Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #76
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
If you want a WL courtyard view, just request an inner courtyard view. There are only two standard CL rooms that directly face Bay Lake - 7127 and 7035. However, they do have an elevator behind them that makes noises. We prefer hearing it over guests though, since both rooms don't have a connecting door
Great info!! Love it when my question is answered before I even have a chance to ask it!

Also (as a f/u from the main WL thread), all these posts and pics have made my decision so we're going to either skip the Poly and try the WL next trip or try a split stay between the two for the first time!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #77
hbr03
Earning My Ears

Since we're still quite the newbies (only our 2nd trip), we're enjoying all the restaurant recs. We have ADRs at WCC, Cali Grill, 1900, Crystal Palace (bonus arriving early and seeing Main Street before the crowds), and Akerhaus (same for World Showcase), and hope to try out TE one evening.

The only one I'm hoping to reschedule is Cali, and that's only because our current ressie conflicts with my need to get an 80s fix and hear Boyz II Men. DH would be only too happy if another opening doesn't present itself. LOL
Portofino Bay & 1st visit to Diagon Alley ~ October 2014
Wilderness Lodge & MNSSHP ~ October 2014

hbr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #78
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great pictures and report! We are checking into Wilderness Lodge on Tuesday, can't wait!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #79
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Great info!! Love it when my question is answered before I even have a chance to ask it!

Also (as a f/u from the main WL thread), all these posts and pics have made my decision so we're going to either skip the Poly and try the WL next trip or try a split stay between the two for the first time!
Decisions, decisions... What will ready2vacation decide? Will you keep us posted here or on the WL thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr03 View Post
Since we're still quite the newbies (only our 2nd trip), we're enjoying all the restaurant recs. We have ADRs at WCC, Cali Grill, 1900, Crystal Palace (bonus arriving early and seeing Main Street before the crowds), and Akerhaus (same for World Showcase), and hope to try out TE one evening.

The only one I'm hoping to reschedule is Cali, and that's only because our current ressie conflicts with my need to get an 80s fix and hear Boyz II Men. DH would be only too happy if another opening doesn't present itself. LOL
So many great places to dine, but so little time! Good call on the MK pre-opening CP ADR - great for photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Great pictures and report! We are checking into Wilderness Lodge on Tuesday, can't wait!
Thank you, kaysmommie. GrandCalifornian has been posting live from WL on the WL thread and he has been reporting NO crowds and his photos proove it - you should be very happy with the wait times
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #80
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Great report!! I've been reading, but I don't love typing on my iPad. My laptop isnt feeling well, lol. We were just talking about Trails End a few days ago... So I'm glad to hear the good report!! Love all the pictures!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #81
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Great report!! I've been reading, but I don't love typing on my iPad. My laptop isnt feeling well, lol. We were just talking about Trails End a few days ago... So I'm glad to hear the good report!! Love all the pictures!
O.M.G!!!! I SOOOOOO luvluvluv your location!!!! Are you 'reporting' on your move anywhere and I've just missed it? I've asked on the RC thread about you, but I don't do FB. We have so missed you.

to our resident WDW expert
Old 09-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #82
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Kook: More reports of no crowds? I'm getting giddy for next week. Hope it stays the same.

I'm just going to slide this set of three letters into the convo... you know... just in case:

BLT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Yaaaay, a Deena-sighting! How's everything?
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #83
WDWKOOK

CA Grill closure update

Here's another February closure confirmation from the latest Mousesavers.com Newsletter:

California Grill (Contemporary Resort) closed 2/2/13-late summer 2013 for refurbishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
What?? When did CA grill get pushed back to February? Last I hear it was January 6th
Quote:

I thought it was 1-6, too, but when I was there last month, a CM thought it had been pushed to February and it is also mentioned here:

http://www.illuminatingepcot.com/wdw...b-in-february/
Old 09-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #84
pas130
DIS Veteran

Bumping Kookilito to page 1..........
Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #85
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

What in the world did I find??!! A TR from the Kook!! Obviously I'm just a little bit late...and haven't read but a tiny portion...will catch up tonight when the kids are sleeping. Can't wait to see!!!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #86
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Decisions, decisions... What will ready2vacation decide? Will you keep us posted here or on the WL thread?

Or the RC thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
What in the world did I find??!! A TR from the Kook!! Obviously I'm just a little bit late...and haven't read but a tiny portion...will catch up tonight when the kids are sleeping. Can't wait to see!!!

Heather
hi Heather!!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #87
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Or the RC thread.....

hi Heather!!!!
LOL! I kept sitting here thinking...what in the world is the RC thread??? It will probably be there since we still haven't booked since we can't make up our minds!
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #88
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! I kept sitting here thinking...what in the world is the RC thread??? It will probably be there since we still haven't booked since we can't make up our minds!
Well Kookalooka is in all 3 places, and so am I
Old 09-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #89
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Bumping Kookilito to page 1..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Heather
Heather!! I missed you - I went away for a couple of weeks, but I need to go right over now to your fine thread to see if you're on Day Two yet

Quote:
Since you were new to posting here and on the WL thread, I didn't want to overwhelm you with our crazy little resort changer's thread. But, I see you have no fear of resort conflicted minds that occasionally wander to other issues, so I'll see you over there with our hostess with the mostess changes - pas130

Quote:
Well Kookalooka is in all 3 places, and so am I

Every time you come up with a nickname for me I crack-up. You're hilarious, even with no sleep and chasing after 5 kids and DH
Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #90
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Finally finished reading....it only took me a week CRAZY around here, let me tell ya!

So glad to see the refurbs! The last time we were there (2010), the rooms were in dire need. They certainly look more crisp and clean now. Bill wants to try CL, but we'll have to do the deluxe room since there are 5 of us. Too bad about Artist Point....another signature that's on our list of must-dos. Bill won't be happy to hear about the steak.

So....now I'll be waiting for your second trip report....

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: