Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
R2-JD
It was all started by Walt Disney!

Thanks Kook! Between your TR and my DW telling me about her co-workers first stay at WL I too am very excited about our upcoming stay!!

12 more days!!!

JD
(and yes Luvgoldens is my DW )
2013(Sept) WDW Wilderness Lodge
R2-JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Welcome Back KOOK

Wonderfull TR has me thinking about checking to see the availability. The refurbed room is very nice and enjoyed the TE review if we do stay at WL again I plan on checking TE out

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the TE info! We will be at WL in Feb and can't do WCC so this looks like a great alternative and the kids will love the boat ride over!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Great TR!! Glad you enjoyed your stay at WDW
Thank you and you're FTP (First to Post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Thank you Kook!!! It was wonderful reading your report and reliving our trip!!

I notice they must have gone through and replaced the headboards....because they hadn't done ours yet, though we had a refurbished room, we still had the brown headboard.

And we didn't get the blankets across the bottom.

And we didn't get SUSHI!!!! The menu looks fantastic!! We did have the version chili, scallops wrapped in bacon, and chicken wings...but the rest of the stuff looks amazing too!!!

You know, I had changed (of course), to a 5/5 split stay between Yacht Club and Poly CL....but this report definitely makes me think twice....oh, how I love the WL!!!
Yes, some of the rooms didn't have the new fabric on the headboards when you were there and the 'blanket' at the foot of the bed is actually just a decorative runner. So..... what is Candace going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Hi KOOK welcome home! Just quickly read the TR, I am on my way out to a meeting, so I couldn't study the menus etc. However, I will re-read tomorrow morning at my leisure, cup of coffee in hand So, glad you had such an amazing trip!
Howdy! Make sure you're in a rocking chair tomorrow morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Thank you for your awesome review! I enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures.
Thank you! It was fun putting it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Kookalicious! Back to reality. Boo! Thanks for this most lovely trip report...

You're really making me want to stay there. Adore the sign on the bear; maybe it will mysteriously reappear.

It's a gorgeous lounge, isn't it? Looks very spacious. Sorry about the cobbler shenanigans, shame when they mess with a good thing.

Very curious about those shrubs being taken out.
YES! Cobbler shenanigans! That's precisely what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Okay, now I'm REALLY ready to get back to WL. As always, love your report and your opinions (though I *am* hoping your Artist Point experience was a fluke -- we'll be dining there in November).

Thus far unable to convince my husband we need to IMMEDIATELY go to WDW when our house closes, so my new plan is to quietly add a few days to our November reservation. Shhhhh....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos!
Don't give-up on AP. We've had great meals at CA Grill and not so great ones, but our last one was great. You never know with Disney Signature Dining - they keep you guessing.

Yippee for more days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
kook I'm here enjoying your trip report .... just sittin in my rocker waiting for my turn at WL!!!

You might have to let our dear Jungle Cruiser borrow your chair tomorrow morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeermama View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! You have officially convinced my husband to switch our ALK CL trip to a WL CL trip simply due to the food options!

Can you tell me what you think of the pool and if from your room you were able to see the ELP? I am thinking that your view is EXACTLY what we want!
The pool is best for younger children since the slide is a little on the tame side. There is also a VWL pool that WL guests may use and a total of 3 whirlpools. DD13 and I (DH stays inside by a cozy fireplace) prefer the beach. It's never crowded and there are many chairs and even two cabanas and umbrellas.

If you want a WL courtyard view, just request an inner courtyard view. There are only two standard CL rooms that directly face Bay Lake - 7127 and 7035. However, they do have an elevator behind them that makes noises. We prefer hearing it over guests though, since both rooms don't have a connecting door

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
Thanks wdwkook we love the WL!!!! We are heading down Oct 30th!! Can't wait!! We love all the pictures and info you post!! Our 2 DD's get all worked up every time they see pictures of the WL!! Just wanted to thank you for putting the effort in!! Thanks again!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
Ooops forgot to ask you .... We also stay on he club level, but we're wondering about bunk beds ours 2 DD's love bunkbeds!! Do they have them? in the past we only had 2 queens!! Can't wait for Sunday night scallops in bacon!! Yumm. Thanks again!!
You're welcome and I'm glad you liked the TR. You might also like the WL thread

Yes, there are bunk beds on the 7th floor, but you must request them. All standard CL room views are by-request only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvGoldens View Post
Thank you for the TR Kook and all the pictures! Between your report and that of my co-worker who just returned to work today after her first stay at WL I'm soooo excited for our upcoming stay I can hardly stand it!!!

What a fantastic view from your room too!!
I'm so glad it made you even more excited. Yes, we love that room - perfect view and no connecting door. In fact, it's the last room in the wing so there's rarely even any foot traffic. But, it's our little secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Oh gosh... I almost wish I hadn't looked at all your wonderful pics & read your report!

I'm going to miss the WL SO MUCH!! I dearly hope we like the CR - the WL is just going to be so hard to beat!
If it makes you feel any better, we also love CR/BLT and I've had trouble deciding, too so I've twice done a CR-BLT/WL split. The rooms are much larger at BLT and CR, you can walk to the MK and we prefer the dining options at CR. There's nothing wrong with loving both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD View Post
Thanks Kook! Between your TR and my DW telling me about her co-workers first stay at WL I too am very excited about our upcoming stay!!

12 more days!!!

JD
(and yes Luvgoldens is my DW )
I had you figured out - nice to have you both around and you need to get packin' soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Welcome Back KOOK

Wonderfull TR has me thinking about checking to see the availability. The refurbed room is very nice and enjoyed the TE review if we do stay at WL again I plan on checking TE out
Thanks, Sheila and at least you know what thread to go to if you decide to change!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #20
midge3426
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a great trip Kook. Thank you for posting the pictures--we are super exicted because we will be there in two days!!!!!

midge3426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #21
Liberator
Mouseketeer

Very nice report of the Wilderness Lodge.

We want to stay CR or POFQ in September. But after this report I fell in love with the WL

How is the bus service at WL?
Is it just for the WL or do the busses stop at other resorts?
Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #22
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426 View Post
Glad you had a great trip Kook. Thank you for posting the pictures--we are super exicted because we will be there in two days!!!!!

You're welcome and I hope you're all packed! Is this your first stay at WL? I hope you have a great vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
Very nice report of the Wilderness Lodge.

We want to stay CR or POFQ in September. But after this report I fell in love with the WL

How is the bus service at WL?
Is it just for the WL or do the busses stop at other resorts?
Danke!

I really have no complaints about the buses and I am not a 'bus person.' I love being able to walk to a park and I love the boats, but frankly, the buses run really well from WL.

The bus to the MK from WL is non-stop and takes only about 5 minutes. WL is the first stop for all other destinations, but the other buses do then stop at either the Grand Floridian or Ft. Wilderness, but that's all. The AK and DTD buses can take about 30 minutes since they stop at a water park first. If you have to wait the full 20 minutes for the next bus, then take it to DTD or AK, it can take an hour from the time you start waiting at WL to the time you enter the park.

Sometimes a bus, usually Epcot, might have a long line of people waiting when one doesn't come quickly. Sometimes another bus will immediately follow, so if the first bus gets full, like early morning, then sometimes another bus is right behind it and you can get on that one instead. Frequently, there is a bus monitor there who will call for more buses in the morning, as needed.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 09-06-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #23
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you and you're FTP (First to Post)

Yes, some of the rooms didn't have the new fabric on the headboards when you were there and the 'blanket' at the foot of the bed is actually just a decorative runner. So..... what is Candace going to do?

Howdy! Make sure you're in a rocking chair tomorrow morning

Thank you! It was fun putting it together.

YES! Cobbler shenanigans! That's precisely what it was

Don't give-up on AP. We've had great meals at CA Grill and not so great ones, but our last one was great. You never know with Disney Signature Dining - they keep you guessing.

Yippee for more days!!!

You might have to let our dear Jungle Cruiser borrow your chair tomorrow morning

The pool is best for younger children since the slide is a little on the tame side. There is also a VWL pool that WL guests may use and a total of 3 whirlpools. DD13 and I (DH stays inside by a cozy fireplace) prefer the beach. It's never crowded and there are many chairs and even two cabanas and umbrellas.

If you want a WL courtyard view, just request an inner courtyard view. There are only two standard CL rooms that directly face Bay Lake - 7127 and 7035. However, they do have an elevator behind them that makes noises. We prefer hearing it over guests though, since both rooms don't have a connecting door

You're welcome and I'm glad you liked the TR. You might also like the WL thread

Yes, there are bunk beds on the 7th floor, but you must request them. All standard CL room views are by-request only.

I'm so glad it made you even more excited. Yes, we love that room - perfect view and no connecting door. In fact, it's the last room in the wing so there's rarely even any foot traffic. But, it's our little secret

If it makes you feel any better, we also love CR/BLT and I've had trouble deciding, too so I've twice done a CR-BLT/WL split. The rooms are much larger at BLT and CR, you can walk to the MK and we prefer the dining options at CR. There's nothing wrong with loving both!

I had you figured out - nice to have you both around and you need to get packin' soon

Thanks, Sheila and at least you know what thread to go to if you decide to change!
I got home yesterday, opened my iPad and saw the TR, and yelled "Kooks Wilderness Lodge report!!!"

My DH (who has heard the name kook before) says, "be strong...we need to try something new"...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! seeing your trip report. Pictures are great, can't wait to be there.. Glad you had a good vacation...

goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #25
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I have been in my rocker with my coffee and enjoyed reading the trip report.

Since we are staying at the BC in a couple of weeks we probably won't get over to the WL more than once, but once we return it will be time to talk about my next trip, WL CL! I tell you hot cobbler will be mighty tasty in January!!! Thank you for taking the pictures of the daily offerings in CL

Interesting about Artist Point. We had dinner there once and were a bit disappointed. It's really a shame, it's such a great location but it appears to be hit or miss.

Trail's End, I am intrigued.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Thanks Kook! Now I'm even more sad we had to switch from WL to POR....but there's always next time!!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #27
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK!!!

A million thanks for the wonderful trip report, the awesome room pics (refurb rooms look much better than I expected!), the OFC menus (Wonderful!! I don't remember these!! We'll pass on the sushi but I know lots of folks will love this!) and the pics of the grounds (always happy to see new ones!!) and for taking the time to keep us WL Lovers informed, intrigued, excited, and give us a little perk up during each day.

I read this while sitting in my office while listening to Mouseworks Radio in a comfy (but not quite a rocking) chair and sipping on an iced coffee. BTW, the background on my computer is of the WL walkway that takes you to the corner doors as you are walking from the boat launch. It's extra pretty because it was taken at night!

Here's a dozen for you..

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #28
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

What a fantastic review! Thank you for sharing!! and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #29
WeCantWait
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great review! Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up while we were there. Unfortunately the day we transfered from Vero Beach to Wilderness Lodge we were distracted by a phone call from our dog sitter asking us to make alternate arrangements for our dog. Thankfully it all worked out.

We had a wonderful stay at Wilderness Lodge. We booked a standard view room. At check in we were given a bunkbed room 3 floors up from WCC. The bunk beds did not work for us, my 13 year old is just about 6 feet tall and he didn't fit, he needs a bed that allows his feet to hang off. We went right back to the front desk and asked if a room with 2 queens was availabe. Thankfully there was one and it was an outer courtyard view! It was beautiful! Refurbed room on the 6th floor. We had 2 breakfasts at WCC. I had the french toast both times and loved it, my husband had the eggs benedict and enjoyed it. Thanks to you we also ventured over to Fort Wilderness for breakfast at Trails End. We were all very happy with it. We also booked a bounceback for next August and I have finally convinced my husband to get some DVC points!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #30
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I got home yesterday, opened my iPad and saw the TR, and yelled "Kooks Wilderness Lodge report!!!"

My DH (who has heard the name kook before) says, "be strong...we need to try something new"...
Just what every guy wants to hear when you get home, 'KOOK!' Nothing wrong with trying new resorts. It's the only way to find out which you like best

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! seeing your trip report. Pictures are great, can't wait to be there.. Glad you had a good vacation...
Thank you, goofynut41! You're going to love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Good morning! I have been in my rocker with my coffee and enjoyed reading the trip report.

Since we are staying at the BC in a couple of weeks we probably won't get over to the WL more than once, but once we return it will be time to talk about my next trip, WL CL! I tell you hot cobbler will be mighty tasty in January!!! Thank you for taking the pictures of the daily offerings in CL

Interesting about Artist Point. We had dinner there once and were a bit disappointed. It's really a shame, it's such a great location but it appears to be hit or miss.

Trail's End, I am intrigued.
Intrigued?? I LOL'd when I read your bolded comment. I want to see a photo of you and that bear! You know you'll need to prime that pump to get any water with your meal and the bathroom is a true outhouse. (Truly! You have to go outside TE next to Pioneer Hall)

I don't think you should go over to WL while you're at BC. I think it will be more exciting to step into WL 12/31 for the first time having not seen it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Thanks Kook! Now I'm even more sad we had to switch from WL to POR....but there's always next time!!
Don't be sad! You're going to have beignets, a new room and beautiful, lush landscaping! Did you see that I changed the Lodgers' Log and added that you might be at WL with your boys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
WDWKOOK!!!

A million thanks for the wonderful trip report, the awesome room pics (refurb rooms look much better than I expected!), the OFC menus (Wonderful!! I don't remember these!! We'll pass on the sushi but I know lots of folks will love this!) and the pics of the grounds (always happy to see new ones!!) and for taking the time to keep us WL Lovers informed, intrigued, excited, and give us a little perk up during each day.

I read this while sitting in my office while listening to Mouseworks Radio in a comfy (but not quite a rocking) chair and sipping on an iced coffee. BTW, the background on my computer is of the WL walkway that takes you to the corner doors as you are walking from the boat launch. It's extra pretty because it was taken at night!

Here's a dozen for you..

I'm overwhelmed and can't thank you enough for your kind words. You made my day and it's so exciting that you'll be at WL for your 25th anniversary, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
What a fantastic review! Thank you for sharing!! and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
Awww, thank you, sydneysmom. I can't believe we left WL one week ago today - feels like forever.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: