Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Military Discount ?

I'm new here (no avatar, no trip ticker, etc.). I'm trying to plan our families first Disney vacation. I see there are some great room discounts for military and retired military. My husband was in the service for 6 years. He doesn't have an ID, though. Is this something we could qualify for? Is it possible to get some kind of ID for him so we could qualify?

Thanks.

Lynne
WishnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishnDisney View Post
I'm new here (no avatar, no trip ticker, etc.). I'm trying to plan our families first Disney vacation. I see there are some great room discounts for military and retired military. My husband was in the service for 6 years. He doesn't have an ID, though. Is this something we could qualify for? Is it possible to get some kind of ID for him so we could qualify?

Thanks.

Lynne
Unfortunately, the Armed Forces Salute discounts are only valid for Active Duty military (including activated reserves etc) and retired (20 years or more of service) or 100% disabled retired.
He should still qualify for regularly discounted tickets and Shades of Green though.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I figured that would be the case, but was curious.
WishnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The military discounted tickets are only available for people who carry a military (active or retired) ID Card. Shades of Green does also allow DoD Civilians and certain others access (see www.shadesofgreen.org for details).

You might find a lot more information in the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Forum, or the Resorts Forum. They are much more oriented toward trip planning than this Forum.

And for information and explanation about tickets, follow the link in my signature.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Unfortunately, the Armed Forces Salute discounts are only valid for Active Duty military (including activated reserves etc) and retired (20 years or more of service) or 100% disabled retired.
He should still qualify for regularly discounted tickets and Shades of Green though.
They don't have to be activated Reserves, they have to be drilling Reserves that have an ID card, like DH does.

He would only be elig at Shades of Green during the months of January and Spetember. No, on the tickets as well, except maybe during that time. And I believe he would need a copy of his DD-214.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
They don't have to be activated Reserves, they have to be drilling Reserves that have an ID card, like DH does.

He would only be elig at Shades of Green during the months of January and Spetember. No, on the tickets as well, except maybe during that time. And I believe he would need a copy of his DD-214.
Absolutely correct!

Other than this limited offer SoG runs, there are no real "deals" for honorably-discharged veterans to speak-of...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: