Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

1st trip of 2013...Exploring New Fantasy Land

We made a quick trip down for just 1 day early in Feb.
Stayed in a Royal Guest Room at POR.
My DS3 loved it. He thought the fireworks were cool, and loved seeing all of the little touches they added (dinglehoppers, snarfblats, Aladin's Magic Carpet, Sultan).

We did MK because he's been wanting to see the NFL.
So we got there at RD:

Then we were off to Belle! He's HUGE B&B fan and loves all of the characters.
I was picked to be a Knight and he was selected to be Sultan, which was great since we had one in our room. He was so happy he got to hug Belle and loves the bookmark too!

Next we were off to Gaston's Tavern for a cinnamon roll.
I suggest sitting in the room to the right, it had some great items in there. Here's my son imitating the painting above the fireplace:

We ran into Gaston as we left and had to stop. My son was sure to mention he had met Belle earlier in the day and hugged her. Gaston told my son that next time he see's Belle be sure to tell her to "Take her nose out of those books and spend more time thinking of ME!"

Next was the LM ride.
A bit underwhelming IMO. I prefer the show at HS to this. The "main room" in the ride was big let down. Too bright and you could see the supports in the ceiling. We had a FP, but I couldn't imagine waiting in line for more than 15 minutes for it.

We wanted to finish NFL before leaving so it was time for Dumbo!
The play area is cool, but still a little advanced for my little guy. He fell down one of the steps since it was so poorly lit. Much better than a regular line however. Here's a pic from up on Dumbo:

A quick stop by Buzz on our way to getting a haircut.
By coincidence we happened to hit the Move It, Shake It Parade on the way down Main St

A short wait at Harmony and we were in business. They did a great job and were very friendly. My son loved the experience. Well worth it IMO.

A bite to eat at Casey's and then off to Adventure Land!
Getting ready to go on Aladin:

We then did PotC (longest wait of the day, probably 35 minutes), Jungle Cruise (FP'd) and grabbed a Dole Whip

Leaving Adventure Land we hit the Castle 2 minutes before the Dreams Come True performance and stayed. It's a must do for my son.

The line for Pooh was over 40 minutes and then it broke down.
We weren't planning on riding it but I was a bit disappointed in the amount of broken stuff in Pooh's Garden. Once the ride broke, everyone moved over to meet Pooh and Tigger, but I just snapped a pic. My son had haigh fived Pooh earlier when he was coming back from break, so not big loss.

We thought we'd go try Barnstormer, but the little guy wasn't interested so we just met Goofy and Donald instead. My son had a Goofy and Donald tattoo on and both of them hammed it up for my son. He even got Goofy to do his Hog Dog dance from MMClubhouse

I grabbed some dinner from Cosmic Rays while they found a spot for the Parade and Wishes. The projection show on the castle before is awesome and should not be missed IMO.

And my favorite pic of the trip:

Great trip, we'll be returning in May for another 3 days. I've got more pics if anyone is interested.
A few general thoughts:
We did really good with food. Casey's isn't unreasonable and it's filling (although far from healthy). And Comic Ray's 1/4 chicken was enough to split between my wife and son.
A cheap souvenir idea: the $.59 Mickey straw.
Only ran into on BTG, but they were very annoying. Even the CMs were irritated by them. Leaving to board the monorail at the end of the night they were causing a scene and the lead CM on the monorail platform took control and told them how it was going to be. He told them it was a safety issue and they needed to hush. I was very impressed.

Stayed on site, nice for a change, but I won't be making a habit of it.
I already have my car and would prefer to drive anyway, so the buses don't appeal to me. The resort was beautiful, but $30 for a sub par breakfast and amount of walking just to get around wasn't worth it IMO. If I was coming from further away it might be a different story.

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698
Old 02-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
cmsnyder77
Mouseketeer

Your son is adorable! It looks like he had an incredible time. I was glad to see how much fun he had, as I will be taking my 3 - almost 4 - year old DD for the first time in a couple of months.
2007 - First Mother/Daughter cruise - 7 day Western April 7-14!!!
2008 - 9 day Mother/Daughter WDW trip at CSR!
2013 - 7 day Art of Animation

Coming up - Poly and cruisin' on the Fantasy, July 24-August 2!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

cmsnyder77 - Thanks for the kind words (or the pity post, whichever )
He loves WDW; and that makes me love it even more.

Hope you guys have tons of fun, I don't see how you couldn't.

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: