Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

KOOK: thanks for the great peek at WL CL!! It will be a while until we can try the Wilderness Lodge...so that was a nice way to see it through a different set of eyes!!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #32
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
KOOK: thanks for the great peek at WL CL!! It will be a while until we can try the Wilderness Lodge...so that was a nice way to see it through a different set of eyes!!
Yeah! The BIRTHDAY GIRL made it over to the TR
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

This made me even more excited!

Awesome report and pictures! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. It make me even more excited for my trip in 50 days.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
PamelaKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #34
monami7
DIS Veteran

OK you convinced me. I SWITCHED TO CL!!!!! It is our 10th anniversary! I just hope that it is better than the BWI. Seeing as how your experience was similar to ours there I am hoping to LOVE the WL as much as you do!
Heidi
Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #35
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

Wow. Thanks for such a great trip report. This makes me want to stay at WL! and try CL! The pictures were gorgeous and everything sounds great.

Thanks again

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354
FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #36
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yeah! The BIRTHDAY GIRL made it over to the TR

...aw thanks!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #37
lucas
°o°

WOW! Fantastic review and pics. Thanks for sharing!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #38
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaKay View Post
Awesome report and pictures! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. It make me even more excited for my trip in 50 days.
It was my pleasure, PamelaKay. I can't believe it's only 50 days until you're back at your favorite CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
OK you convinced me. I SWITCHED TO CL!!!!! It is our 10th anniversary! I just hope that it is better than the BWI. Seeing as how your experience was similar to ours there I am hoping to LOVE the WL as much as you do!
Heidi
WOWZA! Congratulations and happy anniversary! I know I mentioned to you on the WL thread that we weren't happy with the Innkeeper's Club either, but we love the Old Faithful Club and I think you'll be happier with it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasiaMagic View Post
Wow. Thanks for such a great trip report. This makes me want to stay at WL! and try CL! The pictures were gorgeous and everything sounds great.

Thanks again
Thanks so much, FantasiaMagic. I hope you get to stay at WL someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
WOW! Fantastic review and pics. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome, lucas!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
starousse
DIS Veteran

Great review. Love the pics of the refurbished rooms and am looking even more forward to being there in December.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #40
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Great review. Love the pics of the refurbished rooms and am looking even more forward to being there in December.
It will be extra cozy all decorated for Christmas. Have you ever stayed there during the holidays? Enjoy!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #41
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait View Post
Thanks for the great review! Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up while we were there. Unfortunately the day we transfered from Vero Beach to Wilderness Lodge we were distracted by a phone call from our dog sitter asking us to make alternate arrangements for our dog. Thankfully it all worked out.

We had a wonderful stay at Wilderness Lodge. We booked a standard view room. At check in we were given a bunkbed room 3 floors up from WCC. The bunk beds did not work for us, my 13 year old is just about 6 feet tall and he didn't fit, he needs a bed that allows his feet to hang off. We went right back to the front desk and asked if a room with 2 queens was availabe. Thankfully there was one and it was an outer courtyard view! It was beautiful! Refurbed room on the 6th floor. We had 2 breakfasts at WCC. I had the french toast both times and loved it, my husband had the eggs benedict and enjoyed it. Thanks to you we also ventured over to Fort Wilderness for breakfast at Trails End. We were all very happy with it. We also booked a bounceback for next August and I have finally convinced my husband to get some DVC points!
We posted at the same time yesterday and I just realized I didn't respond to you

Thank you for posting about your trip - I was wondering what happened to you!

What a wonderful upgrade to a courtyard view room! It's exciting that you were able to book the BB - is that the Free Dining one? Happy planning and welcome back
Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;
The bus to the MK from WL is non-stop and takes only about 5 minutes. WL is the first stop for all other destinations, but the other buses do then stop at either the Grand Floridian or Ft. Wilderness, but that's all. The AK and DTD buses can take about 30 minutes since they stop at a water park first. If you have to wait the full 20 minutes for the next bus, then take it to DTD or AK, it can take an hour from the time you start waiting at WL to the time you enter [/QUOTE]

So if from the WL would it be faster to take the boat to MK and then the AK bus to AK or a) is there no such bus or b) would it stop at WL first?

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #43
padawans
DIS Veteran

Great trip report Kook. I'm sorry you didn't like Artist Point. This is one of my favorite restaurants. I have never tried the Buffalo I usually stick to the seafood items which have been really good.

We will be checking in in 10 days for 5 nights. I hope my reservation has a request for a courtyard view. I have switched resorts so many times for all I know it might say Boardwalk view or third floor or some other ridiculous thing. I better call tommorrow and check.

Good advice on the breakfast at the campgrounds. We will have to check it out. We have been to the hoop de doo three times. My dh has been picked for the indian twice. I usually make a quick exit to the bathroom when they start picking people. Me doing the can-can would not be pretty.
padawans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #44
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We posted at the same time yesterday and I just realized I didn't respond to you

Thank you for posting about your trip - I was wondering what happened to you!

What a wonderful upgrade to a courtyard view room! It's exciting that you were able to book the BB - is that the Free Dining one? Happy planning and welcome back
Yes, the courtyard view was BEAUTIFUL! We booked the free dining BB but if a room discount is available for that time we plan to change to room only and try club level.

We stayed club level at the Poly and didn't have the best experience. I have finally convinced my DH to try it at WL if we can get a discount.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #45
Sammie
DIS Veteran

The new rooms look fabulous, were the beds comfortable?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: