Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #46
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Great castle pics, I always come home with over 100 castle pictures.

I've never been on any of the Disney thrill rides, but will this trip. You're pictures of RNRC and Tower of Terror made me nervous. Hopefully I'll be able to muster up the courage to ride them.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #47
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkii19 View Post
Great castle pics, I always come home with over 100 castle pictures.

I've never been on any of the Disney thrill rides, but will this trip. You're pictures of RNRC and Tower of Terror made me nervous. Hopefully I'll be able to muster up the courage to ride them.
Thanks! I love the castle. I'm sure I have tons more, but I did try not to post them all. There will be more show up later.

Oh, please go on RNRC and TOT. They are really great. Have you even just walked through the queues? They are so fun!!! Tower of terror is really just the drops, and I love them. RNRC reminds me of Space Mountain in that you can't see anything. Have you done that one?

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #48
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 3: Tomorrowland (okay, it’s mostly Cinderella Castle)

We decided to head to whichever Tomorrowland ride we got to that had a short wait. The first ride of the day was Stitch! I have the Four Parks, One World cd, and when the Intergalactic Anthem comes on, I get a Walt Disney World feel. I was so excited to hear it again. I know the ride is not the greatest, but it’s still a Disney ride and I love all Disney rides… almost.

Stitch 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Stitch 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Stitch 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Before this guy oiled himself, he told me to put away my camera. I seriously don’t understand why. It’s like Carousel of Progress. Why do they tell me not to take pictures? Because if they tell me not to, I won’t, but if they don’t, I will!

Stitch 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr 
After Stitch, we decided we were kind of hungry. And we’d been hearing WONDERFUL things about the cinnamon buns from Main Street Bakery. So we thought we’d head towards there.

I snapped a picture (or a few more, but I’m only sharing one here) of Merida. We had just seen it at the Drive in, with my sister, (so all three Golden Girls), plus one 17 year old nephew, a 12 year old niece, a 10 year old niece, and two 5 year old nieces. After a bit, my nephew took the two older girls to the front outside so they could see better. A van is not the most conducive for drive ins. I will be buying that one, I loved it! I also loved when one five year old told the other (SPOILER) “It’s okay, the mom is gonna be the mom again and not the bear at the end. I didn’t know that before now, but I do now. If you’re scared, you can hold my hand.” It was so cute. And to think, she’s the one that used to be terrified of EVERYTHING.

Merida by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We had to pass by the castle again, so I had to take more pictures.

MK 37 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 38 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche.

MK 39 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I think I’ll take my camera bag off next time so I don’t look like I’ve got a baby bump!

MK 40 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 41 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

These looked really good too!

MK 42 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 43 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

So we went around the corner and sat in that area down the stairs/ramp. You know what I mean. Is it outside the Plaza? And the ice cream parlor?

Of course, you know what I did, since I could see the castle again.

MK 44 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 45 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 46 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 47 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We split a snack credit. And we got tap water to drink. It was the only time we got tap water that it was gross. I think they usually got it from the fountain beverage machines, but this time they got it from the tap. I forced myself to drink some. EW!

MK 47 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 49 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Playing with my settings to get different shots of the castle. This was nice, Blanche could sit and put her BOOTLESS foot up and I could take pictures! Some of these are quite similar, but I like them all… LOL

MK 50 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 51 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 52 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 53 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 54 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 56 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #49
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 4: Some more tomorrowland

I kept taking pictures around there after enjoying the lovely cinnamon thingy. That’s a great shared snack credit.

MK 57 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 58 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 59 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Oh boy, for some reason today I want to go back more than usual. I get that achy feeling in my chest as I look at these pictures. This was one that almost made me cry just now… not sure why!

MK 60 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 61 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 62 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We went towards Tomorrowland to head for Space Mountain next. We love any ride, as I’ve said before, and I think this ride had been redone a little bit since we’d last been on it, so we were excited to try it.

Space Cowboys, Chip and Dale!

MK 63 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Fastpasses!

MK 64 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

On to another favorite to relax while waiting for our fastpass time to come up.

Peoplemover 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

One day I’d like to get the look of the passenger being perfectly clear and the sides being a blur. I guess at night it would be best to do that.

PM 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 5 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 6 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 7 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 8 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 9 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Uh oh… more Castle pictures!

PM 10 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 11 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

PM 12 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

MK 65 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #50
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 5: More Tomorrowland

Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin was next.

Buzz Lightyear 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

BL 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Sorry it’s a little fuzzy. My score is on the right (you can tell because it’s closer to the camera! Hahahaha) and Blanche’s score is on the left.

BL 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Aren’t we funny? I think they should put our scores on our picture.

BL 4 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Next was Carousel of Progress. No pictures of the inside because the CM told me I wasn’t allowed. Anyone know why? I can take pictures on almost anything…. But not COP?

Carousel of Progress 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr\

PoC 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

For some reason I took a few pictures of this little area, but I’m only sharing one.

MK 66 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And why didn’t I take any pictures of the outside of Space?

Space Mountain 1 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

SM 2 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

SM 3 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We then went back to the hotel for lunch and a little rest.

POR 88 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche’s stinky fish. She said it was really good. I like lobster and scallops, but that’s about it. I’m not a big fish eater. I think I like haddock sometimes too, with lots of fattening tartar sauce so that doesn’t really count.

POR 89 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My normally delicious chicken nuggets. I think I got the bottom of the barrel, they didn’t seem fresh this time.

POR 90 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Every time we ate at Riverside Mill, we’d choose the same table, except for once or twice when some unknowledgeable family took our spot. So we’d sit a table or so over. We liked to sit near all the gears where there were lots of windows.

This was our view.

POR 91 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 92 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 93 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We decided to let our food settle before getting our desert, so we went in to the shop for a little bit. I love Disney stores. I didn’t do much shopping this trip, but I loved the little store and the CMs were always so friendly. Actually, I think I left Blanche there and I went off on my own. I can’t remember if I was trying to be sneaky or something, or just look for something in particular, but I went off and I think I told her I went to the bathroom but I went to the store.

POR 94 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 95 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

For some reason I found my camera bag uncomfortable. This was my first trip with my Canon 60D, and it is a little heavier than my old camera, but I had sold my G11 (a smaller camera) and my little flip video camera, so you’d think it would be lighter. But I also had the newest lens I’d bought, which I guess is heavier than my kit lens that I’d sold with my T1i. Still, I found it heavy, so I was looking for a bag to buy so I could carry some things in it and still be more comfortable. I wasn’t sure if I wanted a backpack or not, but I was looking at the bags. Here are some I was thinking about buying (not necessarily to carry things at WDW though!)

POR 96 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 97 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 98 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Then back to get dessert.

POR 99 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 100 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 101 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #51
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR. We went in July too.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #52
DBLGRR
Mouseketeer

I think I am going to have to try one of those cinnamon thingys when I go in November.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #53
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Enjoying your TR. We went in July too.
When in July were you there? It was lovely, and I was glad we took lots of breaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLGRR View Post
I think I am going to have to try one of those cinnamon thingys when I go in November.
It was really good, but I don't think I could eat a whole one! oh, who am I kidding? I probably could!!!

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #54
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 6: Back to DHS

Blanche’s yummy milkshake.

POR 102 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My yummy apple pie! I thought it came with ice cream, but it didn’t… or at least not then.

POR 103 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

POR 104 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I have a picture of Blanche eating some carrot cake. She really enjoys certain foods and, well, she makes a special face when she enjoys them. I tried to show her what it was.

POR 105 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I didn’t succeed, but I tried to show her!

Then back to the shop. I tried on a hat. What do you think? Should I buy it on my next trip?

POR 106 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I went back to DHS and Blanche was to meet up with me later. She wanted a longer break.

Where did I head first? Of course, to a corner of the park with some thrill rides!

DHS 71 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

TOT first.

DHS 72 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 73 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 74 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I love trying to get different angles of things… well, different as in, “Did I get a shot like this before?” Not necessarily as in, “Did anyone ever do a shot like this before?”

DHS 75 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

These were very welcome… even by me, the cold wimp! It was not cold. It was July, and I was in WDW, so I was hot and happy!

DHS 76 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

They didn’t have all the pathways open.

DHS 77 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 78 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 79 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 80 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 81 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 82 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I tried to make it a little darker.

DHS 83 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 84 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 85 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

There was a family ahead of me. I took a picture for them and then they took one for me. Very sweet of them!

DHS 86 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 87 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 88 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #55
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 7: The wait is on and some DHS wanderings

The plan was for Blanche to meet up with me at a certain time and we’d go for supper somewhere, so I started taking pictures of menus so we’d know where to go!

DHS 89 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 90 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I need to spend more time watching the Streetmosphere cast members. I really do. The few times I’ve stopped and watched them or interacted with them, they’ve been absolutely hilarious.

DHS 91 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 92 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 93 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 94 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I got a video, but it wasn’t of the funniest parts. I should have thought earlier…

Video link

This is my first ever video post on the Dis! Yay! Only I can't figure out how to do it right... LOL And yay for my Canon 60D that takes great pictures and video. It’s better directly on the computer than on flickr, but that’s okay, you’ll get the idea. And sorry about the snap of the picture in the middle of the video, I was trying to figure out if it was actually recording!

I decided to wait for Blanche near the entrance to the park. I sat on a bench on a side street for a bit, but then there was a big monster of a stinging insect nearby so I moved over closer to the entrance. I sat and leaned on a palm tree for a bit and then beside it when it started hurting my back and letting crawling insects all over me.

from raw-8274 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 95 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 96 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 97 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche and I had both purchased an expensive, but useful long distance package on our cell phones that included texting, especially for moments like this, when we were trying to meet up at the parks!

DHS 98 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 99 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I took some pictures of some photopass photographers, but we didn’t get ours done! Hahahaha

DHS 101 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 102 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 103 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I don’t take quite as many pictures of the hat as I do the castle… don’t worry! Hahahaha

DHS 105 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

But I still take lots! Sometimes….

DHS 107 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 108 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 109 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I liked that people were sitting watching this. This lady was really good.

DHS 111 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 112 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #56
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 8: We see OURSELVES!

Remember how we call ourselves the Golden Girls? Well… here is Blanche and Rose!

DHS 113 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And Blanche and Dorothy.

DHS 114 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And here is Dorothy (me) with Dorothy! So of course, I’m doing something silly! Don’t you love my shoes though? They’re so comfy!!!

DHS 115 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And here I am with Rose… Rose is my sister and she is a pain, always looking for something. I love her, and she’s one of the GGs, but I want to strangle her sometimes (not really!), so here I am!

DHS 116 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 117 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 118 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 119 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 120 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We still hadn’t decided where to eat, so we wandered around looking at things and looking at restaurant menus.

DHS 121 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 122 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It’s a library!!!

DHS 123 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 124 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 125 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

See the hidden Once Upon a Time ad? Okay, so it’s not hidden, it’s just small with the wide angle.

DHS 126 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 127 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 128 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 129 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 130 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 131 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 132 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche is in prison! I had to bail her out…

DHS 133 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Unfortunately, I forgot the cash, so I tried to break her out and got stuck in jail instead!

DHS 134 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 135 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #57
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Part 9: Supper!

We decided on Backlot Express. I ate there with my nephew in 2007, so I try to eat there at least once a trip in memory of eating there with him. I wonder if we’ll eat there again when we go again?

DHS 136 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 137 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 138 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We decided to share a sandwich. We got the grilled turkey and cheese. I think I bought my own dessert and drink and we shared the sandwich, she got the drink and the dessert on one meal credit.

DHS 139 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We were happy for the carrots for once and a healthy sandwich, and we both loved our desserts. I was a good girl and got water to drink. It was a lovely meal.

We stayed in the unfinished area. I loved it. Here are some pictures of the room.

DHS 140 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 141 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 142 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 143 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 144 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

There was a furry friend in the outside eating area.

DHS 145 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Off to ride Star Tours into space again.

DHS 146 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 147 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 148 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I tried to get some night shots, but I was holding the camera, not using anything a tripod or anything…

DHS 149 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 150 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 151 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 151 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Here I did use a garbage can.

DHS 152 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

DHS 153 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

My Trip Reports:
Old 09-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #58
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

So sad I missed your DL trip report but I'm here for this one. Need to go back to page 1 to catch up. What kind of camera and lenses are you shooting with?
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses

Last edited by KCmike; 09-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #59
Lzylitnin
Mouseketeer

Great update! I'm really enjoying your trip report!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #60
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
So sad I missed your DL trip report but I'm here for this one. Need to go back to page 1 to catch up. What kind of camera and lenses are you shooting with?
Welcome, Mike!

I just answered this question on my DL TR, but in case others are curious, I can tell you here too.

Canon 60D is my lovely new camera. I have a Sigma 10-20 mm lens, a Sigma 30 mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/4 and a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 (Recommended by many on the photography board.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzylitnin View Post
Great update! I'm really enjoying your trip report!
Thanks! It was a lovely trip. I just want to go back now! It's quite an addictive vacation destination to me.

My Trip Reports:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: