Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
KristinFromMN
Earning My Ears

How late can you stay at SeaWorld?

First trip to Orlando! We are going to SeaWorld on Tues, November 13. The park closes at 6pm so is that what time everyone leaves? Or is it typical to stick around later? Thanks!!!
KristinFromMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

It's like every other park,6pm will be the time the rides close but if you get in line for Manta at 6pm and the wait is 60 minutes you'll be in line until 7pm.The same goes for the store at the front of the park or some of the small eateries at the front of the park,you can hang around there and shop and eat for an hour or so and nobody is going to ask you to leave.Basically if a major ride has a wait you can get in line up until 6pm and ride but everything else will close except the front of the park.
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
KristinFromMN
Earning My Ears

If we get there when they open, do you think we will have time to do everything? I am hoping since it's a Tues in November it will be low crowds.
KristinFromMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

I would definitely try to be there at opening,Sea World is different from the other parks in that it has a lot of shows so you should get there at opening grab a park map and plan your day around the showtimes leaving time to do the rides and coasters and to eat.November 13th should be OK crowdwise as the Thanksgiving crowds are not there yet so the rides and coasters shouldn't have long waits.Getting there near opening should allow you to see most of the park,planning the day around the showtimes is the most important thing.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I would definitely try to be there at opening,Sea World is different from the other parks in that it has a lot of shows so you should get there at opening grab a park map and plan your day around the showtimes leaving time to do the rides and coasters and to eat.November 13th should be OK crowdwise as the Thanksgiving crowds are not there yet so the rides and coasters shouldn't have long waits.Getting there near opening should allow you to see most of the park,planning the day around the showtimes is the most important thing.
and IMO if you examine that show schedule carefully you'll see that the shows fall into one or two natural progressions ... following those progressions can help you see more of the shows AND you'll be following the crowd like lemmings! harder to get lost or off the planned track!

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
closing, sea world, seaworld

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: