Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Cool Face Character Conundrum

I've been told by many friends who have done CP before that i have the right look to be friends with Princes but I am 5' 9" which is not at the official range of 5' 10". I have experience as both a costume and face character at other theme parks which were very open to the idea of lifts if they like you. So my question (for current or past cast members) is two fold:

1) How much leeway do casting directors give for "Disney Height" if they like your look? (Specifically in my case being on the shorter side of the spectrum)

2) What is the shortest "Real height" you've seen or heard of for people who are or were friends with princes?
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

1) Depends.... if you audition in the morning people tend to be measured a little taller because our spines are stretched when we first wake up. Throughout the day your spine becomes more compressed making you a little shorter if you audition in the afternoon.

Disney Casting actually does try to measure everyone to their true height and most people are within an inch, but there are always exceptions to the rule based on the need.

PS - I see aznshents has already answered your questions in two other threads; it's to your advantage to continue within the same threads instead of creating new threads as users will build off each others responses.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

Sorry I'm new to forums, but taking thst into consideration what would you say my chances are? And do they use lifts at Disney? I really want this :D
Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Mickey1Fan
He had five fingers and was wearing white gloves

I see the princesses have had makeovers, will we see these makeovers in the parks. I have to say, I'm not a fan, I love the classic princesses I know and love.

Last trip...WDW Port Orleans French Quarter and DCL Disney Fantasy September 2013

Dreams Take Flight Group Leader 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
Mickey1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan View Post
Sorry I'm new to forums, but taking thst into consideration what would you say my chances are? And do they use lifts at Disney? I really want this :D
I can't say your chances because about a million other things have to be considered. What is the need. What is your look. What is your movement score. They would hire you first as a character and second as a Prince, so if your movement is bad then it doesn't matter how princely you look. What is your availability (CP, CR, CT, FT).

No, they do not use lifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1Fan View Post
I see the princesses have had makeovers, will we see these makeovers in the parks.
Yes - over the next year or so; one at a time.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
BeachPrincesss
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I can't say your chances because about a million other things have to be considered. What is the need. What is your look. What is your movement score. They would hire you first as a character and second as a Prince, so if your movement is bad then it doesn't matter how princely you look. What is your availability (CP, CR, CT, FT).

No, they do not use lifts.

Yes - over the next year or so; one at a time.
Can you share what they are, please? Also, is this only at wdw?
BeachPrincesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

I would be CP Spring advantageand i think ill do pretty good in movement considering i currently work as both a costume and a face character at another theme park

Tags
auditions, face character, height, prince, prince and princess

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: