Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

What is the one thing...?

You wish you had brought?

You wish you had not?

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
scdufek
Mouseketeer

It seems like I packed EVERYTHING, so I didnt need anything else! But, I do wish I would have packed a little less shoes for just myself! I brought 9 pair (Yikes!) and only ended up wearing the same two pair the whole time at Disney!
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

Wish I would have brought nail clippers - bought them in the resort gift shop. And more underclothes - we don't do laundry and I ended up having to wash a few items in the sink.

We did bring a TON of snacks and ended up bringing a bunch back home with us.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I needed a small screwdriver to replace batteries in the camera that my nephew bought, so now, it's with me everywhere I go. extra sunscreen, I lost the one I brought and had to buy another one, never again..paid double for it
Old 09-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Blister band aids and more underclothes. Moleskin doesnt work and that is all disney sells for blisters. Also ended up washing under clothes in the sink.. even in December!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

I agree with the more underwear thing!!! Double the amount of days you are there and pack that many pairs!!!

I should have packed less shoes for the kiddos and myself!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
artemis4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
You wish you had brought?

You wish you had not?
I wish we had brought a rain cover for the stroller we borrowed just in case the five year old pooped out. We ended up using the stroller after Day 3, but we didn't have a rain cover, and it rained a lot. DH gave up his ponch to keep the stroller dry, which meany he got fairly wet a couple of times.

I wish we hadn't bought all those expensive blister bandages. We didn't get one blister in our group of seven, and I had bought three packs of those special bandages just in case. I also bought too much sunscreen, but I know we will use that up easily. My famiy didn't mind the taste of Disney bubbler water at all, so I've got tons of Crystal Light Pure packets left too.

Oh well. If I hadn't packed all of those things, we probably wouldn't have had enought, right?

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

artemis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #8
AdamRos19
Earning My Ears

Wish I would have brought underwear style that I have worn previously not finding out that I can chafe badly on a brand new package for a 1 week trip every day in the high 90s

And I wish id have brought more money to add extra days!
AdamRos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #9
Salina
Earning My Ears

Wish we brought more sun cream and less rain jackets
Salina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
DakotaRose
Mouseketeer

Won't be taking next time:
filtering water bottle (Orlando water tastes fine to me)
umbrella (clothes still got wet, poncho was better)
two pairs of flip flops + Keens (one pair flip flops only, no Keens next time)
iPad - didn't use it enough to warrant carrying it on me while flying each way
Old 09-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Wish I had brought a small container of dish soap. LOVE LOVE LOVE the refillable mugs but after a week of refilling...even after rinsing out...they are kind of ... eeew.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #12
pumpkinpatchquilter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsmommy View Post
I agree with the more underwear thing!!! Double the amount of days you are there and pack that many pairs!!!
THIS! I know it's gross to talk about...but that's just exactly why it should be mentioned...because nobody will tell you! Bring double, I agree...even if it doesn't rain and you have soggy skivvies...you're gonna sweat....and you'll have soggy skivvies. It just feels good for everyone to put fresh socks and skivvies on either when you come back to the room for a break or before bed.

Also I didn't think I'd need a lot of socks because it's hot and I wanted to wear flip flops or clogs...but you'll want them for the room. We kept getting those gross worms coming in on our shoes or in through the cracks somehow...and they were everywhere even the tub. Eww. I stepped on one...thank goodness I was wearing socks!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

I agree with the shoes - I've made that mistake before. I always think that for some events/nights I'm going to want to wear something less comfortable but more stylish but I NEVER do. No matter how you slice it we walk miles & miles every day & every night so no matter how comfy my heeled sandles are, I always end up wearing walking shoes & not wanting to carry a change of shoes. It's just never worth it once I get there, lol!

I WAS glad that I started walking weeks before my trip last time.... the trip before that I was out of shape & pushed so hard the first day that I gave myself shin splints. It ached for days!

I also once made the mistake of bringing new shoes without breaking them in at all first. At the end of the first day I was loaded with blisters & it was a pain for the remainder of our trip. (literally)

I guess I have a lot of shoe issues?!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
Wish I had brought a small container of dish soap. LOVE LOVE LOVE the refillable mugs but after a week of refilling...even after rinsing out...they are kind of ... eeew.
I read from another member on here to cut a sponge into smaller squares, lightly wet & then soak in dishwashing soap. Let them dry out & then you can rehydrate them with water when you're there and since they'll be small & pretty much sized for one-time usage, just toss them when you're done!

I just 'prepped' some for our trip, dried them overnight & then stored them in a ziplock.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post
I read from another member on here to cut a sponge into smaller squares, lightly wet & then soak in dishwashing soap. Let them dry out & then you can rehydrate them with water when you're there and since they'll be small & pretty much sized for one-time usage, just toss them when you're done!

I just 'prepped' some for our trip, dried them overnight & then stored them in a ziplock.
That is one of the most awesome tips I've ever read. I have traveled all over the world with my handy soap papers, but of course, they don't come with a scrubber. Problem solved.

My tip- bring half the clothes and twice the money you think you'll need.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: