Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Going again, what's new?

Not been on here for a while as we're saving for a Florida trip in 2014 and it just depressed me knowing we didn't have a Paris trip to look forward to!

Anyway, thanks to a nice rebate from the taxman, we have decided to do a Paris trip to get a Disney fix!

We're probably going feb half term, as the current price is great for then, and we've not had any problems on our 2 previous feb trips (if you don't class -8 temperatures as a problem!)

So anyway, I am completely out of touch with what's going on for the 20 years celebrations, and I know you lovely people will be able to help me out.

What's new that will interest a 6 and 4 year old? Are there any new character meals I should kow about?

Anyway better go and sort out renewing my shareholder card

Thanks for any help

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

The character train up Main St is quite frankly scary luminous neon this year (so that might appeal to your kids ). They are still doing the Rhythm of the Jungle meet n greets in Adventureland, the hub stage has been pulled down completely (hurrah ), there a fabulous new Mickey meet n greet in Fantasyland, plus the Princess Pavilion also in Fantasyland (which I've never been in because I don't fancy queueing for an hour plus to see one Princess).
Theres also a new main daily parade, Magic on Parade (it has replaced Once upon a Dream).

And of course - Dreams!!!!! This is one amazing fireworks and lazers, fountains and projections on the Castle, show. It will take your breath away, I guarantee it (I cried).

We are also there half term Feb next year, really looking forward to it (although not looking forward to the cold much).

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Thanks elaine

The weather really is hit and miss in feb, the first time we were there then it was warm enough not to to wear coats, but this year was extremely cold! The park does look beautiful frozen though!

Dreams does sound amazing, can't wait!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: