Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran
 
Turn the Page's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 646

CBR-Jamaica

Does anyone know off the top of their head about how long it takes to walk from the Jamaica village to the pool and food court? I did find a resort map and I know Jamaica is just across the lake from the public areas of the resort and you can take the bridge across but I'm not sure how far that actually is. TIA.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,658

Our walk from one of the furthest Jamaica buildings was just 5 minute at a leisurely pace.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran
 
Turn the Page's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 646

Excellent. You can't really beat that. Thank you so much for the info.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
Excellent. You can't really beat that. Thank you so much for the info.
You're welcome! My 79 mother was with us two of the three times we were in Jamaica and she had no problems making the walk. (She was 77 and 78 at the time.)
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Turn the Page
DIS Veteran
 
Turn the Page's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 646

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome! My 79 mother was with us two of the three times we were in Jamaica and she had no problems making the walk. (She was 77 and 78 at the time.)
What about a 29 year old and a 56 year old after having chased a 7 year old all day? lol

My mom just called and asked what we should ask for when making our room request. She had already requested Jamaica and wanted me to check and see if that was what would work best for us. It appears it is.
Turn the Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
What about a 29 year old and a 56 year old after having chased a 7 year old all day? lol

My mom just called and asked what we should ask for when making our room request. She had already requested Jamaica and wanted me to check and see if that was what would work best for us. It appears it is.
I'm betting that you'll all be fine. Jamaica is a great location to request. We were in Barbados pre-cruise and then Aruba post-cruise and both of those locations were good too. The walk from Barbados Bldg. 11 was about 6 1/2 minutes.

Lots of pictures of the resort are in my trip report. Just click on the link to have a look around. Handy dandy chapter links are in post 8.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm betting that you'll all be fine. Jamaica is a great location to request. We were in Barbados pre-cruise and then Aruba post-cruise and both of those locations were good too. The walk from Barbados Bldg. 11 was about 6 1/2 minutes.

Lots of pictures of the resort are in my trip report. Just click on the link to have a look around. Handy dandy chapter links are in post 8.
Yeah...our walk from Barbados Bldg 13 was 7 minutes tops at a leisurely pace. We usually walked it in 5.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Yeah...our walk from Barbados Bldg 13 was 7 minutes tops at a leisurely pace. We usually walked it in 5.
I loved how quiet Barbados was and didn't think that the walk was bad at all.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.