough time at the resort to justify the cost.

csjordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: