Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I reserved a hotel room for my son when he moved out of the dorm and was waiting for his dad to arrive to drive him home from school. I used my credit card. I called the hotel to make sure he would be able to check in, even though I had prepaid the entire bill for the two nights.

The hotel faxed me a sheet that I had to sign and give them all sorts of info to fax back to them so that he could stay and not have the credit card on him. You might call Disney Reservations and ask them what you would need.
It's definitely not a bad idea to check, but Disney isn't as much of a problem with credit cards. I've had my parents put credit cards on file at other hotels, and it's a huge pain. Disney NEVER requires a credit card for anything.

OP: You shouldn't have any problem with your parents paying for the Disney hotel for you. As others have mentioned, the only issue is if you want to put a credit card on file for room charges, but you can use anything for that - debit, cash, gift card - so unless your parents are planning on paying for EVERYTHING, there's no problem there either.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #17
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

in all my years not once did i leave a creditcard on file when checking in at a disney resort. They ask if i want to. i say no. they say ok thats fine. and off i go! it really is that easy! but try doing this at any other hotel outside of disney and im sure it wont be that easy.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill
I reserved a hotel room for my son when he moved out of the dorm and was waiting for his dad to arrive to drive him home from school. I used my credit card. I called the hotel to make sure he would be able to check in, even though I had prepaid the entire bill for the two nights.

The hotel faxed me a sheet that I had to sign and give them all sorts of info to fax back to them so that he could stay and not have the credit card on him. You might call Disney Reservations a nd ask them what you would need.
OP you dont need to call disney. I do this all the time. Your parents pay for the trip with their card. you check-in without giving them a credit card, and voila. I've done the exact thing soooo many times.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

OP you dont need to call disney. I do this all the time. Your parents pay for the trip with their card. you check-in without giving them a credit card, and voila. I've done the exact thing soooo many times.

Calling Disney, I'd say you have at best a 50/50 chance of being told the wrong thing. Goofyintoronto is right. No need to call and they just need to say they don't want charging privileges on the room card when they check in. As long as it's paid in full in advance, omissue.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

Does not matter who pays for the room. As long as the person checking in is on the reservation your fine!

Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

My FIL paid for our trip in 09 with his CC online. Then I put mine in online when I did online check in, and they didnt ask us anything at check in.

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
1stvisit0909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: